Unable to finish To Speak as a Dragon

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by lYRIA, Aug 30, 2019.

1. lYRIA New Member

Hi I just came back and made a new account , started doing the Dragon Language quest but im unable to finish it since the path to level 3 in OBelisk of Lost Souls on Thurgadin is full of clipping issues im unable to get to the last 2 runes down there.

Could you guys fix this please ? Im locked out of a lot of content otherwise.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

Huh you don't mention which server you are on, but I was just down there last weekend doing knights of the round and I had no problems. I'm on Maj'Dul.
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

*whispers to Breanna*

OP mentioned Thurgadin in second line.
    Kittybock, Dude, Soara2 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

LOL OMG it must be my CRS kicking in. I see that now that you whispered that in my ear.
    Kittybock, Dude, Xianthia and 3 others like this.
  5. Ragna Well-Known Member

What kind of clipping problem do you have ? You fall through the floor ? (if you haven't done it yet, switch to full download rather than *streaming") You can't interact with some switches ? (a bunch of them are just for deco.) Something else ?
    Dude, Xianthia, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  6. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

During walkthrough of this quest, I came across a imperfection or oversight of devs. It's Solusek's Eye level 6 (https://maps.eq2interface.com/map.php?zone_id=201) Below, among lava there is an island, on it's something like a tower of a Gnomish building. It's simply an illusion through which toon goes through - there is no stable surface. This is a death trap for those who decide to explore this place
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

[bug]
    It seems that I was here in this place, very similar - https://s347myt.storage.yandex.net/...W0F5-gguXbYa0OJaG9ni4wMe22YSZI8R2nEt90JlrPCUI . Looks as like you are going through fog. The case when curiosity costs life and you can do nothing. I say to make it clearer - this is the bug that would not hurt to fix someday..
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

That's the gnomish drill machine that made the huge shaft that goes through the middle of the zone. It's not an oversight. That area of the zone is not meant to be traversed. Falling or jumping off the glass walkways is meant to be a death and a trip back to the beginning of the zone, regardless of where you land down there. The whole bottom of the zone is a falling hazard. This was also from back in the day where feather fall wasn't a widespread thing, if it even existed, and lava was insta-death. If it had been solid you'd have left an irretrievable soul shard down there.
    Soara2, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  9. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Thank you MightyMeaghan, I felt that it was so, therefore I wrote that it was a death trap. And yet I see this as a bug, because in another case it’s a lie or a mirage, as you like. This gnomish drill has not yet melted. Common sense suggests that you can stand on it. Therefore, these deaths should be deleted from statistics. And yes, I also feel that I left him there (the soul shard) :(
    Soara2 likes this.