It's not yet too late to save the live servers ......

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kalika, Mar 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fensy New Member

Meant dbc, autocorrect wrote DVD lol
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Fensy New Member

Just because a extremely small amount of people play. Doesn't mean it's alive. I haven't played in I don't even remember when. Just looking at eq2 progression, there seems to only be 40 total legit raid forces. There is no such thing as a heavy server, and the lack of support for the last 6 years has been abysmal. It's pretty much dead. What positive thing does this game have that you can't get somewhere else? I'd wish someone else would buy the brand out and revamp it into modern times, and stop letting people waste money here.
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Golum Active Member

I like pie!
    Soara2, Breanna and Pixistik like this.
  4. Prexyss Member

What happened to EQ2? I'll tell you what. Suddenly, everything we worked for is up for sale...titles, mounts, armor...everything. The crafters were made irrelevant. The things that we worked for mean nothing now...oh, except how much cash you have to throw at your game. They took away our bragging rights and even took away our veteran rewards...that certainly sent a message to all of the long-time players. pfft
    It is obvious that the quality is gone and now DB (Sony) is just out for the money. Sad, because that was once what distinguished EQ2 from so many other mmo games; the quality and creativity that went into it.
    Yes, I am still playing. Why? Because I still love the game. I love the housing! I love the cool mounts! I love the look of the zones and that I can still play them. I'm still playing the lower levels, making new characters, adventuring, crafting, getting the once-cool house items and decorating, but the newer content is yawn!
    I am so sad to see these barron servers and the cheapness of the newer expansions, but I hold out hope.
    My advice to the programmers and powers that be: why ruin a good thing? Go retro! Back it up! Give back what was taken away. You can still sell stuff, but just make it a different color than the quested, hard-won stuff right? Make rares and crafters relevant again. Make questing and adventuring relevant again. Go friggin retro! Oh, and show some love to your veteran players...duh!
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  5. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Feldon updated his graph. The look ups on his page is lower than ever. Take it for what you want, but at least its numbers in a discussion run mostly by emotions.
  6. Dead Alt Account Well-Known Member

[quote="I'd wish someone else would buy the brand out and revamp it into modern times.[/quote]

^^^ This.
    Soara2 and Rhodris like this.
  7. Laaw Well-Known Member

try going back to the mid 70's :) or board games and paper and pencil to calc damage and then move e pieces. good ole strategy games like france 1940
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  8. Wimble Active Member

This is strongly indicative of active interest in the game.

Someone else made apost earlier where they felt the small number of active raid guilds this expac - they said around 40 - suggested the same thing - a sharp decline in participation by the more diehard player. Not to split hairs bu the estimate of around 40 active raid guilds is misleading as a number of the entries are sub raid teams from the same guild, which means the true number of active, independent raid forces is actually lower than 40.

Some of the design decisions of this expac in particular almost seem intended to test the patience, or flat out alienate, the raiding crowd, i'll mention only the constant re gearing required for resolve), its a sad way for the game tib urn out, particulary with the 15th aniiversary due. I'm hoping that the next expac is having extra time and resource put into it so it is good for the anniversary, but tbh, its moot for me personally, i stopped engaging with the game several months back. Getting me to that point took some effort by the developers :D Im hopeful the 15th annv is good the game deserves it - but the damage, accumulating over the last 3 or 4 expacs, has passed recovery points for me.
    Mizgamer62, Soara2 and Rhodris like this.
  9. Wimble Active Member

Was it Planes of Prophecy that covered the back end of 2017 to Autumn 2018? That seems to be when they started to bang the last nail into this.
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Raff Well-Known Member

What I find interesting (and sorta sad) are the people who quit playing years ago yet still feel the need to come into the forums and regale us with outdated opinions. I mean, I've played & quit a lot of games.

But have to say it has never occurred to me to go back to talk **** on the forum boards of old games.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I played Tunnels and Trolls solo in the late 1970s. And first edition ad&d in the 1980s. Using mapping software from England, i have made over 3,000 maps. 3.000 for those elsewhere. And I have about three thousand dice. And floor tiles I made out of manila folders. Yeah, and I used a programmable calculator to figure out treasure shares, xp, etc. Then used an Amiga A1000 to do the same thing.

Yeah, I've played paper and pencil rpgs.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

i can't speculate on the motives of people posting, but I have been playing EQ2 for 14 years now, and people have ALWAYS, during that ENTIRE TIME, been moaning on the forums about how the game is dying.

Summers are always slow times, which is why the game now has the summer ethereal events and such. Yep, there are fewer people today than there were a decade ago.

But community is what you make it. There are people playing, make friends, join a congenial guild, and have fun! If the game shuts down, oh well, you can worry about it then. In the meantime, you could instead be playing!
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Same thing on the EQ forums since 2004. Its 15 years later folks. I still play games like this. I'll still do so. My siblings, who I DMed 1E ad&d for back in the 1980s, have suggested to me I should be doing other things.

I just point out how we used to be the cool people who played rpgs. I still do. What happened to them ?
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

Not only do they say the game is dying, but I also don't understand the complaints about money grab. Yes I am a casual player and no I do not raid, and I realize it is much harder to get there if you do raid. But I play the game to have fun, my character's (the one's I play most) are decently geared and all of their spells are at least Expert I've been researching the rest and most of their spells are all master or grandmaster now, and I have not spent a cent to upgrade anything, I go out and work for it, it is part of the game. In my opinion the game is only a cash grab if you want it to be, and if you are not patient enough. But again I do not raid so I don't have to have the shiniest armor and all ancient spells along with all the ascensions. To me the game is fun playing my way, to others not so much. But they do not put stuff up to buy that cannot be earned in game with a lot of work.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If you grow up all the way and stop playing and having fun you die. Jerry Lewis said at 98 he was still writing, acting, directing, and doing some onstage comedy shows that he continued to work because everybody he knew that retired died.
    Geroblue, Dude, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  16. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Watch Netflix, go to the gym, go swimming, spend time with family and friends. Doesn't sound like death to me, just stopping the huge waste of time and money. I don't mind working for what I have but that's all I have done now for years. Still no group. Waste. How can you make friends when you can't even group? Or why even want to when you just grind your whole play time and it's never enough. They upgraded every time I get close. Can't even group at this point with the carpel tunnel. I'm not going to die but sure will enjoy this year coming without this game.
    Mizgamer62, Ashandra and Breanna like this.
  17. Ashandra Well-Known Member

The game has never been in the state it’s in now , no reason to run zones other then coins very few raid mobs worth killing . Silly silly resolve thing making gear useless , no best in slot items classes ie conj having abilities nerfed in the name of lag for what the lags still there . Admin side just doesn’t get it ppl log do coins the go is that a healthy game ?
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  18. feldwebel87 Active Member

No, it really isn't indicative in the interest in the game. You are reaching pretty far with that assumption. It's a third-party site that is seeing less use.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  19. feldwebel87 Active Member

What positive things does it have that you can't get somewhere else? Well, that's too long of a list to type out. It really depends on what you are looking for, and I can't find the sense of scale mixed with great crafting mechanics on any other MMO.
  20. feldwebel87 Active Member

They need to move on and play something else. It's one thing to say what is wrong with the games and think of things to redeem it (in their eyes), but it's completely asinine to say it's dead and point out why they hate it and think it's past fixing. ZERO. USEFUL. CRITICISM.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.