Item Salvaging?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Raff, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Raff Well-Known Member

I harvest rares in order to craft MC items that I then salvage / break down for infusers or to planar level my weapons. In a production mode, I can craft 100 or so items at a time. My rares stack, my infusers stack...but the crafted items do not. And you have to break each piece down one at a time. It can get tedious. Especially if you've made a lot of them.

Can the game (DBC) make it possible for crafted items of the same type to be stackable? And salvageable in the same stack?
    Beee, Kittybock, Obano and 1 other person like this.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

plz go and request something to help with this in the loyalty merchant thread :D

and I agree with you
  3. semisus Does not play this game

This would be nice , would also be good if the transmutation stones stacked.
  4. Melt Actually plays the game

The way I do this helps reduce tedium a bit. Same amount of time but far less effort.

Make a macro on whatever key on your keyboard you like. I just replace my 1 button, I normally use it as a tank target.

In that macro, make step 1 the command /sortbags 1 a, then step 2 the extract planar weapon essence.

Then, pull up the conformation window for extracting essence and move whichever bag your weapons are sorting into over the conformation window.

Then, you hit the macro, click twice, and it salvages. You don't need to move your mouse at all, and I normally just will rest one hand on the 1 button and another on left click.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

The craft/crush cycle can be tedious, but I imagine there would be some serious issues to deal with if they tried making equippable items stackable.
    Also, having a stack of items doesn't guarantee that a single salvage or transmute action would do the entire stack.
    Kittybock and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah but they could make a box/depot/something with a sorting/deposit option so you could sort/deposit all the items you want to crush there and then click a button to have the box do it all for you
    Geroblue likes this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'd love a 'crush all the stuff in this box' option myself, I just don't know how feasible it is for the code base.
    Geroblue, Kittybock and Breanna like this.
  8. Obano Well-Known Member

How about if they made a craftable item that too 100 rares to create and then all you had to do was click one button to crush it and get 50 fragments back.
    semisus, Sigrdrifa, Dude and 2 others like this.
  9. Bludd Well-Known Member

good suggestion obano, maybe that's the easiest way forward
    could be 1 item for infusing fragments and 1 item for weapon fragments
    Obano and Dude like this.
  10. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Agree 100!

I'd like to see a faster method for craft/ crush as well! That said, I'm happy the craft/ crush option is available, even if a bit slow. It has really kept harvesting/ selling rares viable this expac. Good for the in-game economy. ;)
    Dude likes this.
  11. Beee Well-Known Member

Additional Problem: Craft for a friend 500 Bowrs for salvaging...

You can not multicraft them in his bags. It's necessary to craft it in your own and trade them for each 20 (which you have to put manually in the tradingwindow)

very disappointing way to help others
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Bludd Well-Known Member

that's why these proposed crunchable items would be so much better, just do like 5 combines of the weapon essence item in commission
    Cyrrena likes this.