Subscribe or not?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Leloes, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Leloes Well-Known Member

I was just wondering what all of you would recommend? Should I stay F2P for the time being and then later subscribe? Or should I rush in and subscribe?
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

I would stay f2p for a week or 2 until you make sure you can actually get back in and play, that way you don't waste your money on a sub. Or you could buy a Krono I think they're like $15.00 give or take and that will give you a month sub. But with all the issues you've had I wouldn't rush in too quick.

Once you get stable playing heck yea I'd recommend sub over F2P you get a lot of percs.
    Cyrrena, Soara2, Snikkety and 3 others like this.
  3. Leloes Well-Known Member

That's kind of what I was thinking. I finally have a modem but the internet still seems to acting a bit on the screwy side.:rolleyes:
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I would get the game fully downloaded. I would make a backup as well on a thumbdrive so if something happens and you have to do a new install you have the majority on the thumbdrive and can just copy that to your hard drive, then let the launchpad update the rest. Then get back into the swing of things, refamiliarize yourself with the game and where you were and what you were doing when you were forced to stop playing. Then of course I would sub. And Kronos are more than $17, it is cheaper for a monthly sub if you cannot afford a 3 month sub, than to buy Kronos, unless you are buying Kronos in-game with plat.

Congratulations on the modem.
  5. Leloes Well-Known Member

Okay, I got everything you said but......what is a thumbdrive? Please don't smack me....I'm still kind of dumb when it comes to some of this computer stuff.:)
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It is those little USB drives they are pretty inexpensive they come in various sizes. A lot of desktops, not sure about laptops, but Windows can use them for a certain amount of RAM. I think I got 2 - 64 gig thumb drives at Staples on sale for $18 each. They are just small portable drives. Some people call them Flash Drives, some people call them Pen Drives, some people call them Thumb Drives. Here is an article about using them for extra RAM.

https://m.wikihow.com/Use-Pen-Drive-As-RAM

Walmart has a 64 GB SanDisk Flash Drive for $12.18. Which is a very good price.
  7. Leloes Well-Known Member

Oh, okay. Yeah, then I know what it is. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something new I didn't know anything about.:D
  8. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Also known as a USB stick (what we call them here in NZ).
  9. Leloes Well-Known Member

Hopefully this will finish downloading and I'll be able to get into the game before they decide to shut it down.:rolleyes:
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Saw some 64 gig sticks at Wal-Mart on sale for $6 about 2 weeks ago. No idea if they are still on sale or not.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Soara2 like this.