Mercenaries in 2019

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Simmadown, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Simmadown New Member

Hello,

I have not played EQ2 since Vox was still a server and I have heard lots from people in-game regarding the Mercenaries feature that was added to the game. Is this still something that is obtainable, or have I been gone too long and missed the boat? It looks like I have no options to purchase or speak with any of these mercenaries in game as is. Thanks in advance!
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Soara2 Well-Known Member

You can get them by buying the expansion. It will be included, or under features in marketplace, so ten bucks to have just mercs or 17 something to have the whole enchilada, or you can wait for new expansion and spend 35 to get mercs and the expansion!
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Simmadown New Member

So by purchasing the newest expansion from the shop, I will have access to mercenaries via the marketplace?
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Buying the standard expac version for Chaos Descending, I got Mercs. No need to buy Mercs add-on in Marketplace.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

DO check the Mercenary Stat Comparisons page on the wiki. You'd think that mercs from the marketplace or the newer content would be somehow better, but not so much. Check the stats vs. easier/cheaper to obtain mercs before you invest in "the latest and greatest".
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Most of mine are the guy standing outside the for hire building in Qeynos. Mr. Proudhilt.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Soara2 Well-Known Member

You can buy merc feature on marketplace, or the expansion on this website that will let you buy mercs in game. Either one will do that. As far as the special mercenaries SOLD on marketplace, you still have to have the feature to be able to buy it in game. So, you buy a fancy merc, you redeem it, looks like a coin, then you have to go find it and buy it in game, without the feature, you will not be able to do that. Just clarifying. So you have to get mercenary FEATURE or the expansion, or the next expansion.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.