Deep Chelsith: Vault of Omens - Prelude zone

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tocino the Troubadour, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Tocino the Troubadour Active Member

I wish they made the prelude content so that newly minted 110's could complete it. I just went into this Solo zone to start the new signature quest line, but there's no way to kill the first named. I hammered away at him with full 15 Ascension on my Warlock. I got him into the yellow but it took about 5 minutes before he wiped me. That's with 80,000 potency. I realize I hadn't done any raiding and may not have the best gear, but this is the intro prelude quest. It seems like it ought to be soloable for a newly minted 110 too. At least, I wish it were. There may be some mechanic I don't know about but it's not immediately obvious if there is.
  2. Stibbie Member

Define newly minted? Have you done the Chaos sig line?? What kind of gear are you wearing? What adorns? What level are your spells and ancensions?

If you really mean newly minted as in wearing the beginner armor and jewelry then you really shouldnt be able to solo that zone. There is a method to the madness and you have to put a little work into it.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Raff Well-Known Member

I think "newly minted" might be the problem. I solo'd the zone on my defiler with no issues... except for getting lost, lol.
  4. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

There absolutely should be content for properly geared 110s who have completed the related content.

I say this as someone who still hasn't purchased CD and will probably just content myself with the TLE servers until [Insert witty Luclin name] comes out since we'll probably get a catch-up set like we did with PoP.
  5. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I did it on my harvesting coercer who never groups or raids. He has basic master crafted gear, the runes from the Panda and the ones taken off the free CD gear, as well as a healing merc from PoP that has no clothes. His spells are only expert and his level 15 ascensions are journeyman.
    Soara2 and Blazen like this.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

There was a 'catch up' set in CD as well..
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  7. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I did it ok on my main fury and main sk, ok on an alt sk I just deleted but when I did it on a boosted char, I could not kill names either, even though I put on MC gear like my main fury had and made sure her spells were the same tier, AA set up, etc. I'm not sure you have skills or something if you are newly minted or w/e. Anyway, I don't have it in me to get 580 more lvls come November and don't really see the reason for it, so I just went delete happy tonight. Deleted 17 and will be doing 3 more tomorrow night. I don't need like that many that stink, ya know, I no longer am on Majdul, HoF or Test, only on Skyfire now.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  8. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Also make sure your Merc can cure, you have cure potions and your merc's level and gear should be pretty good. My sk's do better because of Mana sieve spell and siphon strength. And depending on your Ascension class, I ran them all in etherialist. You might be able to get help with it, if you ask in general or you might want to hit up a training dummy in a guild hall. Cure cure is the game atm. Also do you mean 80k potency outside of that zone or inside? Also had MC gear on to try this zone. Tbh I wouldn't try in less
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  9. veredeth New Member

While i found the killing the named tedious with my boosted Troub ( was a former TLE toon that got transfered to AB) I was able to do the dungeon with the fury merc from withered lands. I had one death the whole run, mind yu if my gear had been better it would have been faster, but it is doable with fresh boosted toon. ( I was only 40k potency and 1100 resolve)
  10. Soara2 Well-Known Member

That is good to know, because I am keeping one boosted character instead of that alt sk I had due to the tradeskills they had.
    Cyrrena, Xianthia and Breanna like this.
  11. Jaeded Well-Known Member

I did it on my bruiser & zhug (my faithful merc) with only the CD box gear and mostly journeyman spells.
    Well OK to be honest after the second named was down I crafted some 60 resolve gear and upgraded a few spells. Could I have completed the zone without doing so, yes, but omg it would have taken forever.
  12. Dallan New Member

I solo ran it with my alts at about 55k pot and a healer merc. What I want to know is the secret of how you have 80k pot on a newly minted character! Please tell me the secret!!!
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Xianthia like this.
  13. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I thought and wondered the same thing. It dawned on me that newly minted doesn't necessarily mean new to game.
    More than likely access to unlocked gear plus other items from a "main".
    /waits for answer from OP.
  14. Snicketysnack New Member

I had the same problem on a couple of characters I ran through and asked guildies for help, but then I figured it out. Most of the bosses here cast a power drain debuff on you and your merc, either arcane or toxic. Get these off you ASAP. If you don't have a cure or a merc that will cure quickly, bring a bunch of potions or clicky arcane and toxic cures.
    Also many mobs in the zone detarget, especially the Akhevan bosses. These will also not allow tab retargets.
    Once I figured this out, made sure I kept curing the debuffs as soon as I saw them and retargeted often, I didn't have any problems getting through the zone. Still took about an hour, avoiding the unnecessary encounters.
    And a healer merc was a good recommendation. I played a fury and handled my own cures, but used Firiona Vie, free merc from PoK, who kept me healed and took agro the first part of most fights.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Equipment
    At level 110, I would suggest zoning into Myrist, the Great Library. There, right next to the registrar's desk, is Tishan's Lockbox, which holds a complete equipment set. The pieces have adorns, but you won't see them until you have the item in inventory. You will probably want to nab 7 helmets (pretty sure it's helmets!) and use the Adornment Reclamation ability (available from your class trainer) to peel the Potency adorns out of them, then discard the excess helms.

Before you start redistributing adornments, travel to Sundered Frontier and talk to Yun Zi and do all his Travels of Yun Zi quests, then over to the left of Yun Zi's area visit Mei Lan and do her quests. This unlocks the ability to buy (for zero copper) all the stuff Pas Yu carries (he's next to Yun Zi). Evaluate the armor and gear vs. what you got from Tishan's Lockbox. You definitely want the best white adorns (at 110, that's probably the better Tol'Ren set) and he's got your cyan adorns for your weapons. Once you have done these quests on one toon, all your alts have access and don't need to repeat the quests.

So, figure out what your best gear is, adorn it fully, and equip it. You may want to Reforge some stats, but this will get you the best free 110 gear.

Mercenary
    I would highly recommend taking at least a healer mercenary with you into the zone. A second player can help as well. You can hire mercenaries in any of the cities. Some mercenaries can be obtained "in the wild" or you can purchase their hiring token on the broker (search for "Mercenary"). You won't be able to get to the Blood of Luclin mercs easily until you have done the BoL signature questline (so you can fly), and you won't be able to reach the mercs in Plane of Power's Coliseum of Valor without first doing the PoP signature quest line. There are at least three mercenaries in Myrist, so if you can zone into the Library, you can hire one of those if you wish.

Detriments
    From level 110 up, it seems like everything you fight casts some detriment which sucks out all of your power at once. I recommend carrying a stack of Overclocked Manastones, and also potions to cure elemental, noxious, trauma, and arcane. Make sure these are all on a hotbar somewhere. Cure detriments as soon as you see them (assuming your healer/healer merc doesn't).

Fount of Power Buff
    When you set foot in Vault of Omens, you should automatically get the Fount of Power buff (the icon is kind of a green man looking thing). They were supposed to have fixed this back in January so that the buff appears even if you didn't do the preceding expansions' signature quest lines. If you don't have that buff, you are gonna have an impossible time, and should report that as a bug.