SUMMER ROAD TRIP 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

New Mexico:

Santa Fe :
    New Mexico's capital ,sits in the Sangre de Cristo foothills.
    It is renown for it's Pueblo - style architecture and as a creative art hotbed.
    Founded as a Spanish colony in 1610 it has at it's heart the traditional Plaza.
    The surrounding historic district's crocked streets wind past adobe Landmarks including the
    " Palace of the Governors " now part of the " New Mexico History Museum"
    This museum sends you on a voyage through 400 years of New Mexico history.
    start with the Ancestral Pueblo people towards Fred Harvey and the Harvey girls.
    among the museums artifacts are , maps , photographs , and paintings.

" Santa Fe Indian Market "
    Taking place during the second week in August. The market has been running for 94 years and is the largest cultural event in
    the southwest .
    Over a thousand Native artists come to Santa Fe to display their works in a week long celebration of Native arts and crafts.

" Museum Hill "
    Santa Fe is a celebrated mecca for museum lovers,but with more than a dozen museums scattered across the city it's hard to see them all in a day or two or 3 .
    that's why Museum Hill is the perfect place to begin.
    Situated on a picturesque hill east of down town, Museum Hill offers a stunning view.
    4 museums can be found up here .
    the " Museum of Indian Arts and Culture" , the " Wheelwright Museum of the American Indian" , the " Museum of Spanish Colonial Art " , and the renowned
    " Museum of International Folk Art "
    This museum has the largest collection of international folk art in the world. The collections are divided by geographical regions. In the Girard Wing this museum houses a collection of 106,000 toys from around the world.
    outside there is a labyrinth cafes and the fragrant pathways of the Santa Fe Botanical Garden , all on the same Hill.

" Loretto Chapel "
    small pretty chapel build for a convent to bring nuns to educate young woman and girls.
    the chapel houses a incredible free standing spiral staircase build without nails and considered by some a miracle.

" Santa Fe Opera "
    Located 7 miles noth of Santa Fe the open air opera house showcases world premiers and classic and contemporary works.
    Put on your best gown or dress casual for the long standing tradition of pre show tail gating , in the parking lot .
    For a more formal affair enjoy the Preview Buffet's.

" El Rancho de Las Golandrinas "
    Located 10 minutes south of Santa Fe this place is a living history museum, located on a former Spanish ranch dating back to 1710. This 200acre facility has 33 historic buildings some moved here from other locations .
    History interpreters provide demonstrations of every day life.

" Burning Zozobra "
    Setting a 50 foot marionette on fire rids Santa Fe of Doom and Gloom. The burning of Zozobra happens the Friday before Labor day and is quite a spectacle .

" Ethyl the Whale "
    this sculpture of a life sized blue wale is made of hand- recycled plastic trash.

" Cathedral Basilica of St Francis of Assisi "
    The cathedral is just east of the central Plaza and is one of Santa Fe's most striking landmarks .
    Construction was began in 1869 with the help of French stone masons and Italian stone cutters.
    Financial problems thwarted the completion .
    the building is missing the 2 160 foot steeples.

" Haiku Pathway " A serene garden path lined with 36 Haiku stamped into clay stones.

Now for some interesting food places:

" Kakawa Chocolate House "
    This place sells and makes exquisite hand made Chocolates, rich drinking chocolate elixiers and home made ice cream
    All you chocolate lovers just HAVE to go to this place.

" Jamba Café "
    diverse flavors from Africa Arabia and India used to make an effusive style.
    with spices from around the world
    and the owners deep roots in Africa and inspiration from Europe.

" Second Street Brewery "
    beer , Beer and more Beer and high gastro pub cuisine .

La Lecheria "
    Ice cream made without stabilizers or preservatives
    unusual flavors like sweet corn or green chili are offered through out the year.

Santa Fe School of Cooking
    you can experience Santa Fe's rich culinary traditions and learn from a master how to cook .

ok enough for today , I could write 10 pages just about this amazing city, but I need at least 3 hours of sleep .
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Breanna drunkenly stumbles through the bus, the internet cord wraps around her leg and is pulled from the socket. 1000110011, ones and zeroes fade to nothingness as the bus's polygons unbind from their joints and dissolve away into the maya file from whence they were created. Autosave was turned off, and the files are irretrievable. The screen is blank, the characters no more. The End.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

We have back ups ! And our backups have backups ! Aoogah !

And those backups have back ups ! Ding ! All is fine !

I have an infinity of backups !
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

Than God Gero, I thought I was a goner there for a minute. Ttobey is always trying this tricky stuff trying to kill us off. I am glad we out smart him every time.
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

That's weird, I changed the radio station and Safety Dance started playing. Cyrrena just Safety Danced right out the front door not knowing the bus was hovering over Hawaii’s Kilauea volcano and she plummeted into the lava. I guess that was an Unsafety Dance.
  6. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Wait What? Breanna pushed her? Not nice. I think you are all going stir crazy.
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

I would never ever push Cyrrena into a volcano. I think you've been dreaming and need to wake up. I know you are having a lot of fun on this road trip with all the pretty hats and stuff we keep getting. But maybe you should stay out of the hot tubs for a while I think they are making you drowsy, because you just keep falling asleep and having the wildest dreams. Maybe one of the new hats is too tight and pinching off the blood flow to your brain.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

or the wine , I should not have send him those 30 cases of fruit wine.
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

It could be a little bit of everything combined. He is definitely delusional.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

New Mexico :
    Truth or Consequences:
    This quirky hot springs town was named after a radio show, and besides the hot springs is a interesting small green town in the middle of the dessert. The Doctor Who episode " the Zygon Invasion " was filmed here .
    "Geronimo Springs Museum " features old windmills , Native American art / and wooden figurines.
    " Las Palomas Plaza " is a public park where you can dip your feet in rushing spring water in a setting , resembling a Star Trek episode.
    " Spaceport America " The worlds first purpose-build spaceport 25 miles from Truth or Consequences .

Alamogordo:
    " New Mexico Museum of Space History' home of the international Space Hall of Fame . The Museum shows the history of spaceflight and everything surrounding it .

Los Alamos :
    "Bradbury Science Museum " A Museum for the Manhatten Project , and any other declassified material as it becomes available.
    " Bandelier National Monument " small metropolis of Pueblo swellings.

Magdalena :
    " Gila Cliff Dwellings " pre - Columbian cliff village.
    " The very large Array " twenty -seven massive radio antennas , search for life on other planets.

Taos:
    " Taos Pueblo " A multi storied adobe complex has been inhabited for more than a thousand years.
    " Tiwa Kitchen " this Restaurant uses Taos Pueblo ridipes come and try traditional foods made in a outdoor oven.
    El Prado:
    " Earth ships " looks like something out of 1970's sience fiction.
    Tularosa :
    White Sands National Monument"
    The largest pure gypsum deposit in the world . And yes buy a sled and go dune sledding .
    Embudo :
    "Johnnie Meier Classical Gas Museum " A collection of gas station paraphernalia, everything from motor oil cans to gas pumps.
    Velarde : ( near Espanola)
    " Mesa Prieta Petroglyphs " a preserve with over 75,000 ancient drawings .
    La Madera :
    " Ra Paulett's Hand -Carved Caves " For 25 years / New Mexico artist "Ra Paulette " has been creating a intricate underground Wonderland . Guided tours are available via " Origin New Mexico .com ".
    Bloomfield :
    "Ah-Shi-Sle-Pah Wilderness Study Area " The land is full of geologic eye candy , otherworldly spires and prehistoric fossils
    You got to see this , this place looks like a alien planet , petrified tree stumps and ancient bones speckle the badlands .
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

New Mexico Santa Rosa :
    " Blue Hole " a clear water swimming hole that has hidden caves. The Blue Hole has free admission and is right of the Interstate.
    Nageezi :
    " Chaco Culture National Historic Park"
    A phenomenal assembly of pueblos. The canyon's 15 complexes also contained the largest buildings north Mexico until the 19th century. The Chacoan complexes cover a nine - mile span along the canyon floor.

Sandia Park :
    " Tinker Town" " I did this , wile you were watching TV.
    Ross Ward created many thousends of carvings , paintings , etchings , and drawings. Today a 22 room museum ( also built by Ross Ward ) is packed with his art.

Fort Sumner :
    Bosque Redondo Memorial " A somber monument commemorating the site of a Native American reservation marked by suffering. The long walk of the Navajo people ended here over 300 died on this 400 mile walk in the middle of winter , but the suffering was not over .
    over 3000 Native Americans died during the 4 years of the reservations operation.
    " Billy the kid Museum "
    " Billy the kid's marker of the place of death "
    " Billy the Kid's grave " enclosed in a Iron cage.

Captain :
    " Smokey Bear's Grave " The final resting place of the real life famous Forest Service symbol.
    Las Cruces :
    " Chile Pepper Institute " At this research institute The CHILE is king.

Albuquerque:
    " Musical Highway" If you drive at just the right speed on this stretch of Rout 66 , you will hear " America the Beautiful ".
    " the National Museum of Nuclear Science & History "
    " American International Rattlesnake Museum " they got some living rattlers too .
    "Pueblo Montano Chainsaw Sculpture Garden "
    after a wild fire one of the fire fighters turned burned tree trunks into statues , using a chain saw.
    This is a lot of stuff to see I had no idea this state was so interesting I always thought there is nothing but dessert .
    and maybe an alien or two.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Gears and wheels, steam up ! Roll back the carrots, forward the lettuce ! Aooogah ! Gears and wheels, I have no bananas, oh wait, I do have them today.

Safety net caught those who fell off, but ttobey seems to have missed the safety net. Oh wait, gears and wheels caught him ! uhm, eeew.

Good thing I have backups ! Hi ttobey ! Welcome back on the Interstellar Bus !
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

hmm wonder how that bus supposedly ended up over Hawaii in the first place when all of us where out exploring Roswell.
    We only use the bus on the road now when we want to see the scenery, and when we don't go far to the next place.
    Thanks for catching ttobey , Geo
  14. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Isn't it weird that we haven't heard from Cyrrena since Breanna duct taped her up like a mummy and threw her in a volcano?
  15. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Plausible deniability, ttobey.
  16. Dude Well-Known Member

I don't hear any noises coming from my trunk. Why do you ask? :rolleyes:
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Oh look Dreamweaver joined the Summer road trip runs to cooking personal and tells them to stock up on froglog yummy's.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I will lay all the rumors to rest!! I apologize for my absence yesterday.

Monday night my older daughter and her boyfriend were in involved in an auto accident at about 9:50 pm PDT, child and boyfriend alright, H3 totaled, so I had The Mom duty until after 3 am attempting to instruct them on what they should be doing, ie call insurance company, do you want your own tow driver or have the City let the tow company they called tow it off, the insurance company will send an adjuster and tow company to the scene, you need to call the insurance company. I had to return them to their apartment along with all their shopping which is why they were out to get in the accident that involved 3 vehicles, possibly 4. Told them take everything you want out of that H3 because your insurance is going to total it and you are not going to want to have to run to who knows where to clean it out. But you know how kids are, they do not listen and the H3 is the boyfriends and he is from Georgia, moved here to be with her so I get to be his The Mom too. The Mom duties continued through late afternoon when I had to take them to pick up the rental the insurance set up for them, when they finally contacted the insurance and were told, you should have contacted us from the scene (1 point for The Mom), then they had to go to the tow yard and get all the stuff out of the H3 as it was being totaled by insurance (2 points for The Mom).

Even though for the most part the did not listen to any instructional information, I am just happy neither of them were injured and maybe they have learned something by dealing with the insurance company themselves.

The other thing I had going on, was just as difficult if not more so. One of my closest and dearest friends from AB, a legend in the Roleplaying community had a stroke last week at the age of 55. The doctors gave him a very slim chance for survival. He went into ICU/Critical Care and they put a DNR on him and yesterday the life support was turned off. He passed from our world at approximately 2:17 pm PDT per his daughter.

Live large and soar high my friend, you are loved by all and will be greatly missed. I love you and miss you dearly. You will never be forgotten. He is now a large star in our Norrathian Sky and my next campaign with be to get a monument or something to him on AB.

LORD TYRANT KHARM ZEN'MYR ---- Antonia Bayle----- 06 August 2019 14:17 PDT
  19. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

:( So sorry, Cyrrena and all Kharm's friends from Antonia Bayle.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

word can not explain how this makes me feel --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    About your children the one of your own womb and the one by loves connection I am happy to hear they are ok .
    I knew there must have been something really importand going on in your real life to keep you away from the game and the forum .