How do I make it so the arrows above a mobs name always show?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by DigitalWino, Sep 8, 2019.

1. DigitalWino New Member

I played for a long time way back in the day starting with the beta. As I remember it, there are two days of displaying mob date. The "fancy" way that shows them with different kinds of borders based on their strength, and the "simple" way that displays the arrows above their names. Right now the only time I see the arrows is if I target them, and it only shows it in my target window. How do I change this?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Ephras Active Member

Options
    User Interface
    Name and Chat Bubble
    NPC Overhead Quest Icons for Outleveled Quest = ON
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. DigitalWino New Member

This is good to know about, but not what I'm asking about. I'm not talking about the quest icon. I'm talking about the up or down arrows that will appear above a mobs name to let you know how tough it is. Currently the only way to see it is to target the mob, then look at my target window. It used to be that you could change it so that they always appeared over their heads. This is what I'm trying to figure out how to do.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Hmm... I know on the EQ side you could considor a mob, and the clot would let you know how tough it is.

In EQ II, I can click on a mob, and it shows color and mob's level.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

I don't think there is a way of doing it other than to target the mob, like how you are. At least if there is I didn't see it when I scrolled through to check.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

clot means color. red bad, gray no xp. etc.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. DigitalWino New Member

I FIGURED IT OUT!! If you go into Options>User Interface>Name and Chat Bubble, click on Advanced in the upper right corner, then one of the options that appears is NPC Evaluation. If it you switch it to "Detailed (Arrows)" then the arrows are always there! I knew there was a way to do it. It is MUCH easier to see how tough things are that way.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  8. Breanna Well-Known Member

Nice! Glad you figured it out, and I'll keep that in mind for if I want to do it or not.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Interesting. I'll look into that.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

Yes, I have never liked the newer bracket things. The arrows are so much simpler.
    Cyrrena, DigitalWino and Breanna like this.
  11. DigitalWino New Member

Finora, it was actually one of your archived posts from 2008 that helped me find it >.< The big thing getting in my way was that it was hidden behind the advanced options. I mean I haven't played in many years, but I don't remember it being hidden like that before. I was worried that they took it out, lol.
    Finora, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

Nice! =) Glad past me could help you out there! lol
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.