Have you seen me?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Wulfgyr, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Well, I guess my return to Norrath will be rather shorter than I had hoped. While I was able to recover one of my accounts with the help of the excellent Daybreak staff, the other was apparently compromised after I left in early 2006. While I have all the info used to originally create the account (except the credit card number from over 15 years ago), I guess it gets overwritten when someone changes it. Even though the account I recovered has vanity items from the compromised account in my house, and the housing menu shows I paid upkeep using those characters, its not enough of a link. :(

So if you see Wulfgyr or Erytheal (probably still Wulfgyrw & Erythealw after the server merges) from Quellious / Permafrost running around, tell them thanks... or better yet, so long, and thanks for all the fish.

Wulfgyr Draco'Kyn
    Mystbolt Draco'Kyn
    (and no, I won't be updating my UI without access to the account)
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

3. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

Uh not sure why anybody would expect to recover a 13 year old account. I can see trying but seriously it would make more sense just to make a new account?
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

wow:eek: 2006 , that's a long time ago :confused: how did anybody get their hands on your account unless you trusted them :mad:
    They should be ashamed of themselves , or maybe they thought your dead or something :(
    darn right , don't upgrade anything . I would begin new with the one account you got back and lol keep those fish coming
    ha , ha , ha .
    I am sure people would love to help you along , back on your feet . It would be nice if you come back have some fun and thumb your nose at them .
  5. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

I successfully recovered the other account that was the same age, so I expected to be able to recover the other, too. And create a new "free account" versus my silver account that started in Everquest in 2001, and was then used to develop the Draco'Kyn UI? To me, just wouldn't be the same.

Yeah, it was a long time ago. Only thing I can think of, is someone from my guild managed to figure out the secret question answer or something. It's just disappointing that even though I knew the account name, the billing address for the card used when it was created, the character names on the account, and included screenshots of them paying upkeep on my other accounts house, it didn't matter. It's not the support folks fault that the account creation information apparently gets overwritten whenever someone changes the associated email address, etc.

And while I know folks would likely help me get back into it, starting a new account or using my Vanguard account feels like I'd be rolling over and letting the culprit get away with it. The characters are on my friends list and still have the "w" from the Permafrost server merge, so they're probably not even being played. Admittedly, I'm likely a little salty that a GM wouldn't even check any of the in-game info. So instead of introducing my son to Norrath, we'll probably journey to Azeroth.

Thanks for the kind thoughts and words,
    Wulfgyr Draco'Kyn
    Mystbolt Draco'Kyn
    Draco'Kyn UI (retired)
  6. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Now you know why you never share your login / pw with anyone.
    The only Wulfgyr I see is level 3 on Butcherblock?
    No info on the other names as they haven't been logged in for years.
    Soara2, Wulfgyr, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Even marriages can end bitterly, yeah. :-/

Uwk
    lucky to be still attached at the hip for 30 years, soon :D
    Juraiya, Soara2, Wulfgyr and 3 others like this.
  8. Seefar Well-Known Member

SoE's servers were famously hacked around that time, many accounts got stolen :(
    Soara2, Wulfgyr and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea sounds like somebody who knew you well , he knew you would not be there any longer , or so he or she thought.
    hmm maybe your mother has began to play the game when she found your notes to access to the account just kidding I should not make jokes about this , I almost lost an account on another game and got it back because the thief even changed the passwords . I was able to get my account back because I claimed to have forgotten my password and thus got a message send to my email bam he was out I was back in . got my account back with all my characters striped to their underwear.
    I also told the company and they locked my account for the next month or so till I was able to proof it's mine .the irony.
    I know all that is not possible for you anymore because he changed everything.
    Play the one account you got for now , who knows you might be able to catch the thief on general chat
    or your toons are still in the old guild you get the idea.
    Soara2, Wulfgyr, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  10. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Nice sound of bowstring and an accurate hit! I was thinking, where that EQii emulator came from, which dates back to about same time, according to content declared on its website
    Soara2, Wulfgyr and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

People who play EQ have recovered accounts older than that.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Maybe you could ask if your secondary account could get silver status , and yes there is still a difference between free to play and silver . I must say Sony has come through for me several times , when I bought something by accident or it went t the wrong toon and I am sure so will Daybreak . I know it's the principal of the idea that you can't get at your main characters , but hey I know of one case where the crock got shamed into giving up his loot .
    Soara2, Wulfgyr and Breanna like this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Two of my accounts were compromised and I had never shared any of my information with anybody, not even my children. But I managed to get both of them back minus most of their claims, all of their non-heirloom items and all of their money. But I did get them back. So it is possible. If you remember who the credit card was issued by, you can contact them, and they will give you the number of the card you had back in the day.
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

My other half's account got hacked, and the person was actually on one night when I was on, so I tracked him down in Kylong Plains. He/she wouldn't talk to me of course but ended up logging out and never came back. In the mean time they had sold off a ton of his stuff and cleared all of his hot bars for some reason.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Wulfgyr like this.
  15. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Sorry for the delay, was a crazy day at work.

Congrats! Our 20th is in two weeks. Still trying to figure out where the time went..... probably all the kids, lol!

Oh wow, that's right - wasn't that like a year after the ezBoard hack destroyed a ton of guild / community sites?

True story: the account I successfully recovered started as my alt in Everquest, when I used to 2-box a Shaman/Ranger. Oldest character was born on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 at 17:02:41

@Schmetterling, the secondary one is already silver (had it since 2003)

That's what I thought too....
    I was able to recover my alternate account with the account name, billing address, and email (they didn't say, but it probably hadn't been changed). However, when the primary account was compromised, the card and email they started using apparently overwrote the original info - and from what the support rep said, they can only accept the email that's on there now, not the info used in the initial registration/creation. *sadfacepanda*

Oh well - as the man says, ""C'est la vie," say the old folks, "it goes to show you never can tell"
  16. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Wow, that's crazy! I wonder if they were using a UI mod that ended up clearing the bars? Nice job tracking them down- I even asked if they could do a roll-back to where I was before the info was changed, but I guess it wasn't possible. :-(
  17. Breanna Well-Known Member

Well the guild roster told me what zone they were in so from there I just had to travel around until I found them LOL. I bet I scared the crap out of them though. It was a bit spooky seeing him on line, I was like honey are you playing right now and he said no, and I said um yes you are. Yea his hot keys were all set up with a bunch of harvesting stuff. All his spells and stuff were gone.

Sounds like your culprit though may have cancelled your account if you can't even find it anymore. Even a 10 year old account should still be there.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It is still there. You might try asking to speak with Senior GM Torchwick, sometimes he can do a bit more than the others can or will. Just reply to your petition again and ask pretty please may I speak with GM Torchwick??? Please, please, please??? Did I say please?
  19. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Thanks Cyrrena! When I did /petition, it sent me to the website. To clarify, that's where I should reach out, right? The CS rep closed the ticket when he declined recovery, so I'll probably have to open a new one. I'll try that next; I also reached out to dreamweaver in DMs. *fingers crossed*
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member