Any plans to fix CC durations in PvP?

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Kazooooooooooo, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

CC duration is a big problem across the board currently and I'd love to see it looked at. Currently most mages are rocking a solid 1.3second base stun which is really gimping their ability on this server. I wouldn't expect nor would I really want insane CC times like back in the day but as they stand now are just too low. And just to clarify I believe it should be increased on all classes, somewhere in the x2-x2.5 times region. Give assassin's that iconic stifle, let a coercer have a chance to mez someone and combo them. It would increase the variety of classes being played as well which would be good for the health of the server. Curious on everyone's opinion actually. Would you like to see CC duration increased? Why or why not?

Also, the forums should be used as the avenue for discussion between devs and players not discord. Information is never properly pinned, players are banned with no warning/reasoning. It just doesn't facilitate a proper discussion like forums do.
    Prasecisqo, Ishtara, Somedude and 2 others like this.
  2. Keexx New Member

Dang Kazoo with solid points and Suggestions
  3. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

Bump? For the 3 people that read these forums
  4. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

WTB red response PST
  5. Somedude Active Member

You didn't get the memo, season 2 is scoutapalooza. If you're playing something else, you're doing it wrong.
    Vandrago likes this.
  6. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

You're absolutely right and it will always be at lower tiers as most classes don't come into their own until they get AA and a few more abilities. That being said the way the game is balanced currently is toxic for the servers health. There is very little spread among classes because there is absolutely no reason to not play a scout at every tier until they fix CC. A lot of classes rely on crowd control to give them an ability to solo which is a very important aspect of the game. Pretty sure mages currently spend more time on the revive screen than actually playing. This is a problem.

#FixCC2019

Still WTB red response. Don't we have a community manager or something? Anyone that can tell us something?
  7. Jarvan Member

along with the long list of things we've needed fixed and gotten no response on. last 2 server updates had nothing for the pvp server aside from piss poor stat changes.
  8. Zenji Well-Known Member

But hey you can relish in knowing a new event server is planned for the 15th anniversary of EQ2 this November! /s
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

I wish the anniversary surprise was a full TL Progression PvP server! Just put Deathtoll back up and be done with it, please! Most people don't like the seasons and refuse to even PvP in EQ2 until a full-fledged server goes back up.
  10. Melric New Member

Please do a poll. We would have triple the population if the server was permanent. Why do they not get this???? No one wants all their work to be deleted in 3 months!!!!
    Vandrago, Frostfang and Siren like this.
  11. Jarvan Member

If they release another blubie event server for eq2 in November, ill pretty much write them off at that point. surprised most of us already haven't. we're all just beating a dead horse.
    Vandrago, Frostfang and Zenji like this.
  12. Prasecisqo Member

stop dumb seasons, increase CC durations, tone down heroic mobs
  13. Nuada Active Member

yes the org balance was way better as this new... less heal all stuff is down. and no long pvp fights this is the death for eq2.

Start a new server with org balance and aas
    Good loot chance in all dungeons for all "classes", and do pvp gear ,There were times when hundret of ppls have only farm pvp gear. and masters for pvp.
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

Caith has already said they aren't doing PvP gear because the team is way too small to keep two types of gear going. They haven't done PvP gear and aren't ever doing it, so you can give up on that. It had no PvE stats on it anyway, which was stupid for an open PvP server. If you want Battlegrounds (I don't!), there are plenty of other games with those.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

Looking for a post from you where someone said the same thing about PvP coming back. ;)
    Breanna likes this.