Prelude : Light Amongst Shadows: The Vault of Omens

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Xianthia, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Xianthia Well-Known Member

[Possible bug]
    When you first enter the instance (solo one) the journal objective changes so that you have to free 6 D.I.R.T.Y. researchers and locate the activated shissar artifact. Once in the zone, you only need to click three trapped researchers to get the six updates.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

I had to click on 6...
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Prox and 3 others like this.
  3. Xianthia Well-Known Member

As it turns out I think it isn't a bug. I was grouped with someone, I'm guessing it was the two updates lumped into one and we only needed to click three times.

/facepalm myself :D
    Xillean, Soara2, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  4. Juraiya Well-Known Member

That still sounds like a bug. I'm betting that wasn't intentional. :)
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Blazen and 1 other person like this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

The behavior Xianthia describes is a very shared update quest behavior.
  6. Kaitheel Developer

About that... there's a change coming with the next hotfix:
    • Light Amongst Shadows: The Vault of Omens - Freed D.I.R.T.Y. researchers now update properly for groups.
    Thank you, Xianthia!

~ Kaitheel
    Xillean, Soara2, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  7. Naramsin Well-Known Member

I entered the solo version and I got all the names on the upper level, and after I killed the 4th named, my chat says a portal opened. The portal to the lower level however is not there so I had to jump with featherfall. I killed the pathing mobs, on the lower level, but no names down there and not way to open the large gate to the tunnel to get to the Shissar artifact. Anyone have any ideas as to how to proceed next?
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Prox Well-Known Member

If you didnt go all the way down to the bottom of the far path . You missed a named . Bring up tracking and you will see another named.
  9. Naramsin Well-Known Member

I have been everywhere I cleared and can find nothing on my tracking currently. if I could somehow open the gate at the lower level, I can proceed though th breezeway beyond, but so far, no cigar
  10. Quillyne Active Member

Did you zone out at any time? I ran into this issue when I zoned out mid-way through...I had to exit, reset the zone, and stay in the zone until finished.
  11. Naramsin Well-Known Member

That might be the problem right there, because I killed the fourth at the top level late last night and logged out from there, so here goes nothing...
  12. Kaitheel Developer

Ah! Chrol and I worked on this issue earlier. Unfortunately, it won't help you this time, but after tomorrow's hotfix the vault door shouldn't close again, if you leave the zone.

~ Kaitheel
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Juraiya and 4 others like this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

what ever happened to the prelude quests that everybody can do or am I mistaken and this one is ?
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Aren't they the ones in Teren's Grasp?
    Soara2, Breanna and Kaitheel like this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea I was again fast to shut of a dumb remark without finding out about all the facts well from what I learned about that quest , I hope it was fixed and yes next time remember there is a place in Norath called the Public Test Server .
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  16. Kaitheel Developer

I am a firm believer in the talent of our dedicated testers, but not all content is appropriate, or would obtain the best outcome, openly tested on the Test Server. Thankfully, that has not been the majority of cases when it comes to Live Events, but it was with this one. Rest assured Test has not been forgotten and can look forward to testing the new NotD content later this month!

~ Kaitheel
    Juraiya, Soara2, Cyrrena and 4 others like this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok boss yes I guess we are good but not to many of us .
    and thanks for talking to this little humble ratonga :cool::)
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I will be back on Test when they get all this medical stuff and adulting stuff sorted out!!!
    Juraiya, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  19. Niniena New Member

Okay, I've cleared all the named mobs except the last one, Eom'Tek'Zen. I get her down to about the 20-ish% of her health, and she resets with her two Servitor buddies. I'm starting to think that there is some sort of puzzle involved with completing this quest, but if there were clues, I've missed them. Can anyone point me in a direction? (Preferably the right one...? :) )

Thanksies!
    Niniena the'Confused
    Soara2 and Schmetterling like this.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I blew through this. Did you clear the other trash in the room first? What class are you? You may need a merc or a second player (in the solo) to kill the end name fast enough if your DPS is low.
    Soara2 likes this.