Is worth to back in the game ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Baarak, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Baarak New Member

Hey i have not played this game for a long time, so i would like to know if the game have changed or its always the same thing, i stop EQ2 after ToV, i just have few question...

So a subs is always required to be able to enter the old recycled Zone (fabled) ?

How going the lower level content ? Thats always the same thing, PL to the max level to be able to find a group ? or its possible to have fun when leveling ?

How are the questing zone now ? are they interesting (like in the past) or its just a bunch of boring quest to be able to get a mount or a gear ?

How are the heroic zone there is quest and thing to do or its just a lot of named farming to be able to increase gear and stat ?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

they added a ton of stuff to the game like armor for your mercenary and mounts you can also level up an extra class or more at least I think so so you need those new powers like resolve and thilthee can't spell that and lots of potency.
    People complain , but they always do .
    We also have now TLE servers that means this servers are locked at a level for a period of time the resent one is half way through DoF . and we got a season PvP server , that means it's up for 3 months each time and at the end your toons will be wiped , and it's everybody against everybody .
    But I think other people should fill you in on the details for the regular servers , because I have been playing almost entirely
    on the TLE servers since they came out . and yes the special servers require a membership.
    Next expansion the regular servers will have a level cap of 120 .
    And there is a write up about all those changes when you log on there is a link so you can get it from the professionals.
  3. Denon Active Member

I would also say TLE server is the way to go for a returning player.
    On the live ( normal ) servers there is an incredible gap between what you can work your way up to by your self and the content that people are currently grouping for, and you will have a tough time getting groups for zones with lower resolve requirements that you will be able to get into.

Basically you will find that 'Resolve' is a real roadblock on the live servers that prevent returning players from grouping with any current content. You will also find it tough getting Ferver above 100 without help on some content from previous expansions.

Luckily TLE servers are still set back to a time before Resolve and Fervor.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea and not even those baubles they give you help or simply buying a upgrade to now level 110.
    on the regular servers are now in the millions .
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  5. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Do not play on TLE if you really want to play the game. It has less content and it will die out after several expansion as every TLE server did.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Pixistik like this.
  6. Leed Active Member

I started replaying EQ1 on its anniversary event, and like you I had to choose between TLE (time locked) or regular servers. Ultimately what it comes down to is what you want to do. Do you want to go to places and see zones you've seen before, do the quests you remember doing before, eg relive the past and then move on once you are done OR do you want to see new zones, new mobs, figure out new encounters and new quests that you have not done before. I know for me I wanted to see new stuff, so I went with a regular server (I picked the most populated because of course that's what people do). I made the right decision for me - I can even go back and see old zones if I want to on a regular server - but I've found for the most part I don't feel the need. I'm forging ahead exploring stuff that came after I left the game, and learning new stuff.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Dude like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

oops was going to say hit points are in the millions on regular servers
    And there are level locked Guilds on almost all regular serves you can find a guild that matches your needs through the forum
    unless your still in a guild . I have heard of plenty of people who coughed up with the end game folks.
    there are also more useful tips on the forum for returning players, you just have to dig around a little , or a helpful player will like you some , sorry I am a little behind with how to do that .
    I have been let to belief that crafted gear is really good to tie you over till you can get something better .
    I think you could take a look into the tips for new players there is also some information for returning players in
    there .
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  8. Denon Active Member

If the intent is to solo new content then I agree with regular server. I did enjoy this latest expansions solo content.
    Those guides are pretty good about getting you setup for the latest solo content.

However, if you want to group the latest content ... You will need to get Fervor up above 100!!
    So If anyone knows of any guides or tips on how someone can come back from a time before fervor and accomplish that... please post a linky here because I have never seen it and have no clue on how anyone can do that in the current state of the game.
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

No I think he wanted to know if there are still people playing in lower levels and if leveling up is any fun or just a grind, well Kunark ascending was for sure a grind fest and boring as can be, but that's some time in the past and the Devs came up with ways around that .
    And he wanted to know if the zones are interesting.
    I am wondering why he never said another thing after his first post ? hmm
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  10. Soara2 Well-Known Member

1. Sub is not required for old zones but access quests might be.
    2. If you can find people your level, you can group. You can ask in general but yeah most will get to max level to group.
    3. The quests I find interesting but not the 10th character I do. After a few it is tedious. Don't be greedy for alts and you will be fine.
    4. Can't answer this one. I don't do heroics anymore. See number 3. Lol
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  11. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Do prelude. Mine is 102 without trying to raise it. Just finished
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  12. Melt Actually plays the game

Hey, one I can do!

Some easy sources of fervor are adornments. Deity points at 100 (from heroics unfortunately, you get it to 85 for free) is 46.5 fervor. Ascension form at celestial tier (also heroic, but can get it to ancient for free) is either like 6 fervor or 11 for the celestial. You can get the Rune of Witness for free from the merchant for another 11 fervor. Some classes get fervor buffs. The panda adorns can give you 4. Heartbinding is 30 fervor. Rune of mysteries is 55 for the heroic version and 70 for the raid version. My templar currently sits at 300 fervor exactly, plus 35 from the rune of torment in combat. Also 35 fervor from the rune in Kael (just coins and status) and 15 fervor from green adornments.

The ones that can be obtained solo:
    Class fervor buffs (0-22)
    Green Adorns: 15
    Heartbound: 30
    Rune of Witness:11
    Panda white adorns: 4
    Kael blue adornment: 35
    Deity points: 40ish

So solo with all of those steps you should be able to get between 145 and 167 fervor. Hopefully this helps!

Oh, and I forgot, the ethereal rune from previous years is free. That's another 10 fervor. You buy that one off of the ethereal merchant in the library.
    Pixistik, Rozyn, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  13. Denon Active Member

Snikkety - that's the most information I have seen about this. Thank you. I am a returning player and have struggled with this. The main thing I missed is the Kael Blue adorns and Deity - I will need to look into that. I am close to 100 but that's 75 points I missed and did not know how to get and there is very little information about that posted.
    Pixistik, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If you look down towards the bottom of the forums at the Guild Recruiting Forum, you will find some of the Level Locked Progression Guilds on Live Servers. If you ultimately want to do end game content with a group on a live server, I would look into these guilds, perhaps make a toss away character on the servers they are on and talk to them, find one you like and then create a character or two on that server.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I am wondering if Baarak created this thread to get people to share all this information , because like I said earlier he has not posted any more besides the first one .
    Juraiya, Blazen, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  16. Melt Actually plays the game

Who cares? It's information that should be out there, so if we're the ones to post it then whatever.
    Cyrrena, Pixistik, Rozyn and 3 others like this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

just my point it's good he made the tread. Might be already gave up on playing again , he should have waited till all this good info came on in .
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  18. Thatdarncat Active Member

Yes, but then you just move to the next TLE server that comes up and start again. Always a new crowd just waiting for a fresh start. Depends if you want to see the new content or not. If you do then, yes, TLE is not the way to go.
    Soara2 likes this.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

all TLE servers are marched into regular ones when the next TLE server opens , because everybody leaves the old one like rats a sinking ship , the last one got up to Great divide so you would have been high enough to go from there
    But all that does not matter anyway if you still have a toon from before you took your long break , because now we are back into what the questions where to begin with , is it fun to level up your old toon and how tedious is it .
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  20. Melt Actually plays the game

Inspired by this post, I'm currently working on a guide that I'm hoping will help out some returning players. Stay tuned, it's gonna be a big boy.
    Soara2, Juraiya, Wulfgyr and 3 others like this.