A Crooked House...

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, blame it all on Geroblue; he inspired this with the post of his poem on this thread:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/summer-road-trip-2019.590157/page-24

So, I had to see if I could whip up a house shaped like an expanded-out, only 3-dimensional tesseract (not furnished yet):

[IMG]
    Not the best picture of it so far (I have more ;->), but you can tell that's in the Sprocket's prestige place.

You can barely see that there are flattened Vertical Windows in Tall Dividers here and there to get between the vertical rooms (I may put in either doors laid horizontally or those "hinged" Floor items to avoid folks falling through), and Rectangular Door Frames to get between the horizontal ones. The "basement" room will be buried (like in the hobbit -- er, Halfling hole in the Vale) or sunk in a water feature or something. so you won't have to fly to get to the front doorway. Or maybe I'll put in porch stairs. ;->

The most exciting thing about that picture is in the back, off to the right; that, my friends, is an ordinary, something we can make ourselves Tall Divider of Maple, that apparently now gets up to SIZE TWELVE!!!!!! :D When did this happen?! :D I made the Crooked House at scale 6, 'cause that's what I thought we were limited to. I may have to re-think it, but the pix are valid for now... ;->

From "square on" (heh!):
    [IMG]
    With the scale factor increasing, I figure I can actually get some furnishings in there eventually. ;->

View through the midsection:
    [IMG]
    There are 5 rooms there (one in the back, off to the left), but they're fairly small, and one is the entryway from the Arched Doorway (off to the right, out of frame), and another is the stairway. Definitely gonna have to increase the scale factor if I want more than, say, a chair and an end table in each. :-/

View from the top room:
    [IMG]
    What you can't see (my apologies, not that great a "photographer") is that the ceiling is actually relatively high up here...but still, it'll be much improved once I crank up the size. ;->

View from the back:
    [IMG]
    If I do make it twice this size, I wonder if I'll be able to fit that bottom room into the water feature in this house! ;->

Or in a Vale Halfling hole house... :-/

Uwk
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Drat...upon further investigation, anything with "divider" in the name (at least with the usual Building Block sets; haven't tried it with the "framed" old fashioned Dividers) can, indeed, go up to size 12. Nothing else outside of Marketplace items can. Which is okay, I guess, though I'd've liked to have seen Tiles get up there, too. Would make flooring a lot easier. :-/

Uwk
    who ponders about requesting that for the Wish Lists... ;->
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Nobody saw me do it. I just returned from breakfast. Its not my fault the car wash wouldn't let me select soap. Thats my /claim and I'm sticking to it.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good thing is, the "floors" for the vertical rooms are just the Vertical Windows dividers, so that's covered. ;->

I may swap out the Maple I've been using for some Tiles from the Marketplace, just to prevent further ulcers in my bigger model.

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

To bad the sale is over, they had tile sets for something like 15 DBCash.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Argh, tell me about it. I was all set to pick some stuff up before 11:59 pm PT on the last day (Tuesday after Labor Day, if memory serves), only to find they'd changed it from that previously official time (on the official, DBG EQ2 website) to a mere 11:59 am PT (the time listed here in the forums [and after the Labor Day Sale announcement had been deleted from the official website], so I'm not sure which was the "correct" one), and I'd missed it. :-/

Ah well, one of the bennies of being a Member is getting 10% off always... ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I was going to get stuff that day as well as that is when I got paid.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw... :(

Uwk
    who could've sworn it'd originally said 11:59 Pm... :-/
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It did, someone posted the original announcement, but Dreamweaver said that he made a typo and then corrected it and apologized.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmph. :-/

I preferred the typo... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Geroblue like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Me too!!