Game Update 111 is nigh! Carnage in Kael drops on August 27!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Aug 7, 2019.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

HAIL AND WELL MET NORRATHIANS!
    Do you remember the first time you defeated the Kromzek in glorious battle? Does your memory conjure the first time you laid thine eyes upon Kael Drakkel?

Carnage in Kael is dropping on August 27 and with it a new Fabled Zone, new mount levels, and it’s almost time for Days of Summer!

[IMG]

NEW FABLED ZONE: FABLED KAEL DRAKKEL
    Storm your way into Fabled Kael Drakkel from the Prophecy Portal Gallery of Myrist, the Great Library, and go toe to giant toe with the Kromzek!

IT'S TIME TO MOUNT BACK UP
    Increase your mount to level 20, unlocking three barding slots as well as three all new mount gear slots and gear found exclusively in Kael Drakkel!

COOL DOWN WITH DAYS OF SUMMER 2019
    It appears that Yun Zi is back at his antics again! Find out what that rascally Hua Mein is up to this time in the latest episode of Days of our Summer!

[IMG]

TAKE YOUR NEW FAMILIARS ON A TOUR OF NORRATH
    Familiars Season Six is rapidly approaching and will be available in game and on the marketplace on August 27 with 30 new familiars! Get ready to take your new friends all across Norrath!

Are you excited for Carnage in Kael?

Let us know in the comments!
    Discord more your style? Find us HERE
    Kurisutaru, Cyrrena, Saw-Lau and 6 others like this.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

ooooh fancy

edit: will the fabled zone count for ethereal tokens?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Dockter Well-Known Member

Interesting.

P.S. Please bring back Willow Wood!
    Cyrrena, Saw-Lau and Avithax like this.
  4. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Kael is a contested zone, so it will not count towards ethereals. Not an instance.
    Cyrrena and Kittybock like this.
  5. Naramee Active Member

cool, had been thinking that Maybe just Maybe it would be veshans peek from jarsath waste, but this I take too:):p;)
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Bludd Well-Known Member

ah of course! forgot about that, thanks for the heads up.

can you tell us the resolve requirement?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. semisus Does not play this game

is there a new raid zone?
    Avithax likes this.
  8. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Did I miss GU 110?
  9. Avithax Well-Known Member

Will the new mount slots be applicable to the new mounts in the upcoming expansion? Are they quest based and 1-time rewards that we will not be able to apply to other mounts if we switch?
    Cyrrena and Rarkevan like this.
  10. Gregore Active Member

Am I the only one that's dreading this going live? I hated Kael back in the day. Forcing me to run it again to stay competitive on mount stuff sounds like a new form of torture. Not excited for more mount levels. This smacks of a cash grab. Not even the slightest bit excited for new familiars. Want to get me excited about familiars? Put reasonable ways to level them up in the game. The Panda will hopefully have some good new stuff. That's the only thing about this upcoming update that I can get even the slightest bit excited for......sigh....so disappointed.....sigh
    GrunEQ, Soara2, Posy and 5 others like this.
  11. Gregore Active Member

Why would I want to switch mounts, or even earn a new mount after leveling the one I have up, busting my **** to unlock three extra barding slots, and then paying to win to unlock three more barding slots? Are all the unlocked barding slots going to transfer to a new mount? Because if not, I fail to see the reason to even go after another mount, or pay to win to unlock something ever again!
  12. Meisa Member

Are all the GU111 zones group or will there be a duo/solo version available? Or is it simply a duo/solo that groups can go in as well, since it is contested. And is there anywhere that specifically indicates how we need to be outfitted for stats for survivability? Would be great to have a "guide book" or user-friendly manual like we did years ago when a new expansion would come out (Pillars of Flame, Overrealm, etc). It could even be online :-D
    Anniejo, Soara2, Posy and 2 others like this.
  13. Vunder Well-Known Member

i lost interest in contested.

Contested zones in this game sucks as they are constantly locked down by just a few people
    Anniejo, Soara2, Posy and 1 other person like this.
  14. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

pleased to see yun zi!
    Laaw, Soara2, Posy and 6 others like this.
  15. Jaxyn Member

Looking forward to the new content, especially the Days of Summer. I haven't done many Fabled instances, but we've been looking forward to the Panda :) And looking forward to NOTD, Heroes Fest, new expac and FF!
    GrunEQ, Soara2, Juraiya and 4 others like this.
  16. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

I find that contested content is never a good idea. On the one hand, there is always the lag problem, on the other hand, that problem that the strong players displace the weaker and if there is good loot, reserve this for themselves, which makes them even stronger. Just like the avatars used to, which only a few raid guilds worldwide had reserved for themselves and thus had the gear advantage on their side for years with each addon launch.

There are also other issues such as time issues, people who can play all day, as opposed to those who have to go to work or go to school, study and so on enjoying a massive benefit.

And if the loot is not good or bad, the contested zones will soon be empty of players.
    Anniejo, Juraiya, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  17. Bludd Well-Known Member

but this place is hueg
    Cyrrena likes this.
  18. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Super excited! I've always loved Kael! <3

Happy to see a Fabled Contested zone! Enjoyed the ones they've done prior.
    Raff, Cyrrena and Xianthia like this.
  19. Beee Well-Known Member

Hoped about a new raid zone to have fun for the next 3 months :eek:
  20. Beee Well-Known Member