Cannibalize Astral-Gloom Hardened Gear

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by AvenElonis, Sep 7, 2019.

1. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

So I leveled the Gauntlets to Level 5. Decided I wanted the Bracers instead. Did an Examine and got an option to "Cannibalize this item and return my Astral-Gloom-Hardened Shards". I clicked this, Gauntlets went to level 1 and no Shards were returned to me ?

What am I missing here ? Anyway to fix this (and yes I put in a bug report) ?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Did you check to see if you had a partial stack somewhere else? Perhaps the cannibalized ones got added to an existing stack?
    That happened to me once.
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  3. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Had 0 Shards left in my bags before the Cannibalizing, and 0 shards after.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Status: 9/7/2019 19:34 PDT - We are currently investigating a potential issue with server: Maj'Dul

I can only hope this about to be fixed LOL.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Cannibalizing planar lv 5 items should not work.

If you have the accountflag for 3 leveled items you will get back an unleveled item and ZERO shards - because they did not cost any shards
  6. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

I had just leveled my 3rd piece, got the flag for all accounts. The 3rd piece was the Gauntlets. So I had just spend 270 coins for 270 shards to level it. (This is my main account). Then I decided oh I wanted the Bracers instead.

I was not doing this on alt. But I get what you are saying, if I had gotten a "free upgrade" piece on an alt and cannibalized it, I would not expect to get shards back.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Now that you've unlocked 3, you don't NEED shards any more. Get a different armor piece, examine it in your inventory and it will level.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

That is how it suppose to work. I had leveled the 3rd piece, got the message of the unlock. But in this case, I cannibalized the 3rd piece, so now I only have 2 fully leveled pieces and still need a 3rd to get the unlock.

And yes I had examined the 3rd piece to see if I could "relevel" it due to the unlock, and it is telling me I have to level a 3rd piece to get the unlock.

I think this is a bug and the intent was to get your shards back on the first 3 pieces, in case you wanted to change. But because this was the 3rd piece - it would appear I lost 270 shards.

BTW - I do appreciate the messages and all.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I have heard that you don't actually get shards back in inventory, but that it counts them if you try to level the new piece/
    Breanna likes this.
  10. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Sigh, ok I was able to re-level the 3rd piece to 5, but right clicking and examining. No shards in inventory. Thanks all for the help. Hopefully this discussion will be of use to others.
    Breanna likes this.