Game Update 111 is nigh! Carnage in Kael drops on August 27!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Pioneer Member

1. NEW FABLED ZONE: FABLED KAEL DRAKKEL
    So it's a new contested zone? While we all had bad experience with last one (I mean Awuidor) you make a new one with horrible lags?

2. Increase your mount to level 20
    ... ok. I will log into the game one time per month to click "train mount".

3. DAYS OF SUMMER 2019
    Ok. And 1 per week.

4. NEW FAMILIARS
    Wait a second. I have one with 10th lvl. What for do I need another one?

So... Guys, what are the reasons to play game right now at the high-end content? Raid mobs? We killed all what we can. Right now with unfriendly resolve system we lost group from our raid, so in 3 party we can't killed mythic t4 (that all what stayed unkilled). There is no WOW-loot that could stimulate us to do that. And, while i have infused (even with DB-cash infusers) items - i don't want to obtain a new ones, coz they worst then my. You should take a look at your item balance system at next expansion. And try to play game not only while testing scripts (hello, Gninja!)

p.s.: New raids?
    p.p.s.: Mischief was cool. I was there one time.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Avithax Well-Known Member

Although revisiting Soren X4 sounds like a blast! Maybe it can repeat the fact that the away groups never got the title or kill credit:D
  3. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

While normally that's true, Kael is so friggin massive that it'd be challenging for a handful of people to control it all.
  4. Conifur Well-Known Member

No it won't. You will have a group of FD'ers or raiders running from place to place picking up shineys and selling loot rights. Same way it always is.
    Rhodris likes this.
  5. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised.. I know people that had Kael locked down back in the day during DoV
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

New fabled zone - don't do them, not interested.
    Mount training - can't be bothered with the hassle of getting patterns and recipes etc to make gear for them, so don't train the ones I have.
    Panda - ok, will have a look but not overly fussed.
    New familiars - *rolls eyes* really underwhelmed....
    GrunEQ, Tkia, Soara2 and 4 others like this.
  7. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Hello Dreamwaver,
    i have a couple of questions regarding the Kael Drakkel fabled Contestant zone.

First: Difficulty - I remember back in 2011 that the zone had new mechanics such as co-op buffs and co-op strikes, combine this with fast respawn and it was a very difficult zone to master where you needed a good set-up with good players.
    Now with this in mind and what i noticed in Pugs for ethereal groups, it is safe to assume that a good amount of the playerbase won't have any business in there. I don't know if this is beneficial for the game.
    Is this going to be the same difficulty as the original zone?

Second: Quest - Will we again have to do the quest line for activation of the teleporter if we did the quest previously ? What currency will be awarded for the "Kill" quests and what currency will be in the chests of the nameds.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Obano Well-Known Member

The ideal senario for Kael Drakkel is that it can be used as a bridge to 120 when the level cap goes up. The best zones are the ones that are designed to last years. Think Sanctum of Scaleborn or Sebilis or High Keep. People don't go there for the loot. They go there to level up and keep coming back to power level alts and new players through there. If each mob killed in Fabled Kael gave millions of exp it would become the new go to leveling up zone for the next decade. People would be so happy if they could just grind to 120 instead of questing.

When looking at contested content it is best to think in terms of years. Zone longevity should be a thing.
    Soara2, Posy and matta like this.
  9. Elysse Member

No solo duo content then?
    Soara2 and Posy like this.
  10. Raff Well-Known Member

Here we go again. Malcontents griping about new content before it even launches.
    Nothing DB does will EVER please everyone.

Personally, I'm just happy that we've still got regular updates & expacs.
    Seefar, Breanna, Blazen and 4 others like this.
  11. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Highly doubt they'll go this route with it just simply due to the direction they went starting with PoP where quests were really the only source of xp to get 110 then continued with CD as the only way to get ascension to 20
  12. stonetoad New Member

another zone won't be able to play, being one of those weak players.
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

I have to second all of these. I am tired of the ridiculous lag in contested zones that is still present. Oh yay.. lets do another cash grab to level mounts to level 20 for no reason. Days of Summer at least is something fun to, but if the white adorns are still stuck to the same slots its just not worth it. Familiars.. this is something they should have gotten rid of a long time ago. Another cash grab with no other purpose
    Soara2, Juraiya and Rhodris like this.
  14. Gregore Active Member

Malcontent? You betcha! We (Hardcore Raiders) thought we were going to get a whole new raid zone to run to bridge the time until the new XPAC. Instead we get one or two contested raid bosses in a freakn' huge time sink of a zone that wasn't fun the first time around, and won't be this second time either.

Mount leveling up to 120, new familiars, and new Panda stuff is supposed to get us happy/content? The only thing even remotely interesting is the Panda stuff, but the jury is out until we see what the rewards are that we can earn.

One thing that DBG can do to at least make this new zone bearable is put some exciting must have loot in there, something that raises the pulse & that will be widely sought after...something that we haven't had since TOT (reset hammer).
    Soara2, Hiza and Rhodris like this.
  15. olleran Active Member

Has a dev confirmed that Kael contested named are the extra raid content we were promised in the 2019 Raider's Digest thread ?
  16. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

It'd be nice if the instances were included and Kael contested was used for level grinding alts.
    Soara2 likes this.
  17. Jabbsi New Member

Please let Yun Zi have heroic zone starter gear for us returners who are really struggling to get into CD grouping as our gear is so lacking.
    Hartay and Soara2 like this.
  18. Crazycatlady Member

19. Crazycatlady Member

So is there any solo content or is this exclusively for group and raids?
    Rhodris likes this.
  20. Crazycatlady Member

I find it interesting there has been no mention of solo content! If I am wrong please correct me!
    Laaw and Soara2 like this.