What can I do for you? (offering /claim items)

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cyliena, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Dilon Active Member

I was very fortunate with a wonderful group of players in homeshow channel!
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, they're the best, aren't they? :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Chikkin Well-Known Member

big bump for this thread
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Ixsiel Member

Xalox on HoF looking for \aITEM 1257705287 569252460:Hoard of the Scaleborn\/a . If you have one, even unpacked, and you are willing to part with it, please send me an in game mail. Thanks much!
  5. Xillean Well-Known Member

I know it's been a while, but I was hoping someone would be willing to help out with the following:

Chaos Descending: Gateway to Knowledge (Teleporter)
    Blood of Luclin: Ever Portal (Teleporter)
    Reign of Shadows: Fordel Midst (Teleporter)

I wasn't able to get the collectors during these expacs so would love to get these items for my personal home on Mayladen on Skyfire. Would love a set for the guildhall as well if anyone is able.

Thank you for your time!
  6. Xillean Well-Known Member

Still looking for:

Chaos Descending: Gateway to Knowledge (Teleporter)
    Blood of Luclin: Ever Portal (Teleporter)

Any help is appreciated, send a tell on Skyfire to Mayladen or mail.
  7. Xillean Well-Known Member

Thanks to Llid, Taylia, and others on my server we got most the items we were after plus a few extras :D

I do apologize about asking for the Ever Portal, I was informed it was one per account and premium edition only, I didn't know that before or I wouldn't have asked.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Were you interested in it because of the travel, or the looks of it? :)

That latter might be easier to replicate... :)

Uwk
    Breanna and Xillean like this.
  9. Xillean Well-Known Member

Mainly the travel but you have given me idea on replicating its look :D
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

When in doubt, cheat -- er, approximate! :D

Uwk
  11. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I'm baaaaack. So giving this thread a bump, which I'm happy to see is still going so many years later! :D

I see that there were several requests for old Fan Faire items a couple years back (or more), are those people still around and want these?
  12. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

I just saw this thread by mere coincidence, after reading another post you made.

First of all - WELCOME BACK!

Is it just me or are more and more vets coming back lately? Whatever the case, makes me glad seeing ppl come back to this gem.

That being said, I haven't read through the entirety of the original post just yet, will do so in a few minutes, but is this about housing items and free stuff? If so - *putshandup* would love some of these items. Fan faire items sound great too! I have about 5 million plat right now, can pay a coin or two, or buy a Krono item and give you that instead. Would love some old paintings or rare stuff that I missed over the years. I myself came back about two years and started from scratch via a new account. The only thing I miss now are my veteran rewards and a bunch of my old housing items. Gonna stack up on a few things in game again, but not only in Norrath, also in real life. Been buying a bunch of collectors items and retails boxes from past and long forgotten days recently. Having a blast so far :)

Sturmlocke
    Halls of Fate US server
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  13. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Yup, it's about /claim items that are one per character, so basically (how I did it in the past and I assume others do as well) the person gifting the item makes a character on your server, you give them trustee access to place the item(s) in the home you want, and ta-da! I have a ton of the older stuff including Fan Faire items. I think the last xpack I played prior to coming back was either Thalumbra or Kunark or something like that (whatever the 2016 xpack was), but I'm sure many others in this post have loads of items I do not! :D

What prompted me to come back was a Facebook memory of getting my Velious mount 11 years ago... I linked my old player buddy and found out he recently returned too, so figured what the hey, I'll give it a whirl again. ;)
  14. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Aaaah, I see. :) And by the looks of it, you have already subscribed again. Awesome! But yeah, was actually wondering how that free item thingy was going to work out, thanks for the tip! Oh, so both you and your buddy are playing again now? Sweet! That's two more returning players on the list. The more that come back, the better for all of us. I guess ppl are now slowly but surely realising that Norrath is one of a kind. That's good, that's really good actually. Say, if you have the time, could you two post your feedback on our discussion here pls? I am trying to gather more opinions on that subject, because I feel like our 20yo chars could use some love. From what I've read so far, Tobey would also like to get some stuff done in this regard. Would love to hear your thoughts on this matter, especially since you've been around here for so long.

Oh and about the items you mentioned, almost forgot, if you place the items into our homes, are the items then officially ours? Can we move them around etc.? If so, I'd love to get some paintings for my house in Kelethin, but also for a new house in Qeynos, that I am going to be buying soon. And if anyone has a special magic carpet mount for me, I really want one :D That's also another topic that my wife and I have been discussing lately; would love a few 2p mounts for us couples around here. A bigger magic carpet would be perfect for two ppl.
    Cyliena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I credit COVID for that resurgence; more folks sitting at home, twiddling their thumbs, trying out a bunch of new games, and perhaps getting disaffected with everything, save the oldies 'n' goldies... :)

The thing about placing HEIRLOOM and NO-TRADE and other such tagged items into someone's house (I've done it frequently in decorating house swaps nowadays, and been the recipient of same) is that no, it's not "really" yours in the sense that you can't pick it up and take it with you, or even put it into your inventory. :-/ This does make it a drag if you want to do what we call a "break-out" in your home layout (easy enough in a 6- or 7-room [Kelethin] house or a Guild Hall; tricky->nigh-impossible anywhere else), where you boldly go where no dev has thought anyone would and placed items out in the middle of Timbuktu, which is often juuuuuuust outside your window... ;-> Sadly, the usual way to shift an item out there is to place Teleport Pads (often using one or more of the Layout Editor(s) [second post of the thread]), pick up the item, and blip yourself outside the usual boundaries, then put down said item somewhere. Of course, I guess if you do use a Layout method (even Ye Olde Humble Notepad! :D), you could numerically place the not-yours item as well; it's just way easier if you can actually carry it. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna, Cyliena and Sturmlocke like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

On Break-Outs:

If you can figure out how do to layout editing reading up on all the various methods (then explain it to me! -- heh, just kidding; I helped modernize the Mistal Notepad Method ;->), the break-out coordinates mentioned are the first three numbers with decimal points (or decimal commas; whatever they use in the rest of the world), the three you'll see when you work with the in-game Compass when you're out and about. So, if you want something moved to a specific break-out point, like, say, a Teleport Pad to the "beach" of the Mistmoore Crags Estate, then go to the line in the Editor (even in Notepad) that corresponds to that Pad and change those first three coords you have it at in your Editor to the beach coords (brief pause whilst I get those...):

-330, -135, 145

where the -330 is, I believe, the X axis coordinate (like on a graph), or East/West; the 145 is the Y axis coordinate, or North/South, and the -135 is the Z axis coordinate (like on a 3D graph), or Up/Down (not sure where "sea level" is in the Mistmoore, but it's certainly not at -- the level of the sea... Must be 0.00 at the main floor or something). That's if the devs set this up where the usual X/Y graph is lying on the ground flat, and the Z axis is pointing straight up and down (or, since the usual presentation of three coordinates is often XYZ, it could be that they're doing Y as a vertical axis and Z as North/South, but I digress -- ah, nope, I was right the first place; it's XZY. Weird, but I didn't design it /shrug).

So in this example, the Teleport Pad would blink out of sight, and you could take another placed 'Pad out to that one on the beach, which will probably be way far away to the south, a heck of a way to the east, and waaay down below on the sand. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna and Sturmlocke like this.
  17. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Uwkete covered this pretty well. :) The items still belong to the character that placed them, even if that character is deleted, so you wouldn't be able to put it in your inventory. But if you move and have your items moved in a moving crate (I admit I'm slightly hazy on how that's done after so many years but I recall doing it way back) then the items will move with your stuff. So yes, you can move the item around the home it's placed in, but no, you can't put it in your inventory or stuff it into your bank/house vault.
  18. Xillean Well-Known Member

Cyliena is the best tbh, im glad they are back :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyliena like this.
  19. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Awww shucks, thanks! :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Xillean like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There's been quite a few folks returning, and it's heartening to see! We miss you, folks, come on back home! :D

Uwk