Potency from reforging

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Dallan, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Dallan New Member

You dont seem to get much Potency when reforging gear - are the small dribbles worth the effort or should other stats be boosted??
    Thanks
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Reforge into potency only when there is nothing better to reforge into.. because reforging into potency gives such horrible returns.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You really want Fervor > Crit Bonus > Potency > ABMod, in general.
    Soara2, Breanna, Carynn and 1 other person like this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

You're generally better off reforging into ability mod before potency, however, given the relative return rates while reforging...
    Soara2, Carynn and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Carynn Well-Known Member

I really wish this sort of information was on the wikia under reforging.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

Wiki articles are written by players. If you find a gap, feel free to fill it in. :)
  7. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

i think op wanted to know what to go for in reforging. Fervor and crit bonus aren't even available when reforging
  8. Carynn Well-Known Member

And that would also be helpful to know! Thanks. Helps if folks actually answer a question correctly... And again with the wikia for people in the know, not the random person reading the forums and getting the wrong answers and putting them on the wikia.
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's impossible to give that kind of guidance. It's extremely dependent on class, AA, and your specific gear. The best you can do is go to the Reforger, and Restore everything. Then look at your stats and see what needs help.

I just did this yesterday on my raiding warlock, and found I had like 500 Reuse Speed and 0 Recovery Speed... both should be around 100% more or less, so that was one obvious fix. This toon is a caster, so all the melee stats are worthless, I needed as much as possible to reforge them into something I CAN use. Casting speed is usually my first choice (up to about 1100), then I try to get Accuracy and Strikethrough somewhere near 100%, then anything left to DPS Mod if I can. On the caster, I usually find myself reforging Haste into whatever else I need, and ABMod is so overwhelmingly high I can reforge some of that, too.

BUT... our raid leader has been pushing us to get to T4 Myth Resolve as a priority above everything else, so once I get that last 5 points of Resolve, I need to start trying to get gear better suited for a caster... more spell casting speed, spell skills, and so on (I have a bunch of Deathless tanky armor right now just because of the Resolve, and need to shift some to Enlightened). So in my case, I just do the best I can with reforging and "fix" my stats by trying to obtain gear more attuned with my needs as a warlock.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Aside from maybe tanks, everybody wants pretty much the same (reforgable) stats..
    min 100 casting speed (more gives about 33 to 1 for spell double cast)
    min 100 reuse (extra can be useful if you're getting confront fear from a dirge otherwise extra is useless for most classes)
    100 recovery speed (more is useless)
    100 haste, to maximize weapon procs
    120 MA, to maximize weapon procs
    as much ability mod as you can manage 2mil + is best

Other stats.. as much fervor, potency and crit bonus as you can get (fervor and crit bonus have caps, so if you're getting high, you'll need to manage your fervor vs fervor overcap)
    155 spell double cast (max needed this expac)
    120 ability double cast (max needed this expac)

Since everybody has ascensions and auto-attack damage is approximately zero, even for scouts, 'auto attack stats' are of minimal value for everybody.
    Juraiya, ConcealFate, Soara2 and 4 others like this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

ABMod caps at half your biggest hit or heal.
    Juraiya, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  12. Melt Actually plays the game

Which, in short, will never be capped so long as ascensions exist. My largest one tooltips at over 100 million.

edit: as a geomancer
    Juraiya, Dude, Mermut and 1 other person like this.
  13. Observing Active Member

Unless it is refined mastercrafted gear, do not reforge to potency.

I would add that most characters should have:

100 strikethrough
    50-100 accuracy
    200 haste

to maximum your weapon procs
    Soara2 likes this.
  14. Dallan New Member

Thanks for all the great responses. Maximizing my weapon procs was not something i was even thinking about - glad that was brought up :) . Casting speed was what i was mainly focusing on. May take the advice and restore it all and run through things again now! Love a helpful community.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This is now incorrect. When the expansion first came out, there was a bug that would allow you to reforge into a huge amount of potency. That bug has since been fixed.
    Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  16. Observing Active Member

Incorrect. I just tested this this week. The bonus may not be as large as it used to be, but it is still there