Producer's Letter: Carnage in Kael & more! [Discussion]

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Aug 21, 2019.

1. FrostyTalons New Member

My vote would be Columbus, OH I guess; given its location and low cost. Second choice would be Vegas for its low to moderate cost and lots of stuff to see and do.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Additional consideration of timing, were it LATE March, early April, many will have their Income Tax returns, and would be less reluctant on participating ;)
    Cyrrena, Snikkety, Kittybock and 2 others like this.
  3. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

If you haven't taken the survey yet, some of those suggestions and questions are already answered ;)
  4. Foodcity New Member

Another vote for Columbus here! It's ACTUALLY central, unlike Texas, and usually has okay-ish weather that time of year, as well as being significantly more affordable than California, including Plane ticket cost.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

Vote for a Everquest2 T-Shirt !

I still remember the SOE Live 2014 T-Shirt :)
  6. Alexstrasza Active Member

Ohio, might possibly the most boring state on Earth, this is why Vegas and San Diego were listed as options, there is plenty to do outside of the event. Texas is the best for a central location due to the fact there is stuff to do and there the smaller DBG Office in Austin, albeit San Diego is the main game studio.
    Lateana, Blazen, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  7. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Isn't it sad that after Chaos Descending and the overall health of the game that I am not even the least bit interested going to Luclin?
  8. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Reading comprehension for the win. ;) Yes, I'd taken the survey, but had forgotten it listed the tour of DBG and said early summer, we somehow turned it to late summer..

Hubby and I were discussing it while I was typing, and I'd gotten side-tracked :D
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  9. Beee Well-Known Member

Found the old one - But i need a new one :)

[IMG]
  10. Raff Well-Known Member

There is nothing low to moderate in $ in Vegas. You might find an acceptable hotel off the strip, but your cab fares, dining and entertainment is going to cost you 3-4 times what you would pay in more normal venues. I'm out there every year for an Industry convention.

Las Vegas...home of the $ 16.00 Subway sammich :)
  11. Uncle Active Member

Please tell me the underlined part is not correct
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Melt Actually plays the game

You say that as if CD was worse than PoP
    Cyrrena likes this.
  13. Raff Well-Known Member

Sorry you feel that way. Might be time to take a break.

I'm still having fun in CD. And I look forward to hunting giants in Kael again as well as exploring Luclin (or wherever the pic was from) in the new xpac.
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Kittybock and 3 others like this.
  14. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas!
    Cyrrena likes this.
  15. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Couldn't agree more!
  16. Altho Well-Known Member

PoP was awesome, never ran out of content whole year
    Rarkevan, Dude, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Lebanon, Kansas is the Geographic Center of the US.

I have no desire to go to Lebanon, Kansas. I could find nothing really to do there other than the US Geological Survey Marker denoting the exact Geographic Center of the Lower 48 Contiguous States. If you throw Alaska into the mix, the Geographic Center moves up into South Dakota, now there I would go to.
    Juraiya, Breanna and Pixistik like this.
  18. Svenone Well-Known Member

Regarding the survey, I did start to fill it out. My first answer of No made the two remaining questions meaningless (there were no appropriate answers to the remaining questions, and leaving them blank was not allowed, so I had to abort the questionnaire). It's not that I wouldn't like to attend, but for a number of reasons it just isn't going to happen.
    Juraiya and Conifur like this.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

i
    There are barbeque places in Austin. Some are tourist traps, etc. Book stores. A university campus. A river that is a lake. Don't remember if there are any museums there or not.

edit:

Damp in San Deigo. Damp on the east coast, Scorchingly hot in Las Vegas.

Austin is drier. Houston is damper. Inland Texas is best. Far west Texas is very dry and rather hot.

Central Texas is just right.

I might bring my Stetson.
    Kittybock, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  20. Somedude Active Member

Austin is a pretty cool place with alot to do. I like the idea of a more central location, but flights to Austin aren't exactly direct for most of us.

Vegas is just easier to 'fly to', so I prefer it.