Everfrost: go from island to big land ?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Geroblue, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

The flame-branded hamadan has a flying speed. But it just seems to hover.

Okay, I'll try it elsewhere.

The jet pack from Tinkerfest lets me glide down off cliffs, etc.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, 'cause if memory serves, the jetpack has a parachute quality to it? :-/

Either that (can't recall at the moment, and only got it on one toon [my Tony Stark/Iron Wizard toon; it goes so well with his Tinkered Backpack when it isn't visible as a mount ;->], or like most Leapers, even if you didn't Leap from Point A but rather walked off the cliff, for example, you'll still land gently at Point B. ;->

Uwk
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yeah, the jet pack does glide like those new wings people are wearing when they jump off cliffs... Brrr.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If you watch the sharks, most of the time, they will path right and left of the dock, and dive deep, jump and swim for your life to the small island straight in front of the dock, the one that sits between the dock and the mainland. Once you reach that its smooth swimming, the sharks do not swim between that island and the mainland. You can fish from that small island, there are tombstones on it that have quests, there are some pages on it that are collectibles. Then you swim over to the mainland, there is usually a page right by the campfire that is a collectible, there is a quest giver right near the edge of the trench and you can either take the horse to another location on the mainland or run down the trench to the Pioneers outpost which has more quests, no aggro in the trench, lots of harvesting. Leave the Pioneers outpost and continue down the trench, still harvesting, a couple of shinies, no aggro, until the trench opens up at the end with all the wolves, there you need to be careful because there are two groups of 3 wolves that have an Alpha in them which are aggro, if you stay up close to the mountain, you can avoid them, and go through the pass and come out onto the main area where the monitor lizards and such are, here you will have aggro. Avoid killing the Valkryrie type ladies at all cost, you do not want them to become aggro to you it makes your journeys in Everfrost a nightmare.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Printed to pdf, and thanks !
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  6. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Want to see what these fingerling are capable of? See if Dreadwake is swimming among the sharks. If so, talk to Seth McMannus (195, -19, 108) on this island (if you have already taken this quest from him and he is there, then cancel and take it again). And I hope you have strong nerves. As for the Valkyries, I recommend completing the quest "Peace with the Valkyries" (https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Peace_with_the_Valkyries). And then you may well allow yourself to make one or two of them angry (or do not forget to make peace with them all if you accidentally slam one or two)
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Took a 40th level character to Everfrost. Went fine, until some big cat Bloodthirsty something. Killed the merc and then my character. It was 46th. Yellow.

So, went back to Qeynos and found a repair guy. Go to Ateamfont and get up a few levels before I go back to Everfrost with that character.

Ah: Bloodthirsty Leopard

Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

There's a repair guy on the dock in Everfrost. Saves hiking all the way across Norrath.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

It was just easier to go back to Qeynos.
    Cyrrena likes this.