my prestige house searching and final purchases

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Geroblue, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

My computer doesn't have space. The only other slot is a PCI 1x1 slot. It can hold a wireless card, thats it. I do have some small fans in my electronic/arduino kits, I could place one of those back there.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

When in doubt, a small room fan positioned strategically. Does wonders keeping my LED desk lamp from getting too hot (not that it does much at all, compared to even the scary mercury bulbs, but... /shrug). ;->

Uwk
    Juraiya, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Another character Crafting: Woodworker 27, but only 30th level, so going to stay out of Steamfont for a bit.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Gathering can be done there if you're very careful. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Its the roamers that have surprised me more than once. Maybe after I get more used to those patterns it will be a bit easier. My 36 level character did take on, with a merc's help, one of the 41 level minotaurs. Ouch. I know, they aren't called minotaurs in the game, but that is what they look like to me.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

For all intents and purposes, they are; I'm not sure why they just don't break down and call them minotaurs, since I don't think many Greeks would be offended by that nowadays, and DBG uses terms like "dragons," "centaurs," "goblins," etc. in Norrath without having spasms among its leadership over copyright issues (for all I know...though they definitely call the short furry-footed race "Halflings" rather than "Hobbits" [though I hear that the term "hobbit" was an actual thing, and that Tolkien invented the term "halfling" himself...sigh]). :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The lore and legend pieces are called Minotaur.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

A minotaur hoof dropped from one earlier today. I doubt the Greeks have a trademark on that word. A copyright didn't exist back then.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

True, but it is part of their mythos... ;->

And yep, I'd forgotten about the LnL, since the main reason I work on it at all is for the cool house items. ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Been thinking about it, and I'll just make all of my characters crafters of some sort.

Egad, there'll be some gathering. My back aches already. Even if the gathering is virtual and I have DarqUI which does it for me.
  11. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Gero, do you have a guild on Maj'Dul? I have around 36 (maybe more) upgraded ponies and who-knows-how-many goblins, and I could get you a bunch of tiers in a few days. I'll dump it in a guild depot, if you have one. Just let me know the guild name and the tiers you want, and make sure that visitors can deposit into your depot.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And if you don't, Gero, let me know, and I can see about getting you membership, if you want it, in ours. We don't have a guild depot, but one close by our Gorowyn guild hall in one of our member's houses (no worries, Juraiya, Visitors have Deposit abilities). ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

No guild. I still have no idea how to get to Gorowyn. Sometimes I see it on the map for the journey around Norrath, but mostly I don't.

I have two evil characters; Nejiara is the only one on Maj'Dul. Etaiharn is on Skyfire.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Oh, I have no idea what the tiers are. Are they on the wiki ?
  15. elflover Well-Known Member

Gorowyn is in Timorous Deep from using the globe travel
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You don't need to be Evil to be in a Gorowyn-based guild, or even to go there...it's in Timorous Deep, and the folks there are quite friendly unless you do something silly, like attack their guards. Their Bankers, Brokers, and merchants of all sorts will be more than happy to deal with you, even if you're Good; you just won't be able to rent a house or start a guild hall there unless you're Evil. It's really a lovely city. :)

You should be able to get to Timorous Deep via the world bell; it winds up at the Gorowyn Docks. Just head toward the big hollow mountain at the head of the docks and keep going 'til you're inside it completely (where the main underground pond/lake is). Then either go up the ramps (and up and up and up and up and...) or head a sharp right to a portal-looking thing, which will blip you straight up to the level where the Collector is. Head another sharp right between the guards, go all the way inside there (basically hang a sharp left once in a bit after the guards), and you'll see the Broker, Bankers, residential areas, crafting station areas, etc. The Guild Hall door is straight back; the crafting area is just to the left of it. :)

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"Tiers" in the case of Guild Halls are 1-4, and they go up rather logarithmically. A Tier 1 is really basic; when you first get eligible for it at guild level 30, you can get 5 amenities and that's it (choose wisely). There's only a few rooms, like the entryway and maybe like 3-4 more. So, less to decorate, less rooms to pay for, etc. I think that's the only level available in places like New Halas and Gorowyn, and the nice thing about Gorowyn is that just about everything you'd need is right outside the door, and everyone will talk to/sell to everyone, no matter what their alignment (as opposed to New Halas). It's one of the lovely things about having a GH there. :)

Tier 3-4 Guild Halls are accessible via the world bell docks at Antonica and The Commonlands, and are literally like palaces of the rulers, only bigger and with more land. They pretty much come with eight teleport pads available for getting around in the "manor house," and you'll need those. I don't know of anyone who ever decorated every single room, since there's never enough item slots to go around in there. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Maybe we could get enough of us that are unguilded to help him make a guild for his characters on Maj'Dul or someone with the recipes could make him a personal harvest depot?
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Sounds good. I kept getting lost there, so I took my Kerran character and bought an Inn room in Freeport. The NPCs keep heckling my character and its getting rather old and boring.

I'll print all of this page to pdf.

Oh, Xiifogshar, good, is level 21 Guardian and Level 27 carpenter. Getting out to Irontoe was a wee bit difficult without a merc. Whew. But I made it.

I have 9 characters in 6 accounts on Skyfire and 9 characters in 5 accounts on Maj'Dul.

So, to make a guild, do all 6 have to be logged in at the same time ? Or does the leader just supply character names ?
  20. elflover Well-Known Member

To make a guild all have to be logged in and grouped and same alignment. On Skyfire if you want I have a guild you can join and just do your own thing (which the few of us in there do) can send me a private message if like that option better.