Can we just have Deathtoll back.

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Jarvan, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea I can understand they were asset about that but let's face it sometimes there is luck involved and there is always somebody out there better than you . Next day they defeat maybe another guild , shish and it's a game .
    I lost almost all my money once in only 10 minutes and boy I was mad , but I am still here asking for more now , as in I would like another try at a TLE PvP server
    I suggest 120 days for Shattered Lands and than go down to 90 or even 70 days or so for any others .
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Since not everyone has discord, just wanted to pass this along.

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.2)]Kander08/31/2019[/COLOR]
    Bauble is Tuesday. Armor appearance will get fixed. Discussions of a long term Pvp server early next year are happening.
    Siren, Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thanks Dude for sharing this <3 <3 <3
    Siren, Breanna and Dude like this.
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

So is there any additional info on Discord yet concerning Deathtoll making its permanent PvP TL return early next year? Is there a set ETA yet, and server details?

I hope like heck they allow us as many characters per account as we have open slots, and either limit AAs severely or prevent level locking, to prevent too much player power from building up so that latecomers and newbies stand a chance as time goes on.

I also hope against hope it's 3 faction PvP with Exiles, Freeps and Qeynosians that also has betrayal where you can keep your class for *all* classes (even if you have to do it the long way, with the questing time line-- that's actually quite fun!).

I also really hope they leave the XP rates and mob difficulty levels exactly as they are now on Nagafen Season 2. *ducks* Well hey, they made Kaladim easier and everyone also complains about that! And people run out of things to do too fast besides. There's just no pleasing some people.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

No news and I wouldn't really expect any until after the new expansion launch in December.
    Breanna and Siren like this.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

Yeah, I figured as much. :( Oh well, at least Nights of the Dead is coming. I think we're getting that on Kaladim. I hope Frostfell comes there, too.
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

as things went before on the previous TLE servers we will not get the full Night of the dead and or Frostfell this year
    only a merchant with selected items . To get a full version of any event we first need all basic zones as in we need to get
    EoF first .
    Others and I always said that at least the Moonlight enchantment should be available , since the instances are independent .
    City fest does not come out till we get the island of Mara , because there is a quest you would otherwise not be able to do.

about the level locking , before that was around , people would jump of a cliff over and over till their dept. was so high
    they would not level up for a long time. the record holders for the most deaths in EQ2 were in the twenties on a PvP server.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

Yeah, it depends where they start this new Deathtoll from, and how long there is before each expansion unlock: Right now, season 2 of Nagafen is already open through KoS. It also depends upon what launch month "early next year" turns out to be. Even if they launch with only the base game unlocked in January, the probability is good that by the time Nights of the Dead and then Frostfell hit, we'll have enough zones to add them.

As for level locking, yeah, I remember some people suiciding-over-and-over to hit the debt cap. However, I think it would cut down on the "locked twinks" mechanism a lot forcing that to be the only option: Otherwise, every tier will have locked twinks at the 9s and newer players will never see the end of the griefing. Plus, I think other times, the devs were able to shut off XP debt to prevent this mechanic from being exploited.

We'll see! It's too bad they couldn't launch for our 15th anniversary, but they have some changes to make, and that will take time. Even if we still have Free For All PvP without the factions or Exiles, the most important parts are to get a permanent server, and as many character slots per account as we have available. They'll see a lot more players rolling on and getting invested in the server that way. And all the cash shop fluff/housing etc. could be in the game, making them sales as well. Even extra character slots and race changes etc. would sell if people know their characters will still be there tomorrow.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ahh pardon me I did not know you guys get any , yes if you get festivals on Nagafen , you will get Night of the dead and Hero fest next .
    And I am also sure you get the regular character slots Nagafen 2 was an experiment and I think many PvP players were repulsed by the idea of this model of dog eats dog lol I still remember people complaining that their own guards where killing them. And that they could not get back inside Neriak .
  10. Raff Well-Known Member

By the end of its short life, Deathtoll had maybe 10 regular players.

Naggy failed. As has every other Pvp / Battleground attempt since launch.

It is an unfortunate fact of game life that EQ2 PvP'ers soil their own nests EVERY SINGLE TIME....
    ConcealFate likes this.
  11. Frostfang Member

Bluebie logic at its finest
  12. Prasecisqo Member

From my modest experience its not the players but totally non-understandable conditiond given by devs:

1) WHO WOULD EVER want server that reset all effort you do in questing to nothing???
    2) Who wanted server so hard, where 3 players cant take on ONE HEROIC mob?!?!? Not speaking about that all zones are furr of heroics and YOU CANT SOLO GREEN QUEST MOBS!!!
    3) Who EVER wanted all classes dependent on stuns/mezzes/stiflles to be unplayable?
    4) Who wanted scouts to rule whole game and track easily questers and evac anytime they get jumped?
    5) Who wanted clerics and shamans be unplayable in pvp because of slow cast times and interrupts?
    one could contiune into oblivion...
    Schmetterling likes this.
  13. Frostfang Member

3 players not being able to take on a heroic mob and not being able to solo green quest mobs? Were we playing the same server? It wasn't that difficult.

From my experience on Nagafen 2.0, playing a Defiler was cake. I had no problem 1v1ing anyone except SK's or other healers. Group pvp was even easier on my Defiler. Unplayable is definitely not the right word.
  14. Prasecisqo Member

So, just another lvl-locker at lvl 14
    Siren likes this.
  15. Frostfang Member

I don't need to be overpowered to tell you that you're bad at the game
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

Preying upon level 10 greens with only 2 skills isn't too hard for any class as a L14 orange. :p
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Pwolf New Member

How active is the server M-F 4pm est - 10pm est and on the weekends? Is the pvp any good ie, mechanics wise ?
  18. DefeatedZ Member

Server is more or less dead. Whenever i log on there's normally a max of 10 players on the server at the one time. Half of which are AFK in Freeport or whatever.