Estate was Packed into a Crate!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Lyyle, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Lyyle Member

Apparently while I was taking a break from playing my Tailor, my Mistmore Crags estate somehow got packed into a moving crate and deposited in another one of my houses! I can't pick up the crate and take it back nor was my layout saved for my estate. Any ideas about what might have happened?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Soara2 like this.
  2. elflover Well-Known Member

You cant pick up the crate but you can move it back to your other home you want it in.
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Housing

Go to the section that says moving to a new house. How it had happened no idea, chance you may have done it before you stopped playing the character?
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

4. Faelan Active Member

While I was away my char on AB had most of her house items placed in her bank, and the 4 treasure hoards are totally missing in both her houses. Tried to petition, but support page won't let me log in (I am a member). Looks like I am not the only one having odd things happen. Other chars are just fine, and my account has NOT been hacked! I'm thinking maybe a glitch from the merger? I also did have a char moved to another server, but don't see that causing it, none of the items belonged to that character.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...and your character on AB was the one that had everything packed in a Moving Crate? :-/

That is puzzling, since the only merger/consolidation/etc. I can think of with AB recently (i.e., within the last 5 years or so) was when Sebilis (Japan) got ported over there. :-/

When you tried getting into the Help website, did you not pass the Captcha irritations they have up now? Sometimes it doesn't load immediately; I got hung up on that myself trying to login to the forums in all innocence after having been away for a bit and not being aware they'd done that as a new security feature. :-/

Uwk
    who always tries the Audio options with Captcha, 'cause they're the only ones anyone without 20/5 vision can pass :(
    Cyrrena, Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  6. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Fallen Gate also merged into AB.
  7. Faelan Active Member

Can't even get to the captcha screen, I click "log in" and it just reloads the page, over and over. As far as the house goes, I would be satisfied with just getting the treasure hoards returned, don't want to have to spend vet points to re-buy them. From there it won't be a major chore to redecorate, and I was going to change a few things around anyway. Just a mystery as to how it happened. I have found that items are disappearing on occasion instead of placing when I do move things around, so will likely pull everything out of the house, relinquish, and re-purchase. Looks like this house somehow got bugged. Haven't bothered with the other house yet, as it was pretty much empty other than the treasure hoards, but will do the same with it to be safe.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

When FG merged, there was that Shared Bank/Backpack Issue. I was on Kaladim when the merge occurred and when I finally logged Cyrrena in it took me more than 9 hours to clear her backpacks out because she only had 7 free slots to start with and everything from deleted FG characters shared banks appeared in Cyrrena's backpacks along with stuff from other peoples banks, people I did not know. It took forever. I was going in and out of storage dungeons, going in and out of my guild hall to access depots and vendors to sell trash. That may be what occurred here.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  9. Faelan Active Member

Yes, I am working from a merger bank/house glitch point of view at this time, as it has happened before in mergers. Fortunately, this character is a holdover from when I was actively playing on AB, and is seldom played anymore, so it's more of an annoyance than anything catastrophic. But I'd still like to get it cleared up if I can. I'll just keep trying to support web page now and then, and take further action if I need to. Sony/DB support has always been pretty helpful in the past, it's just a matter of getting through to them.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, right...sounds like a major train wreck all around. :-/

Glad it got settled! Now to get ahold of the Help website... ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  11. Lyyle Member

As far as I know nothing is missing. After reading about the trial of getting Help I think I'll just redo the house (and save the layout!) ... for the record, this character has been on AB for years and I only stopped playing her for a few months. None of her other houses were trashed, but it was dumb luck that I happened to notice a moving crate by the Mara estate gate. I haven't started decorating that one and almost never go there. Thanks guys for the comments!
  12. elflover Well-Known Member

Well good thing nothing is missing and yes saving the layout always is a good idea. Also make sure that someone else doesn't have access they could have packed your house.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Gah! Why, just to be a jerk? :-/

Accidentally?

Could be the latter, since nothing's missing, but they should still 'fess up, especially if they didn't realize you hadn't saved the layout. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

A lot of people do stuff like that these days, sometimes to be a jerk because they are behind a computer and sometimes because they think it would be funny, to them it is, to the house owner/decorator it is not.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, anyone who would just "decorate" by having one home (with their Sales Crates in them) and just chuck something in and shut the door behind it just doesn't get it. :-/

Uwk
    who, it must be said, often does just that...or leaves poor projects dangling out in the cold, only partially finished (thank the gods for Swap and Challenge events, but at least I try! ;->) :oops:
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  16. elflover Well-Known Member

A few of my houses are like that or are half decorated because I lost interest or forgot what i was doing in there. The swaps acutaly take me away from my homes..my poor homes lol. Im finaly getting back to one i walked into a couple of days ago...cant remember what i planned for it but Im just going to work on the little bit i started lol.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I get that way, too...some are easy, like my ambitious plans to turn my Mistmoore Estates for my Doctor Who toons into their main console rooms and starting corridors (four Doctors so far: War Doctor, Eleven, Twelve, and Thirteen, plus a couple of Masters [well, one Master, one Missy] and an -- amoral -- Time Lady [the Rani], but I don't have a lot of info for their TARDIS interiors, and Thirteen's gonna be a bear :-/); others are more tricky, and I have to keep poking myself to stay motivated, sometimes. Doesn't help that I'm up to....... (counting) 106 toons, with two more planned. Getting those folks leveled is distracting, too. :-/

Ah well, it's turning out that the grand majority of my highest level toons are my main Carpies on each server, mainly so they can harvest wherever... ;->

Uwk
    who has to know: did they ever fix that bloody problem with the lack of Pelts in PoP? :-/
    Juraiya, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  18. Juraiya Well-Known Member

It could have been clicked on accident. I had a friend who inadvertently moved the contents of one of his houses into another without meaning to. He was pretty chagrined when it happened, as the first home had been well decorated. You do realize that it could only happen if the other character was a Trustee to the home. Unless you've made other players Trustees to that first home, that isn't a likely scenario.

Saving layouts is a good idea, but that doesn't do much good if the layout files get deleted from your computer and you don't realize it. (Like during a re-install of the EQ2 files, for instance.) It's a good idea to back up those layout files to DVDs... you could always ask Cyrrena to back it up on one of her millions of DVDs. :p (And I hope you realize that I'm just kidding about that.)
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I would have no problem giving them a hundred copies of their layout files. =)
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! The more backups, the merrier. ;->

Especially on physical media...

Uwk
    who doesn't trust "The Cloud" for nothin' :-/
    Juraiya, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.