[Wish List] City Festivals & Moonlight Enchantments

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cyliena, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, absolutely; I've built solids before using the various Watery Tiles (so glad we finally got those in plain squares! Now all we need are Stairs... ;->), but sometimes the issue there is that they're "solid," as in, can't go through it. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not so much, depending on what you need. Me, I like the ones you can "fall through" for things like "full" bathtubs and whatnot, though I'd dearly love Watery Stairs; it's such a PitA trying to make a spiral staircase out of Tiles. :-/

If I need a situation like for an aquarium, where it's solid-solid-solid-walk through (because maintenance has to be able to access the tank)-solid-etc., I'll often use the various Vampiric Mirrors. I don't mind the frames. ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  2. Lera Well-Known Member

I am not a Frostfell elf!
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm in a guild with her... :D

You should see the jokes in the Magic Mouths. ;->

Uwk
    Juraiya and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Mirt Well-Known Member

Please give us full building block sets for all of the tiles in the MEs.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Mirt Well-Known Member

It would be great to have the pale marble tiles in other colors such as yellow, orange, red, blue, green, etc.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  6. elflover Well-Known Member

And/or more building blocks to go with the pale marble that we have.

Also while doing the kelethin timeline there's a quest for the grender, when you go in the cave there is wall fungus that look like the spice bracket fungus but are teal and pink would be more variety of that would be nice too.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Another suggestion for the building block sets for the City Festivals, Moonlight Grottoes, and heck, Marketplaces (which could also use the full sets, including Triangle "Tiles" [blocks, really...]), as well as Carpenter recipe books in general:

Square cross-section columns! In Short and Tall versions, since there's only so much you can do with Half Blocks. You have to use Pitch to stand them up vertically, and they may or may not get as small or as large as you need, or scale as well. :-/

There are some square columns in-game, but they're not nearly as generically applicable or useful as the regular building block sets would be, especially things like Marble, and even some of the grain-less (i.e., not looking like wood) stuff from the Moonlight Grottoes would be fine for that. :)

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have a girl in my Kaladim guild named Elyse that is in that guild with both of you, she said her name is Elyse there as well.

Another building block I have been thinking about for some reason a lot lately has been like cones or conical shapes, or the shapes like in Middle Eastern Architecture on top of building or even in Russian Architecture, they use those shapes that look like the ice cream on a cone from Dairy Queen.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, the onion domes! Yeah, Jerry did like 3 of those in the Player's Studio; they might still be available. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I will have to have a look see. I was looking at my house in Maj'Dul that I was able to buy after finishing the Peacock Club timeline years ago, it sits basically empty and those shapes kept coming into my head.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

New Halas city festivals should sell a dragon head mount like the ones on the medieval stave churches in Scandinavia. I'd make 'em so they could be wall mounted, or floor mounted. Here are some examples:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Was that because they'd frequently beach the longboats and make them into buildings in a permanent location? It always struck me that a lot of their early architecture (or perhaps ship-building techniques, vice versa) was influenced by that. :)

If not dragon heads, then maybe the horse heads that figure prominently in New Halas architecture? :)

Uwk
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

No, the ship prows were a pre-Christian thing. It was Bad Form to sail up to land at a friendly settlement because the dragon prows were thought to frighten away the friendly landspirits.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, definitely. I just figure the first wooden Christian buildings they did had the dragon prows on them still as a symbol, perhaps, of Christianity "defeating" the old bad things, like a lot of the Christian churches built in the British Isles over old sacred spots; there was a lot of iconography along those lines there.

Uwk
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Those building are gorgeous!!!
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely! :D

Uwk
  17. Breanna Well-Known Member

I know I wish I had half the creativity some of you people have. I watch a lot of these video's in amazement.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I do as well Breanna. I have the pictures in my head but they never seem to come out of my head into Norrath.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Quite often, it's due to a lack of "parts," as it were...hence, the Wish Lists! :D

Uwk
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And now for something completely different -- well, maybe not, but getting out the Dead Horse Beater again...

Square cross-section plain columns (like the plain round columns, only square). Short ones! Tall ones! Ones for all the Marbles and Woods and Ices of the City Festivals and Marketplace! :D

Also, a couple of new recipes (Short Square Column, Tall Square Column) per tier for the Carpy recipes! :)

There! Not buried any longer in other posts. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.