New Hunter quest

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Schmetterling, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

with this maintenance we will get our new hunter quest for DoF.
    I hope the old one still sells his goods though .
    And some instances will drop a new fabled mount .
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the new quest giver can be found in front of Shimmering Castle Stinging isle.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Blaupunkt Active Member

your really going to grind 50 or whatever is it tokens for that crappy reward? lol
  4. Tobias Fünke Member

Maybe I'm in the minority but unlike the t5 Hunter's quest, these items don't seem like they're worth the effort, at least for my class. The procs are not interesting or fun and it feels like very little time was spent on them. I'm disappointed, because I was hoping this would help keep interest from waning over the long period of time we have to wait for KoS. I don't think this quest or these items is going to do it and I'm worried about what will be left on the server in 10 weeks.
  5. Blaupunkt Active Member

well you can always solo the instances to try and get that new pony!
  6. Jandraligeli Member

Hunter quest is terribly implemented once more.

+ The coins aren't heirloom, breaking from the earlier established quest in the Shattered Lands. This wouldn't be a massive issue but it relies on the items being beneficial for all the classes.

+ The items aren't desirable for each of the archtypes. Fighters and scouts won't feel engaged enough to run the content and so groups aren't forming.

+ Gating an update behind a faction accessed zone is just a time sink to smoke and mirrors the lack of mid content

+ Several classes can simply solo updates, again less groups and the server suffers.

People that quit TLE in between expansions don't come back in the next expansion is my experience. Is this is the care and resources you're prepared to commit to mid content of an expansion already bare bones for 4 months?
    Kalika likes this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

and it appears that the update in Shimmering Citadel does not work either.
    the mount is nice though you get a choice from 3 versions.
    Sunlei and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Kalika Well-Known Member

We don t even know what are the targets, i found one in this grey instance inside Rujark, the snake charmer there does not update for the " snake" and the snake boss in Sanctorium neither. One instance name is specified but i don' t know where it is, according to some comment it may be related to one of the Majdul faction and hence non available to character on a different faction. If this quest is rotating we may be able to do the quest only once over 3 if |I assume that the quest rotate between the 3 factions (each faction provide access to a specific instance).

Even for my mage and priest the items are not good enough to give me the incentive to run the quest 15 times. There are potency and casting speed but why would i bother for 0.5% more pot and 2% casting speed ?
  9. Tobias Fünke Member

The snake is That Which Relentlessly Waits in Roost. I did all of them except the SC named because it's broken. Deleted and doing the next one for fun. Doubt I'm going to keep farming it.
    Cyrrena and Kalika like this.
  10. Kalika Well-Known Member

I just died the one in rujark 50 instance since i heard that Shim Citadel named were not updating. Which of the court instance was required, can someone with faction zone you in ?

People also mentioned a new mount but i just saw 2 jewelry types and no mount + the usual training dummy.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The mount is confirmed. The leader of Dash discovered it yesterday, got the discovery for the box and then chose one of the three and got the discovery for that as well.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Venser Active Member

I'd hope after discoing the box any item inside would be a disco too... lol :p
  13. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

The items from the hunter's rewards are pretty terrible. I would even say it's pointless to even bother with this at the moment.

Neither provide any kind of relevant buff to my character power, and i'm not going to bother grinding out a questline just to get 2% reuse.

If mobs actually lived for a long period of time maybe I would care about these rewards. But as it currently stands, i'd rather take ability mod in pretty much every zone except for PPR because no matter if I had capped reuse I couldn't cast my spells twice on an encounter.

Not to mention the shoulders are worthless because the cloud mount timeline (solo questline btw, reported btw) is best in slot and requires 7 pieces to get the bonus.

At this point anyone interested in doing hunters will gain more character power by doing the tier 5 version ( I also pointed out that the last tier rewards were better) and then just logging out until KoS.

Yes, you actually get better rewards from doing grey content, than running current tier content. It makes perfect sense.

I've already pointed this out on the official discord, the answer was basically; if you don't like it, too bad.

Such a shame, you can't say I haven't tried for years at this point to get things working for TLE.
  14. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I'm also amused that the raid mount actually has worse stats than the heroic dropping mount. I'm also amused that DMP loot is still about as good if not worse than loot from an instance you can solo.
  15. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Read this, and my post. Developers, please. No one enjoys this content. You can read literally any thread here and see that very thing being echoed by everyone. Check how many people log in daily.

I @'d you dreamweaver in another thread after you came in to close it down/delete posts, to ask the devs our questions, you came back with nothing.
    Kalika likes this.
  16. Kalika Well-Known Member

On day 1 you needed monk faction for one instance and Shim Citadel mobs were not updating, on day 2 you had to place the statues in Poet Palace (for me it s detrimental)., on day 3 it s better we get HC and Cazel but we need two contested and not all contested have a feather; as example for day 2 i had to kill one elite mob in silent city and the dude that drop the summoner-caducea had no feather, had to kill Aeonesse and his hord of snakes.

So 4 zones among which two are contested ......

Please update the rewards, i won t run 15 quest just for +2 stamina and +2 main stat and may be 2% reuse.
  17. Jandraligeli Member

We've seen this again and again. I don't believe it's down to a lack of understanding or resources not being available.

I think now it's simply stubbornness, developers not able to admit that new content on live isn't going to turn around the fortune of the game they've tanked. But unwilling to caretaker these TLE servers with any grace. Despite their role in supporting the company they also work for.

Why are they popular at launch but see huge nose dives in population. Poorly managed and timely updates. Everytime, what's been the common thread over the previous half dozen attempts. Itemisation and difficulty, both of which are finesse issues not a huge mission. But the developers must just feel above all of that so nothing gets done.

Prove me wrong folks, I don't believe you can.
    Kalika likes this.
  18. Kalika Well-Known Member

Yes i don't understand their strategy, live mechanics are so messy and recquirements so extensive that it is impossible to fix without massive change and rollback.

In comparaison the effot to keep one or several TLE healthy would be very small, the itemissation and the difficulty setting are all there in some old databases.

The example of the DoF hunter quest is striking, they had to design only 2 items and a few simplistic quests. They failed on both side. The total amout of develloper time to set up the hunter correctly (in a proper dev environment) is likely to be lesser than 1 hour.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

just read maintenance updates , there will be more named's in Shimmering Citadel.
    and I reflected at this whole Ash faction thing and figured ,people were complaining about not having anything to do
    well grinding on faction will give you something to do o_O.
    Well at least if you finish this quest line you get a nice title the " Ebon Dragon "

and I seam to remember that when we first got the hunter quests for Kunark , the armor reward was at least for
    class specific . so what ever class you got would give you the stats you need .
    It looks like less and less attention is put into TLE servers , but maybe the same is true for the regular servers ,I would not know.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  20. Tobias Fünke Member

I find it odd that Sergeant Dozer in Silent City doesn't count for the quest. Had to go all the way to Spiregaze to get an update.

And the Ringleader isn't up in Cache every time so you need to go in and out of the instance until you get one that has him.

Is there a point to that?
    Cyrrena likes this.