Parting Thoughts - TLE Feedback

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Somedude, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Dude Well-Known Member

I hear the NFL is going to do something similar. In order to fairly judge the skills of quarterbacks, the league is going to remove the concept of an offensive line. :rolleyes:
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

Did you hear NASCAR is getting rid of the pit crew, the drivers have to get out and change the tires themselves now.
    Dude likes this.
  3. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I would say just raid with three groups of bruiser's in an ultimate contest to see who can make the most meme raid setup possible. Then I remembered you can clear everything with three groups of bruiser's. Then I got sad.
  4. Carynn Well-Known Member

This isn't wrong if you have a slow group. I got stuck in one where the tank wasn't chain pulling at a decent rate, and instead of gaining four levels in two hours like I had on a different toon/same level/same xp pots, I barely gained two. Having a group full of afkers or a group that's not stacked correctly (competent tank, competent solo heals, bard/chanter, deeps x3) also causes a big slow down in xp gain. I'm playing a lazy game on one of my alts, sans pots, and I get one to two levels per two hours PUGing. Assume if you're not in a good group, you'll get one level per two hours. So level 60 = 120 hours of playtime out of a four month expac. Not exactly a ton of time spent leveling when you look at it that way.

Still, if you want to level fast, look for the PLers for krono and you'll be maxxed in a blink.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  5. Carynn Well-Known Member

Including vitality bonus?
  6. Zenji Well-Known Member

But it is wrong, the 1-2 levels per hour in a bad group at higher levels does not work the same at lower levels. Even if you were just solo killing mobs in DLW as a Templar for the first 15 levels, it doesn't take a hour per level. He says he multi-boxes so even if half the group AFKd after he popped a XP potion, he could still keep killing.
  7. Zenji Well-Known Member

No that doesn't count Vitality Bonus, but idk many players who used Vit pots all the way to 50 or 60. I think I used 2 from 1-50.
  8. Carynn Well-Known Member

I was presuming that they started grouping after level 15 in WC. Getting to level 20 is cake. After that, it depends on your group (and ability to box). I would bet that half those pots were wasted traveling/standing around.

Leveling on Kaladim is still fast, though, compared to SH/FG/Naggy. If I were playing this TLE for the challenge, I'd agree with OP.
  9. Somedude Active Member

Vitality calculates after the xp calc. Base XP is modified by your Experience Modifier that is displayed in your character window, then Vitality or any server bonus is applied.

Experience Modifier caps at 250, this can be from personal modifiers or group modifiers, but still caps at 250.

Because server and vitality comes AFTER the exp modifier, this is why things like exp potions are twice as effective on double xp server events.

As others have stated, vitality while potent, also expires at a crazy fast rate. I would only buy or use vitality potions if you heat your home buy burning cash.
    Carynn likes this.
  10. Xevran Well-Known Member

That weird XP bar thing at the bottom was the only reason I used a custom UI. I don't know who thought that was a good idea but it really wasn't.
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

I also seem to burn through vitality much faster on Kaladim than I ever did on live. On live, full vitality lasts for several levels. On Kaladim, it seems to last no more than two levels.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Somedude Active Member

There are some embedded shenanigans with the vitality pool. I don't remember at what levels it breaks out, but basically the pool becomes much larger as you level up. They've tweaked exactly what levels the vitality pool increases, so I can't speak for certain what level they are now.

I'd wager that Kaladim is following the same rules as live on this one.
    Dude likes this.
  13. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Server xp bonuses just modify the base xp, so if you have 100% server bonus, and a 100% pot, it's just modifying the base xp values by 200%. Lets say you get 100 xp a kill, the server bonus and the pot stack, giving you 200% of 100, meaning 300 xp per kill. Not 100% of 100 from the xp pot, meaning 200, then 100% of 200; meaning 400 xp per kill.

Remember we pointed this out to Caith on Fallen Gate ,when he claimed that double xp events were never actual double xp, and just double the base amount, not double after all of the modifications wen't in. We then proved him wrong with a myriad of old forum posts and screenshot examples from players when the actual amount of xp you got per kill was displayed in the chat window, instead of its current convoluted hidden values.
    Carynn and Soara2 like this.