Parting Thoughts - TLE Feedback

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Somedude, Aug 6, 2019.

1. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Dreamweaver can crack corn, but Kander don't care.
    Mizgamer62 and Somedude like this.
  2. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I think free/veterans rewards are ok, just don't release anything that will impact the play, like xp potions or escape stuff. Appearance items, though...that's like a mini game for me. And I'll never say no to a house item I've gotten as a veteran.
    Mizgamer62 and Cyrrena like this.
  3. shaunisme Member

I had good run with eq2, Done with it now, just not fun, same old stuff, gaming madness to keep doing new servers. its boring af now. later players!
  4. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I always felt that vet and expac rewards should be made available on TLE servers, but based on the progress of the TLE server. We get the stuff as intended as we progress, but it keeps the server starting on an even playing field at opening. basically, you'd get your 6 month vet reward 6 months after making your first toon on the server, etc.
  5. Dilf Member

I understand and can agree with most of the points of the OP, but I'm over the days of grinding hours on end to get to a point of being able to start doing something meaningful at the end game, on any current or future server. I also don't want to see Live's lightning speed leveling either.

I think 4 month unlocks are too long and raids need balancing on Kaladim, but I would hate to see things changed where it would take someone with a few hours a night most of the expansion just to reach cap. Being forced to buy exp potions was the worst ever on Stormhold or whichever had the awful exp rates. Nagafen was not enticing for me to have a slow grind to only have it wiped. I would certainly be one of those guys who would never reach the level cap of any expansion.

All I ask for is balance. Make leveling progression steady but not just for the hardcore, and make raiding meaningful for the people who want a challenge.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  6. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

What really puts things in perspective for me, is that DoF was only originally out for 5 months. It launched in September, and KoS came out the following February. The actual original DoF was only out 1 month longer than TLE. And that was when it was current live content, bugs and all.

DoF is a write-off at this point, I feel. Like someone else said, you can't really fix the content now without punishing those who didn't clear it in the first couple weeks. All that will do is disenfranchise the ones who are sticking around. Most all of the effort should be put into KoS and beyond at this point. If you brought forward the release of KoS by a couple of weeks, I am sure that wouldn't be an unpopular decision either.
    Arielle Nightshade and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I'm doubtful KoS will launch with really any changes or be released early because the live expansion is set to launch around when it does.
  8. Keldo Member

To be frank, I think Classic Acti-Blizz will be the death knell of Kaladim/EQ2 TLE. Each TLE server has had less population and lost that population faster than its predecessor. Meanwhile, Acti-Blizz seems like they've actually strived for a good amount of time to create an authentic 2004-2005 experience in their game. It doesn't look like a bizarro Frankenstein experience with XP pots and familiars. I think this server is taking a huge hit to population next week that I doubt it will get back.
  9. Zenji Well-Known Member

Careful naming the game we do not speak of, some people around here are quick to ban for discussing it.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  10. Zenji Well-Known Member

I get that people's free time is different now than it was 15 years ago. But if you take the "grind" out of the old school MMO, it is no longer an old school MMO.

EQ1, WoW Vanilla, and EQ2 "vanilla" all took a bit of a grind. EQ1 significantly more than the rest.

So for me, when a server is advertised as "Experience values will be slower, similar to how it was at original launch".

But then we grind to max level in under 8 hours on day 1 of the server, I feel lied too.

Then when you add in
    "Great lengths have been taken to ensure the difficulty of encounters should be more challenging than on normal servers. "

But then we are 1 grouping x4 content and soloing heroic content, I feel lied too again.

So obviously finding a middle ground is not something this team is capable of. So yes I want the grind, I want stuff to be overly difficult. Because if you ask for anything less than that, you get Kaladim.
    Keldo and Bekkr like this.
  11. Dilf Member

@ Zenji - I get that, some people signed up with the same expectation as you. It would make sense that an x4 mob takes 3-4 groups to kill, but I am glad I don't have to funnel all my DBC to pay for exp potions. I also get that a 3-hour PL session shouldn't cap you either. The slow exp in Classic for all 3 mentioned games was relative to the amount of time in between expansions, and I think that the rate should be somewhat linear for the timeframe we have for each expansion.
    Keldo likes this.
  12. Keldo Member

Agree, and will add that it was a pretty wide middle ground that was completely missed. To stick with that analogy, if a middle ground was being aimed for, I think the gun was pointed the wrong way, slipped out of the person's hands, and a little flag cartoonishly came out that said "BANG."

I remember during original EQ2, running with a mostly static party, doing mostly dungeons to push XP, doing most of the heritage quests, doing most of the zone quests, I was happy if I could get a character to 50 with roughly 6-7 days played. And this was after my first character on each side, where I really stopped to sight-see and "smell the roses", so to speak.

Since TLEs exist within a more expedited shelf life, I could understand if it was faster. But several days vs. several hours? That difference is just too large. Leveling a new character is essentially a weekend endeavor rather than something that I feel like I'm going to have to really invest time/energy into. Unfortunately, the end result is I don't really feel attached to any of my Kaladim characters because frankly I don't feel like I earned anything.
  13. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

A. Wow will probably not affect the TLE population that much because everyone who is quitting for wow classic already has. Really anyone playing at the moment either is a whale, addicted, or has some strange attachment to this game that they feel as if they have some reason to continue playing?
    C. I was power-leveled 1-50 in 2 hours on kaladim, it took me probably 100 hours to hit 50 on Fallen Gate/Stormhold with xp pots. Pretty sad when people were 50 like the first day on Kaladim.
    Zenji likes this.
  14. Kalika Well-Known Member

The first TLE was way better than the second (cause mainly because of channelers being OP on the second) and the third is way too easy and fast. I can solo AT/Harpies and my wizzie friend too (he ofen dies on the cyclop) .. and i m ungeared ;-).

On top nobody dreams to do the prisma on several toons, the is no heirloom way to bypass the peacock time line.

Wish they were rolling back to early velious gear or the one just after stats got consolidated with the vanilla difficulty type. Solable heroics and x4 that are indeed either strong heroic or x2 is boring.
  15. Blaupunkt Active Member

I think it could be surprising by how many drop off over the first few weeks as they move to to try it, there are quite a few in our guild who are going to play but say they will still log into eq2 to raid, I expect them to all slowly drop off and leave EQ2.

Guess we will see next week.
  16. Maledicere Member

This would be less hilarious if you hadn't pre-coordinated a full, ideal group setup, with max xp pots and group xp pots going nonstop for those 8 hours on day 1. It's really on par with a super geared, stacked pvp group that complains there's no challenge in killing random, smaller and average geared PUGs. In fact, it's this very behavior that causes bad reactions for the rest of the population, ultimately speeding the process of server abandonment -- less people to kill, sell junk to or flaunt titles and notoriety due to your own actions.

And, by the way, people hit 50 on day 3 of original game launch, they didn't know the best grind spots, access to xp pots nor were experts at their classes. Take out all those xp bonuses you paid extra for and I would say their advertisement on xp values was more accurate than not.

Kaladim flopped faster than the last 2 TLEs, there are less resources and probably less urgency to fix it due to quick abandonment you assisted in delivering. So shoot yourself in the foot and just keep yelling at everyone in range. We've all seen the show before.
    Snikkety and Fangrim like this.
  17. Zenji Well-Known Member

You're cute :)
  18. Raff Well-Known Member

WoW...been there, done that. Won't be back...ever.
  19. Tdark New Member

You're trolling right? This has to be a troll. I cannot fathom someone had serious intentions when writing this drivel. Hurr durr pay more money and invest more time into the third iteration of a server that is objectively worse than the other two with literally ZERO indication that improvements, beyond mild bug fixes and itemization, will be coming at any point.
    Ghorast, dirgenoobforreal and Zenji like this.
  20. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Imagine thinking giving DBG will make eq2 better. Ill tell ya what. Every single penny that was a profit from EQ2 has been going into two titles that is pretty much dead.

its ignorant to think that anything you use your money on will be spent on anything other than keeping the game barely afloat.
    Tdark likes this.