I guess it's time to give up......

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Leloes, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Leloes Well-Known Member

Just like my subject says I guess it is time to give up trying to get into the game and move on. I've got it downloaded and I was able to get in a few time but since then all I get is an error about the launch pad being unable to launch. I have the correct dx and everything but it all seems to be nothing but a waste of time. So my only conclusion is I'm just not meant to play EQ2 again. This makes me very sad but I guess them thars the breaks......:(
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I think today's patch went long today. I couldn't get in at 3 PM Central time.
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Leloes Well-Known Member

I've been having trouble getting in for quite a while now. When I am able to log into the game it only lasts a few minutes and then it crashes back to my desktop.
  4. Spindle Well-Known Member

Without any details it's kinda difficult to help you troubleshoot. Error message, RAM, etc. would help. You've been around long enough to know the drill. I also remember you helping folks out so let folks have an opportunity to help you out, okay? It would be great to see you back in game.
  5. Leloes Well-Known Member

All my specs are good enough to run EQ2. That doesn't seem to be the problem. The problem just seems to be that the launchpad doesn't want to connect to the game. Not sure why but that seems to be the gist of it. I've tried everything I can think of staying logged in seems to be impossible. I'd appreciate any suggestions that might help me check and see if I can get into the game, though. Otherwise I'll have no choice but to just play single player games.o_O
  6. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Are you opening the game as administrator?
    Are you streaming?
    Have you validated files?
    You are certain you have dx9 installed?

There are so many things that could be causing issues.
    I hope you get this fixed. It must be incredibly frustrating :(
    Oh and you can open up a petition and go with tech options, see if maybe cs can help you.
  7. Leloes Well-Known Member

Yes.....Yes.....Yes, I'm positive......I know that's why I'm hoping someone can maybe give me some hints that might alleviate his problem.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Melt Actually plays the game

Could you list your specs? Some things have specific issues with this game.
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  9. Leloes Well-Known Member

Okay, let me see....
    intel core i5 7300 hq cpu @ 2.50 ghz
    16 gb
    64 bit os win 10
  10. parissa Well-Known Member

If you are streaming, I would do the full download might help with the pull in your connection... also I remember something about a program that runs in the background of eq2 that I shut down (awes... something) so it wouldn't take forever to connect or crash me to desktop... not sure if either of those will help... fingers crossed you can get back into game...
    Cyrrena, Xianthia, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  11. Leloes Well-Known Member

I would a full install but the HDD I have isn't big enough to hold it all so I can only stream. As for the other thing. I'm not sure what it is. Hopefully someone else might be able to give some input. Thanks!:D
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  12. Soara2 Well-Known Member

That's exactly why I hate those computers with no hard drive space. I need hard drive space. Maybe try an external hard drive
  13. Finora Well-Known Member

For a awhile there I had the EU version installed on a small external drive so I wouldn't have to wait for everything to re-download when I switched between regions. It worked great.

I never had anything but a bad experience with the streaming client (though I have not tried it in a couple of years now).

Also, the program parissa mentioned above is awesomium process.

Good luck. =(
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

Hi there Leloes. I hope your situation has improved :) Someone was just asking about you the other day. Did you guys finally get internet? I know you said your brother was looking into it. I agree with maybe doing a help ticket or something and see if CS can possibly help you out, you never know.

I hope you are doing well and get back to playing :)
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Xianthia like this.
  15. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

1) You didn't specify size of your HDD. How many gigabytes are there in it? Take flashlight, cross screwdriver and remove system unit cover (if this does not deprive you of guarantee) of your computer. Turn on flashlight and read - its volume should be indicated on the disk. Or simpler - all this can be learned from operating system - open your Windows disk manager (or what’s name of this thing for working with disk partitions?) and see. The full game client currently requires 22.5 Gb of disk space.
    2) Read here how to make free space - https://www.intowindows.com/16-ways-to-free-up-drive-space-in-windows-10/
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I thought of some other possibilities.

1) Has your firewall updated ? My previous firewall would alter settings when it updated.

2) Could your internet providor put you on a metered service without telling you ?
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  17. Leloes Well-Known Member

Yeah, it pretty much sucks having such a small HDD! But I had no choice when I bought it because it was what I could afford. I've been looking at external HDDs but so far I haven't been able to find one I can afford. "Living" on social security really sucks when it comes to buying things like that!:rolleyes:

I know exactly what you mean! Streaming is okay but it does seem to have its faults.:eek:

Hey Breanna.....I'm still living in a travel trailer but otherwise things are looking up. We did finally get the internet but it's through Verizon and I think that may be some of the problem. Before we had AT&T and I never had these type of problems. If things don't get any better I'll look into CS. Thanks!;)
  18. Leloes Well-Known Member

My HDD only has 237 gb on it. Which isn't much compared to other computers I've had. I'll go through and read the article you linked to.

My firewall isn't the problem. I think it's Verizon. I'm currently looking into getting a different provider.
  19. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

237 GB is more than enough. For full client of EQii, 10th part of this is enough (that is, 25 GB if with margin for future). Windows actually requires several times less space than it wants to take. I don't think that Windows requires more space than full client of this game. Thus, more than 187 GB of disk space remains on your disk. If you don't know where to put a lot of important files for you (which, as it turns out, are more than 187 GB), then gradually upload some of them to online storages on Internet. Which you can take for free is much larger in size than the size of your actually large enough disk
  20. Leloes Well-Known Member

Last time I tried to do a full install I quickly ran out of space and had to go to using streaming. Why?:confused: