this famous crossbow ...

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Kalika, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

I m not sure how it works. Do you need ammunition and how much do they cost. Can mages and priests use it for ranged attack, druids have no piercing and shaman have no slashing so i wonder; on top priests have no ranged skill.

Does it fire after a non damage spell (roots, mez) -- usual automatic mode -- or as soon as you start casting ?

And well will the 60 hunter quest be about contested mobs too ?
  2. Malachy Well-Known Member

Mages and Priests can use it. You have to buy ammo from the Bowyer merchant in your city, it uses "bolts". It works the same as a melee attack, will only strike between abilities/spells. It uses "aim" which has to be skilled up, just like any other skill. To buff it up, you use "+offensive skill" stats in gear, instead of +spell skills that would work for the focused wand. In essence, your autoattack damage you are used to from a focused wand is about half of what it was, at 50, with the 60 ranged wand in DoF, it's less. As a priest, it's unquestionably amazing for healing due to the reuse.
    Cyrrena, Dude and Kalika like this.
  3. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

It's nearly worthless for every zone except poets at the moment because of how fast stuff dies at the moment, and on single target for at least my warlock. I found my auto damage to be around 300 from the city wand.
    Kalika and Somedude like this.
  4. Kalika Well-Known Member

Oh well it will go to my healer i guess, no toon is done with the city wand and i wonder if the crafted one with a 75amod proc is overall better. it proc about twice a minute for 10 second. So if it is Poisson we get on average 25 Amod.
  5. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Even on a healer it's meh, I have one on my mystic and my wards don't really run out of absorption before they're back up again. I'd rather use the ward tablet, until I have cool stuff like bolster/RoA.

The ability mod wand is better I guess for healers, I averaged out the MC proc time + the damage spread and it wasn't better than the city wand.
    Kalika likes this.
  6. Kalika Well-Known Member

Ward tablet ? ... btw i m puzzled by the census; there are way more defilers than mystics but mystic are super nice too with bolster , torpor and CA, Similarly we find much more warden than furies but fury have ring of fire, starnova, back in the fray and hibernate ... Don' t pretend i said wardens were bad i played one a long time a i loved her.