my prestige house searching and final purchases

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Geroblue, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, there are two Leaper mounts in that area: one for adventurers, which doesn't take any crafting, and one for crafters. I often get both. :)

Here's what I got from Denmum's site re: the list of nodes and locales (and sometimes, you can get like 87 nodes and nothing but meat vs. the leather you're looking for...or vice versa, if you do any of Qho's quests... :-/):
    • Tier 1: Forest Ruins, Oakmyst Fores, the Caves, the Peat Bog, the Ruins, the Sunken City, the Sprawl, the Graveyard, Greater Faydark, Darklight Woods, Timorous Deep, Frostfang Sea. (Note: the Sprawl and the Graveyard have no fishable spots [not terribly surprising...love Timorous Deep for this, and even Frostfang Sea, though getting Roots is a PitA depending on your level. Best place ever for any of this is The Nursery in Greater Faydark, simply 'cause it's more compact than Timorous Deep. --Uwk])
    • Tier 2 - Antonica, Commonlands, Vale of Shattering, Greater Faydark (eastern portion near Crushbone and the spires), Darklight Woods, Timorous Deep, Frostfang Sea [love, love, LOVE the Commonlands for this! :D --Uwk]
    • Tier 3 - Thundering Steppes, Nektulos Forest, Zarvonn's Tower (Eternal Gorge), Butcherblock Mountains, Firemyst Gully [Go to the Southeast griffin station {or whatever the official name is} in Thundering Steppes. Best harvesting anywhere for that Tier of nodes. :) --Uwk]
    • Tier 4 - Enchanted Lands, Zek, Cove of Decay, Bloodskull Valley, Steamfont [I don't usually bother with Steamfont for this; the Enchanted Lands and even Zek is better for finding nodes. --Uwk]
    • Tier 5 - Rivervale, Feerrott, Everfrost, Lavastorm, Steamfont (wetlands and area near it [yep, different areas...so annoying; I usually do easier places to see things like Everfrost and Rivervale, though those can be hairy as far as opponents go. Even the Feerrott has awesome areas, but you gotta know where to look. :-/ --Uwk])
    • Tier 6 - Sinking Sands, Pillars of Flame, Lesser Faydark [Sinking Sands is the best, imho --Uwk]
    • Tier 7 - Loping Plains, Tenebrous Tangle, Barren Sky, the Bonemire (node types will vary based on the KoS island that you are on, and not all islands contain all types of nodes) [Loping Plains is just plain scary. Even when things were merely green to me, I still preferred working the KoS islands. :-/ --Uwk]
    • Tier 8 - Kylong Plains, Fens of Nathsar, Kunzar Jungle, Jarsath Wastes, Moors of Ykesha [There are safe(r) areas than others to harvest in each, though at times I prefer the Moors. --Uwk]
    • Tier 9 - Sundered Frontier, Stonebrunt Highlands [Frontier all the way, though you won't necessarily find everything you need in the exact same area. Far more nodes, though. --Uwk]
    • Tier 10 (level 90-95)- Withered Lands, Cobalt Scar, Eidolon Jungle, Obol Plains, Vesspyr Islands [Haven't done much with these yet; at least not enough to give a good report. There will be quests getting you up to the "dead city" that kind of looks like what the village in Loping Plains "should" look like, and there are a gracious plenty of nodes here and there around that area. Good hunting, too, if you need to kill things; definitely a "target-rich environment." --Uwk]
    • Tier 11 (level 96-99) - Tranquil Sea, Phantom Sea [When you get crafting quests at this level, you'll find nodes. :) --Uwk]
    • Level 100 (ToT) - Thalumbra [If you're gonna head out that way someday, unless it's all grey to you by then, do the Frostfell questline during that holiday where you wind up going there {toons as low as Tier 1 everything can get that questline and be just fine}. You'll get sufficient free faction with the guards there so they don't try to insta-kill you. --Uwk]
    • Level 100 (KA) - Obulus Frontier (only 1 rare node, shadeweave bud, to cover all rares. KA use ToT commons for crafting. Bud is a rare spawn only in the Twark and Warslik's Woods areas of Obulus.) [Haven't really done much at all with this; mainly got the expac for the cool building blocks and house when it was on sale. ;-> --Uwk]
    • PoP (level 101-110) - The Plane of Magic [Again, barely scratched the surface of this yet. --Uwk]
    Thanks again for this hard work, Denmum! You're the best! :D
    Uwk
    Cyrrena, Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  2. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Uwk's inserted comments about the various areas for harvesting are right on. (I also love CL for tier two. And KoS, the bixie isle for food harvests is awesome! Assuming things are blue or lower for you. If not, then Gazer isle is better.) My only difference from her suggestions is that Kylong Plains - if you enter from the docks - is easier to get to than Moors. You do have to dodge aggro a bit, but if you have either a leaper or a flyer at that point, that's generally pretty doable.

I never realised Steamfont was so bad about nodes, because I never harvest there. I've always used EL, because it's so pretty and peaceful, and the music is nice. There are areas you can go there - particularly right near the docks - where you can harvest and not encounter aggro, as long as you're careful.

And yeah, two leapers. You got the adventure one, and that's cool. It's fun to get both, but it's not really necessary. Often I get both of each tier for any character I run there. But sometimes not, because it's not necessary, especially since you can only equip one at a time anyway.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I do have the gathering pony. One thing I found odd was after I got the leaper mount, a copy of it stayed there aznd I rode off on the other one.

And printed this page to pdf. If anyone wonders I use a free pdf printer, bullzip printer. It can also print to bmp, tif, png, and jpg. You can also add a watermark to any of those. I find that useful on my maps.

When going from the Qeynos portal across the smal lharbour, to the Qeynos shipyard, the flam branded jamadan, I think thatgs it, doesn't keep my cvharacter above water. Had to swim for it.

And the current tough mob in Steamfont is the 'a Balespring raider'. My merc gives my character a dirty look after we took that thing down, after several minutes.

And Khor the Irascible minotaur drops some nice things.

edit:

I got the Scaled Mountain Saliraptor. Ground 130% air 200% good at 30th level.

I want to thank Faeonara for decorating an Inn room for me. Server: Skyfire, person Starghallson, at the Lion's Mane Inn. It looks great ! I especially like the aquarium.

Whew. Enough typing.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Got 30 characters to crafting 30 now. And Zek, along with Enchanted Lands, gave me all the nodes i could use. And I got the 5 items needed to get the crafting leaper mount.

Axes on the ground at West Irontoe are a bit difficult to find, dayling or dark.

Onward and Upward !

( off screen "At least he didn't say 'To Infinity and Beyond !' " )
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I don't have 30 characters. I got three, 3, of my characters to Crafting 30th level.

And the axes on the ground are hard to see in daylgiht or dark.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Lets see if I can do this without typos...

@Uwk. I found online a free text on finishing beading. They said to sew cloth on the bottom of the item when done. Or at the ends, part way under the beads while still on the loom.

I tried beading this evening... I have to relearn my finger muscles for beading. I remember to count tge threads and beads per row before starting. I'll just let it go at that.
  7. elflover Well-Known Member

I have a hard time with that quest...what Ive done before is zoom all the way into first person and walk around slowly (with any quest where it seems I have to click on something small). Still took a little while but zoomed out I didnt seen any of them.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If there is an adventure mount and a crafting mount, I always get both!!!
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I vote for them making them glow or something. :-/

Uwk
    who also has trouble with that...
    Geroblue, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

While it's true that you can only ride one mount at a time, you'll get various Achievements for having X number of them or any flying mounts (even if you're not eligible to fly yet) or probably other sorts (if Achievement points meant anything, I'd pay more attention to them), and if you get two of the 'raptors, you can always convert the other into a house item plushie. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, thanks! :)

What was the link? :)

Uwk
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I didn't bookmark it. It basically said to cut a piece of fabric the size to put on the bottom of the piece. Or two for the ends, extending an inch or two under the beads.

Maybe I can find it again.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Gah, stupid forums booted me out for having the temerity to go to other websites... "For it is a jealous site, and will have no other sites before it." >:-/

At any rate, thanks for the links! I now have The Spruce Crafts bookmarked. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Juraiya like this.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

You're welcome.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Toured the Deepwater collector's expac prestige house.

I pondered weak and weary over long forgotten lore, and remembered I could place portals back to that character's dojo and leave the Deepwater house.

Wandered all about, and put multiple ones in there. So if I get losted again, I can easily travel to dojo, then Qeynos.

And the second character I took to one of these, could swim in the pools.

Not sure why the first one just ran along the bottom of the pool. Freaky.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...if you can place portals in the Deepwater place, that means it's in either Qeynos or Freeport and you own it, yeah? So, you could just walk out the door and be in Qeynos -- hmm. Unless, of course, your Deepwater is in Freeport and you now live in Qeynos; I can see how that could be awkward... ;->

Uwk
    who's made that error a couple of times... "Why are the guards coming after me? Why are they KILLING -- oh, right. D'oh. :-/"
  18. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yep been there done that! I've got an evil one in Qeynos, and every time I zone out I'm like EEEEEKKKK!
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Not precisely.

If I'm down on Western pool, etc. and I just want to exit back to Qeynos, and log off.

If I have to travel back the the prestige house exit:

1) go back to level 1, 2) click on the exit portal, out, log off.

Of course, if I'm lost... to get to the dojo:

1) click C to open the character window, 2) click on housing, 3) click on Access 4) click on exit house

Or faster:

1) click on the dojo portal and exit

Unless there is a 'fewer keystroke and mouse clicks' method ?
  20. Juraiya Well-Known Member

You can type "/house" anywhere in a house ("house" being a relative term here, of course, since there are no house structures in this one, and this also works in guild halls :p ) and you'll get the pop up that you'd get if you clicked on the portal to go outside. So if you're ever lost or stuck in a house, just do that to exit.