my prestige house searching and final purchases

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Geroblue, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hey, I could do that there! :)

Just got that capability, to make the Depots. :)

The invitation to my guild is still open on Maj'Dul, though; let me know what you want to do. If you want to do your own guild, I'll help how I can, but you won't be able to get a Hall until you're level 30, which can take a bit, especially on F2P, perhaps, though I think double status events work for everyone? That's when we made our biggest leaps. ;)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Actually, when I said "tiers" I was referring to what tiers of harvests he is interested in.

Gero:
    T1 (tier 1) harvests are the ones from the newbie areas, levels 1-9. T2 is levels 10-19, T3 is 20-29, etc. The ponies/goblins can't get the harvests from the last two expansions (PoP and Myrist), but can get from all of the other tiers.

The best place to look up where to find the various harvest tiers is on EQ2 Traders. If you haven't already found that resource, I can tell you it's a gold mine. :) That site even has various pages that show what you can make at the different tiers, both in adventure gear (albeit with an appearance orientation, nothing about stats), and for furniture. I don't know that it's complete for every tier, but you can get a pretty good idea.
  3. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I can create two unguilded character on any server as well, to help him make a guild, if that's what he wants to do. I have some open character slots on two of my accounts that haven't been used yet.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Is the level 30 to get a guild character level ?

If so, I have a number of level 30 characters, and one is 37, and two are 34. Tired this weekend, I'll let you all know after today, Sunday.

Sounds good, me joining a guild. I'll let you know the character names.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nope, it's the guild level, unfortunately; characters are way easier to level, in either adventuring or crafting. Guilds are a lot tougher. :-/

Your guild will earn "XP" when you do status quests and turn in status items, like Documents, Relics, Scrying Stones, and Amulets that drop off sentient critters. They used to say to sell them to organizations of fighters, priests, etc., but nowadays you can just sell them off to City Merchants for status, which helps both your status individually and your guild's status and XP, if memory serves -- aw heck, here...

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Status_items

Good article there. :)

EDIT: It's still pretty good for a lot of things, but it is quite, quite old; it still talks about "lifts" in Gorowyn, probably relating to the "sky tram" things they used to have there. But most of the rest of the info is still applicable, I think. If you're looking for folks to sell your status items to there, just ask a guard politely to point you in their direction. :)

Do NOT, repeat, NOT sell them to just some ordinary merchant schmoe; you'll get a small handful of small coins and no status. :(

New Halas also has a dude in the crafting area, Peregrine -- something or other, can't recall his name, but he's great; he'll sell to/buy from anyone, regardless of alignment. :)

Uwk
    Breanna and Juraiya like this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Found housing in Gorowyn and at the docks for Commonlands/Freeport.

Etaiharn evil Karren Guardian is almost 39th level. After get to 40th, probably make a crafter out of him.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

When you join a guild or create a guild, when you earn status, so does your guild, and eventually the guild levels up from the status it earns. When you sell those things like paraffin sealed document, coral scrying stone, blackened iron relic, and the coral amulet to the City Merchants, you get status and so do your guild if your guild is low level as these are the tier 2 status items which are drops from level 10-19 sentient creatures. But you must sell them to the City Merchants or to the merchants from one of the City Factions, before you sell them, make sure that next to the coin amount you are receiving, it shows a status amount you will receive as well, if there is no status, do not sell them to that merchant. When you do heritage quests, writs both tradeskill and adventure, and there are 3 guide quests that award huge status, your guild will get status from all of these as well. When your guild hits level 30, you can buy your first guild hall.

Guild Halls can have amenities like harvest depots, collectible depots, lore and legend depots, spell depots, poison depots, food depots, ammo depots, fuel depots, bankers, world bells, and a lot more. But the hall does cost status and coin as upkeep and its based on the hall plus amenities.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Banker in New Halas does not like my eeeeviiilll Kerran Guardian. And he made it to 40th. Craft Scholar 11. And a different person to talk to for increasing crafting than my good characters.

edit: Oh, I may or may not be here on Monday and/or Tuesday.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nope, New Halas folks, if they're Bankers or Brokers, will NOT talk to Evils; some merchants will, but it's tough to tell which ones. Basically, if you come up to one and they shake their fist at you or do the "NO!" emote instead of looking like they're cheering you, they're gonna be grumpy and not want your business. :-/

All the more reason for a guild based in Gorowyn, imho, since the other "neutral" cities like Kelethin and New Halas are still prejudiced.

And the advantages of having a guild hall in Gorowyn is that you don't necessarily need to get the amenities of depots, a Banker, a Broker, etc., since all those folks are right outside the GH door. :)

When you're just starting out, you could probably keep your crafting materials in the regular Shared Bank, get a writ or two from the writ givers in the crafting area, get your fuels and mats, and head for the nearest crafting station. Easy, and cheap on your amenity costs once you get a Hall! :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Found a nice page on eq2.traders about crafting 1 to 100. Get my crafters from 26/27 to 30th, I can get another mount.

Etaiharn on Skyfire and Najiara on Maj'Dul are my evil characters. I'll need a time and place with a 2 or 3 days lead time so I can schedule a meetup to join a guild.
  11. Faeonara Well-Known Member

If you wish to join a guild where you can just pop on and do whatever you want just for the amenities and a bit of banter when others are on send Tours or Sorrowshadow a tell Pirates is our guild and our illustrious guild leader Gracee is at the helm on MajDul We will be happy to invite you ...You already have an invite to Harvest Homes over on Skyfire as well where Uwekete hides out ,,so you can also take advantage of that ..let us know if we can do anything for you :) meantme have fun ...feel free to message Tours,Faeonara or Sorrowshadow with questions or anything else we can help with :) Add us to your friends list and you will be able to see when we are online to chat to :)
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Seerver maint. this morning. I'll see what I can do later today or tomorrow.

Turns out I have 3 evil characters which I will address in another thread.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay, one evil gone. Replaced by Starghallson a good half-elf on Skyfire. He has plenty of gear, but could use a decorative item or two for his Inn room in Qeynos. Fury in case you are wondering.

Off to supper and then tv watching. Or maybe 'Ghost in the Shell' from 1995.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Had to game first... got the character up to 12th.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One of the things I've done with my new "babies," whenever possible, is to have them go rifling through my Collectible Depots (and, it must be said, some of the GH Depots, if I don't have much of anything... :oops:), since you basically get the most XP for turning in quests, right? Well, that includes Collectible quests. I've gotten my "kids" from like level 1 or 2 up to the high teens just on that alone, as well as some cool decorative house items, depending on the collectibles. ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Faeonara like this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I made sure the new character had succulents, no mercs on that account. And some armor that wasn't attuned to. Had to get a better weapon rather quickly. Already taken on a beaded gecko or two out in Antonica.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay, I definately need to take a break from gaming.

Anyway, Elecazhan Warder 32, Tailor 30 has crafted 20 slot Cuirboilli leather backpacks, kept some put rest on the broker. Made 2 cuirboilli leather sheaths also on broker. And those Turtle shell shields. Not the mageshield, the other one. Also on broker.

Going after the leaper mount, Crafting 30, next. Whew !
  18. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Ya know, Gero, thar be a whole bunch of us willing to make you bags/quivers/sacks if/when you need them. You don't need to waste rares (cuirboilli) on bags, when the Thick Bear Hide Backpacks are the biggest crafted in game, and don't use any rares. :)

Well, technically the Metallic Hide packs are bigger, but only by two slots, and those do take up a rare. :p
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I did it to get up to level 30 crafter. Sadly, I didn't gather them, I bought them from broker. Ouchies !

If someone wants to send bags to some of my characters; Ustaohunar, Acoujhan, and Xiifogshar on Skyfire, Starghallson and Uzeepiha on Maj'Dur, could use some large backpacks.
  20. Faeonara Well-Known Member

Bit confused as to which characters you have on which server
    Can you list the names on Skyfire and on MajDul .. I saw on an earlier post you made that you replaced an evil toon on Skyfire with Starghallson a good side half elf whose home is in Qeynos . I would love to send you some bags ect but need to know where and who to send things to Love to drop by your house as well and drop of a few decorations for you when i am on Faeonara on Skyfire or on Tours on MajDul :)