PoP Sigline

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Tajar, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Tajar Well-Known Member

If you are going to force us to use PoP siglines to level toons to 110, can you at least have the quests actually GIVE experience? The Innovation part, and the Disease part, gave me 0 XP. It's BS.
    dirgenoobforreal and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Avithax Well-Known Member

I didn't think it was possible to finish the first overland sections without hitting 110. This is surprising!
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

The faction grind then doing the two will pop you up to 105 iirc. It's realllly slow though.
    ConcealFate and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Tajar Well-Known Member

This used to be true with doing only one faction even, and if you didn't quite make it then the Innovation part of sigline finished you off. But when they launched CD they nerfed the XP in PoP. Even with full vet bonus and potions and stuff, it is way less xp than the first time I did it when PoP launched. Ascension xp there has also been nerfed into the ground even for pre-level 15 (I know they didn't want us levelling +15 in there, but why not just not allow any xp after 15 instead of nerfing the hell out of pre 15?). It is frustrating as hell when it is the ONLY way to level to 110.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. olleran Active Member

That you got no exp for completing the Innovation part of the sig line is weird , as i think i netted about 3.5 levels for completing that. This was recently, way after CD launch

As for ascension exp, you can get a clicky from the panda merchant which will level an ascension to level 15
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Tajar Well-Known Member

Finally got 110 on said alt, Disease part gave her no XP either but Torden bit dinged her from 107 to 110... It has happened to me before on one toon, and I've heard others complain at not getting xp for Innovation part. Disease is usually more reliable for it, I was super unlucky this time.

Not bothered about the ascension XP so much, I've got baubles for that and the CD quests give really nice ascension XP. You just need to get to 110 to start them :p
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Melt Actually plays the game

I've leveled 5 toons to 110 and never had to go past the disease part of the sig line. My only real complaint is locking them to 105, making you have to grind 1 faction to max and another one half way just to get to 105.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Tajar Well-Known Member

I did most of one faction (enough to make the thingy to read the stones basically) and got to 107. I was then stuck at 107 til Torden part of main sig line lol
    Zeddicious and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Avithax Well-Known Member

I did Pakiat on 19 toons, Never had to do a quest inside the Collosium and a lot of the toons still have annoying quest items from the Pakiat line since I bailed to the Library once they hit 110 for the 2.0 spells. Granted I was using potions but the xp seemed to be more than needed. I seriously hope it hasn't been nerfed since I still have about 12 toons to run thru it still ((O.O))
    Cyrrena and Juraiya like this.
  10. elflover Well-Known Member

I have found on a few toons that I run out of vitality before I hit a big xp turn in I had got nothing and at one point AA slider decided to move itself to full AAs. Thankfully I still had a few quests left. One character seemed to not get xp from them and next day for last quest turn in it gave it all to her...so it does seem the pop line has some issues. Only had issues on 2 of 9 that ran it.
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Ok so I am doing this PoP factions, and normally to get my alts to 110, I do yrzu until 2nd repeatables, and switch to pakiat first 3 and vahla first 3.

So here is my issue, I am now on an account that hasn't done the signature line yet, and I can not do the signature line on it for a few months, when my son is able to help with it. I do not want to mess up the faction and have to do repeatables forever later to get it back up. so, question is which parts of the sig line do I need 50k faction for? Thanks, atm I am just leveling the other alts on the account and not the ones that would do the sig line.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Breanna Well-Known Member

If I am remember correctly you have to have at least 1 faction at 50k, I'm not sure which part of the sig line you need it for, I did all 3 factions before I started it.

Not much help am I LOL
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

From the wiki: https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Legacy_of_Power:_Secrets_in_an_Arcane_Land

You need to have at least "+50k faction" or Ally, with one of the 3 Factions in the Plane of Magic, to complete the second step of this quest which is about 31k faction. (as of 01/15/2019)
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  14. Kuulei Well-Known Member

The House of Yrzu is probably the fastest of the 3 factions to attain 50k in.
    You can start the Yrzu timeline with Malusia and she can be found at /waypoint 57.25, 127.91, -40.44 which is located near the Myhst River.
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  15. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

PoP - Worst questing in the history of EQ2 expansions.
  16. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I will try to do first few until I can't get further on the signature line. I did it on the other 2 when PoP came out and couldn't remember
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  17. Avithax Well-Known Member

I agree with you, the creators of the adventure and crafting sig lines had a bad case of Posterior Cranialitis when they made it.
    ConcealFate and Soara2 like this.
  18. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I actually loved the crafting timeline, although I didn't care for the "hey lets make it a *challenge* and it take 10 times longer to craft than usual" and the fact it was over 5 months late to the game was the biggest "this sucks" of the expansion.
  19. Tajar Well-Known Member

Whoever wrote that bit on Wiki doesn't even make sense lols. Is it 50k or 31k?! :p

To be clear, it is about 31k before you can see the recipe, you do NOT need 50k. The 50k factions were for getting what was the BIS offhand. You had to max all three factions and do the final quest in each to get the weapon. For alts you only had to max out one of them, then you could buy it off the status merchant in Coliseum.

I typically do Yzru until the final set of repeatables, which is far enough to see the recipe to do the main sig line. Doing the Innovation part of the sigline USUALLY gets me the two or three levels still left to do, but sometimes it simply doesn't give any XP at all. I've got quite a few level 110's, and 2 or 3 of them I've been jipped on XP for innovation.
    Soara2 likes this.
  20. Kaitheel Developer

I am sorry to read about the frustration you encountered, Tajar. I looked at the quests you reported having encountered this issue with, but they all had the same XP amount being offered directly from the quest. I know some of the systems we have that affect XP are complex, so I don't question that it might have happened, but I wanted to reassure you that there was no intentional reduction made on the XP of any quest in that signature line.

~ Kaitheel
    Juraiya, Breanna, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.