Returning fury help

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Twofeets, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Twofeets Active Member

What is the current state for returning furies? When I left 2 years ago, with decent raid gear, I could solo heal just about any zone in the game by DPSing, requiring only an occasional patch 'real heal'. I've recently returned and am currently gearing up on heroic zones (Resolve 1905, potency about 70k). When I try to heal with DPS I find it to be too spotty, especially in the expert zones. I ended up having to go full heal spec for the first time since about 2012 to heal groups.

Are furies currently able to heal groups in T2/expert zones in DPS mode? If so, what stats are required for this?

Thanks
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

Healing at this point is far more dependent on the gear of the group than the gear of the healer. Some of the zones now are just not really feasible with one healer though. The current best healer is a Warden, and they are pretty much the only class that can think about solo healing expert T2s, specifically Aerie and Council Stronghold. Those zones are just rough. However you're really going to want a lot more potency than that. Most people in expert gear run around 90k ish potency, after mild infusing.
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Furies are actually super strong right now too. Upgrade pact of the cheetah.. the DR on that is crazy good.
    Druids are the healing kings this expac.
    Snikkety, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  4. Raff Well-Known Member

I solo heal T2's on my Defiler...but it is a lot of work.
    Soara2 and Snikkety like this.
  5. Melt Actually plays the game

Ehh I solo heal them on my templar as well, but a raid geared toon at 100k potency isn't really the average for most people looking to get into running experts.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Twofeets Active Member

I've already healed T1 experts with my current gear. I cant say it was always pretty, but when Im with my guild it goes pretty well. Pickup groups tend to be a bit sloppy, especially those without a tank. Regardless, I've never failed on a zone. The problem is I have to be full heal spec to do it, I miss being able to do at least some DPS.
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Melt Actually plays the game

Yeah pick up groups are kinda luck of the draw... sometimes you end up with a really good one, sometimes you end up with a paladin that complains about running out of power after using his apprentice ethershadow assassin on pull then ragequits when you say that maybe losing all your power on pull with no power regen in the group isn't the best idea. Not that anything like that has ever happened to me... not salty...
    Soara2, Pixistik and Dude like this.
  8. Bludd Well-Known Member

etherealist also has the essence of magic spell which regens some power. ninja trick is firing off eom before ethshadass
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Raff Well-Known Member

By this time in the expac, most of us should be pretty well geared if we started early enough. I'm not a raider, but T2's are dropping gemcrafted & there is the coin gear as well. Everything is celestial & plat infused to the max thanks to 37% rare harvest. So, yeah, you can solo heal on other classes than wardens if you are not a raider. Not doing too bad on my Inq either in T2's.
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Melt Actually plays the game

Most T2s yeah, the only one that's even close to an issue is Aerie. I agree though, I've subsidized all of my stuff with harvesting. With the changes this expansion, I've been able to get all maxed planar levels and all infusing, all grandmaster ascensions etc all with money from harvesting. I'm pulling like 300 rares an hour, easy money.
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Twofeets Active Member

Snikkety, how/where do you get that many rares? Price inflation is out of control and I'm broke lol.
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. Raff Well-Known Member

On AB, the bottom has fallen out of the rares market. At one time, rares were selling for 2000 plat each ...no matter what the rare. Harvesting was a well paying pastime. Now you sell those same rares for only 200-300 plat or less. Not sure if the market has been flooded somehow or if there is just less interest in maxing out more alts.
  13. Melt Actually plays the game

Sorry, didn't get a notification. There are, in my opinion, 2 really good harvesting spots. The swamp area in plaguelands is really good and the forest area of Vegarlson. If I'm trying for every type of rare/planar energies, then I go to the swamp because it has a generally higher density and (seemingly) higher respawn rates. For just weapon rares, vegarlson is great because all of the trapping/mining/foresting nodes are in one area, all of which make weapons.

I get that much at 1400 harvesting skills and 30% rare harvest chance. Good luck out there!