Test Server Guide Events

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Elyshka, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Kasa Well-Known Member

My hubby and I want to thank you Elyshka for spending your precious time during the Holiday handing out quests on the Test server!
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The link isn't working? :-/

Uwk
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  3. Elyshka Senior Guide

Well, that's a bummer. Silly goblins must be fiddling in things which ought not to be meddled with. Let's try this one, which includes a visit from Rargnir happening in just a minute or so now, and don't miss Otuno, who will be visiting with you all tomorrow.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That worked! :D

Uwk
  5. Elyshka Senior Guide

Hey gang! I hope you're all doing well and are excited about the upcoming holiday weekend -- what goodies are we gonna get?! Well, I know about as much as you do, but I've always been a halfling ready to hedge her bets on the off-chance that it's something worth /scheme-ing about.

As I will be away from home next weekend (and my beloved computer as a result), I'm stirring up some sleeping friends over the next several days in anticipation. My question for you is this: Is it easier if my friends all come see you on one specific day spread over the course of a few hours or if they come one-by-one on different days? Also, when are they most likely to run across folks with a few minutes on their hands to come out and pick up their (non-repeatable but oh-so-craveable status) quests?

Looking forward to hearing your responses so I can formulate a game plan!

Ely "the Belly" Woggiefoot
    Mistress of the Titanium Spork and Pie Wrangler
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ooh, tough call. I know there are probably just as many folks that would prefer all in one day as well as those who'd like it spread out, simply because there are those who wouldn't be able to make that all-in-one day, but on the other hand, might miss out on the one day in the several when the guide event they really need would be up... :-/

Uwk
  7. Elyshka Senior Guide

Exactly, hence my post. :D

Basically, if you (the collective, not just you in particular, Uwk *winks*) still need to pick up the quest(s) that everyone asks about all the time, please reply here with what works best for you and I'll go with majority rules as usual. Of course, if no one pipes up and says boo diddly, well, you're subject to mischievous halfling timings. *grins*

May the odds be ever in your favor!
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea but having it spread out does not guarantee that you get that one quest you really would like to get , if it's not on the right day for you . so either way you can win or lose out .
  9. Elyshka Senior Guide

This is also true, but it's why I'm asking folks to speak up and ask for what works best for them so that I can reach as many people as possible. There's never any harm in asking for specific quests or letting us know when is a good time to run events for your server. We cannot always guarantee that we'll be able to meet every request, but we do try whenever possible, and these special requests often help us get a feel for the most heavily populated times for servers.

An example of such a message would be, "I've already helped Naylie, but I haven't explored Thalumbra or the Celestial Realms. I usually play on weekdays after dinner, around 8 pm PDT." or "I want to battle with giants in Kael, but I only get to play at the weekend in the afternoon BST."

If I don't hear anything by early tomorrow afternoon PST, I'll just go ahead and post a schedule for this week and hope that everyone can come out. As always, if I miss the mark and you cannot attend this time around, this isn't the last time that my friends will come calling. :)
    Soara2, Rosyposy, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

hugs ,:) and we will come if we can and we don't forget
  11. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I'm off Saturdays and Sundays. If they are during primetime, say after 6 pm cst, would be able during the week. I think I need Newsies still on my new SKS. Thanks
  12. Elyshka Senior Guide

Forewarned is, like, four arms... or something like that!

To prepare for any potential double status* goodness on the upcoming holiday weekend (/em crosses toes), a few friends will be dropping by during the evenings this week, so please be sure to come see them if you're looking for an adventure that is new to you (and unrepeatable -- after all, the trials set before you in these tasks can be monumental):
    • Tuesday, August 27th around 5 pm PDT (8 pm EDT / Midnight [28 Aug] UTC) - Those looking to seek out the terrors of Thalumbra should meet with a Malduran representative in Kelethin for a map to all the sights.
    • Wednesday, August 28th around 5 pm PDT (8 pm EDT / Midnight [29 Aug] UTC) - A shaman has been concerned about some missing souls that were destined for the Ethernere but have yet to arrive. Visit the Obol Plains and bring him a little good News, won't you?
    • Thursday, August 29th around 5 pm PDT (8 pm EDT / Midnight [30 Aug] UTC) - New visitors to the Celestial Realms can often find themselves getting lost. In an effort to curb the number of missing explorers within the realms, a Myrist librarian will be in Nektulos Forest to provide those who have yet to undertake this mission with a complimentary map.
    P.S. They'll be sticking around for approximately 45-50 mins each, as they have to make the journey to other realms on the same evening, as well.
    * Obligatory small print: Ely is not a soothsayer, therefore is not privy to any more information about upcoming Good Stuff tm than your regular, run of the mill player. Ely merely wishes to make sure that you are prepared in the event of such an occurrence, whether it be occurring now or in the future. All start times are approximate and are subject to delays, postponements, and cancellations for a variety of reasons including, but not limited to: server downtimes, internet outages, bad weather, extreme napping contests, and attacks by rabid boll weevils. Thank you, drive thru!
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And just remember: "Forewarned is half an octopus." :D

There is, however, a fire burning in San Diego (and also up where we are, in nearly our backyard...stay tuned, we may need to evacuate :-/), which is where DBG's offices are, so we'll see what happens there. :-/

Uwk
  14. Elyshka Senior Guide

Please be very, very careful and know that you're all in my thoughts and my heart. If they say to get out, get out -- even if that means leaving your halved octopodes behind. *hugs*
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, fortunately, every fire fighter in L.A. County, pretty much, stomped on this thing (they do tend to get a bit seriously jumpy about such ["There's a spark! Kill it now!!"]) and kept it, so far, to only 30 acres with no forward progression and 25% contained. The evacuation areas that were affected were all west of us and didn't come any closer; in fact, it went even more west until they put their foot down and said, "No more!" The latest Instagram message from the fire department (about 10-15 min. ago) was that they'll probably lift the evacuation either tonight or early tomorrow morning. :)

We were lucky that the wind wasn't too ferocious today. :)

Uwk
    who's still not sure how the San Diego fire is doing... :-/
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Looked up the San Diego fire; started south of the border, crossed over, got contained before too long. Like I say, our fire fighters out here are really, really, REALLY jumpy about fires getting anywhere near out of hand and pounce on anything that looks like it might even think about smoking. ;->

But thanks for the concern! :)

Uwk
    who's very appreciative of our legions of smoke eaters :D
  17. Soara2 Well-Known Member

yay = ) will definitely be there Wednesday!!
  18. Elyshka Senior Guide

Kessalie is still coming! The rocks overhead are a big stronger to tunnel through than usual but she's drilling as fast as she can!

(Guess who forgot to patch earlier? *sighs*)
  19. Kasa Well-Known Member

Thank you Elyshka! :)
  20. Elyshka Senior Guide

Called it! Ok, now to find someone who pays out winning tickets in cinnamon sugar jumjum chips... Mmm, chips!

Rargnir will see you guys tonight! Be there or be... somewhere else. I'm not the boss of you. ;)