SUMMER ROAD TRIP 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You definitely need a big kitty 'zerker as well, Cy; I promise that big axe I've got is foam rubber this time... ;->

Uwk
    who thinks Penn and Teller are actually a snarky Wood Elf and big ol' snarky Ogre in disguise; they're doing that "yes, we CAN all get along" bit :D
    Desetibrat, Soara2, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good morning ROAD TRIPPERS!!!

Nobody said YAY or NAY.... Although Gero and Uwk liked Chocolate and Mini Golf, so we are staying on at Universal through tomorrow night and will definitely move on to Biloxi, Mississippi on Monday morning bright and early!!! I know Breanna and Schmet love Chocolate as well!!! I reserved us a room at The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium for the entire weekend, so any time you get a craving, just pop in there, show them your pass and they will take you and whomever is with you into the room and seat and serve you, no waiting in line!!!!

It is only 10:30 am and I have already been there *blushes and whispers* twice. I had this incredible Rocky Road Ice Cream Hot Fudge Overboard Cake for breakfast. It was triple dark fudge cake with homemade Rocky Road Ice Cream on Top, then it had loads of Hot Fudge poured over the top of that, then whipped cream, nuts, and 2 cherries on top, it was delicious!!!! They have Knickerbocker Glories as well for those that know what those are, for those that don't, bop in there and order one, you will not be disappointed!!!!

I have us a 36 hole round of Mini Golf Reserved for 11:30 am, and its just across the sidewalk from The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium. A couple of doors down from here is a hat shop, a t-shirt shop, a beach shop, a surf shop, a glass blower, a shop that sells little knick knack type things, I saw one with the glass bottles with sand paintings in them and ships in bottles and stuff like that, perfect house items for shelves and bookcases and display cabinets. Down the other way, I saw a small handmade furniture shop. You can look at the types of things the craftsmen in there make and order them if they do not have any premade. I smell lots of shopping today!!! I also read and heard talk from people already walking about, that this place is hopping at night!!!

Tomorrow in the morning, I will visit Volcano Bay. I will wear a pirate outfit and pirate hat as I wish to use these boats and commandeer other boats, they have weapons on board *ARGHHHHHH*

I have scheduled Cocktail Hour at 6 pm and Dinner at 7 pm both at Universal Studios Classic Monsters Café in the Flying Saucers Room. There will be a special shuttle from the hotel every 15 minutes from 5 pm until 6:15 pm. Then they will return us to Citywalk after Dinner. I found this dining area and thought it would fit well with part of our theme!!!

Alright everybody, lets get moving and explore Citywalk!!!

*casts the group speed buff, puts on her Kevin hat, looks over and giggles at Ttobey, and checks the time delays one final time before shouting* Lets head out ROAD TRIPPERS!!!!!
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

You hear a voice across the way asking incredulously, "What is that ?!".

My beach shirt. Maybe you should wear intense sunglasses when looking at it as it is rather bright.

Short are just plain beach shorts. So are my sandals, no siocks. With a big panama Hat with a phospherescent gren hat band.

Don't worrk its to defend myself from the windmill.

One upon a time, I visit an ice, well, Ice Cream Store, in Texas. They had two items. One was called a Mt. McKinnely and the other was called a Mt. Everest.

Ice cream, cocolate syrup, marshmellows, a cerry and whipped cream on top. 3 or so gallons of ice cream. I think the second one was about 6 gallons of ice cream.

But if you could eat one by yourself, it was free. No cheating, they had someone stand there and watch you while you ate. And to encourage you. Normally several people were supposed to eat them. But some tried to Eat it All Aloone ! I didn't.

Anyway, off to the miniature golf ! Watch out for the water hazards ! I hear there are penguins, octopi, and sharks in them. Maybe.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not to worry, Gero! Not after you have a hopped-up-on-chocolate (apparently chocolate doesn't bother Kerra...because I said so, that's why) kitty 'zerker with you! Who's just spent an interesting time checking out the Flying Saucers Room, making sure no Daleks were involved... :-/

EDIT: Just finished looking up what a Knickerbocker Glory is; looks to me for all the world like a trifle in a glass! With the iconic photo being one from Harrod's... :D

Uwk
    wearing pirate garb similar to the pirate garb worn in EQ2 currently... ;->
    (and mourns the loss of entirely way too many cool ice cream shops in So. Cal. :()
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

Ok now you guys have gone and done it. I have to head out and get ice cream!!!!

I can't find my pirate gear AHHHH!!! I'll have to port to one of those shops and get some more.
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

What flavor? I go through phases, but I always return to Rocky Road.
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

One of my favorites is Heath Bar Crunch. But today I'm thinking a Hot Fudge Sundae with chocolate ice cream, Carmel and nuts. And a Big Cup of Coffee to was it all down with.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

I love caramel on a hot fudge sundae! People will sometimes ask, "chocolate or caramel on that?" I really don't understand that question. The answer is always, "Yes!"
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup. For a drink a soda float. Maybe a chocolate bar for desert.

What ? Well, yes.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yes it is a perfect combo, people just don't know until they try it. I also do Pepsi Floats with chocolate ice cream and people look at me like I have horns or something.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I kow the feeling. I asked a bartender years ago for a Barq's root beer and rum, instead of a rum and CokeCola, and he looked at me like I was crazy. Then he asked me what a Barqs was. I pointed out he was in Biloxi, the home of that particular soda. The other bartender made me trhe drink.
  12. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Barq's Root Beer is the best! I also like Barq's Red Cream Soda, but it is hard to find where I live.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's tricky even in So. Cal., but at least here we have many, many shops (well, at least a few) where you can get vintage sodas. Sometimes even made with real sugar, instead of that High Fructose Corn Shi -- er, Syrup. ;->

Uwk
    who also loves vanilla for most of its generic mixing potentials, but back in the day whilst working next to a Thrifty's (when they still had their ice cream counter :D), it was always a double-scoop cone of Rainbow Sherbet and Piña Colada for the summer, and Rocky Road and Mint Chip (vanilla-colored, not green, thanks) for the winter (it really doesn't get very cold in So. Cal. in the winter). ;->
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

my favorite herbal soda is " Almdudler " . it is a sods made of grape and apple juice flavored with32 alpine herbs and tastes a little like ginger ale but more fruity with a bit of elder berry cordial.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oooh! Almost sounds like good ol' Norfolk Punch from Britain, which claimed to have a ton of herbs and water drawn for it from the same monastery well that had the original recipe from like the 1300s. Regardless of how much of that was true, it was immensely yummy, hot or chilled, and usually only to be found during Renaissance Faires. Unfortunately, I heard it was bought up by a big soda manufacturer in Britain, and I'm not sure what they've done with it since. :-/

EDIT: Hmm! Well, maybe it's in better hands than I worried about, but still probably not available here. Oh, Feeeeeebrith... :D

Uwk
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well Uwkete I found Almdudler on line in the US even Walmart sells it , but it's a little pricy and it's not that old yet only from 1957.
    I looked it up for you , and yes you can buy Norfolk Punch in the us too lol it costs even more ,
    but you can get almost anything on line .
    And yes the company stayed in the family , it was taken over by relatives.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brilliant! Whew! Thanks! :D

Cool, I'll keep looking; so far, only looked at Amazon for it. $55+ per 750 mL bottle is a bit steep, though. :-/

Uwk
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  18. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I worked on a game with Penn and Teller way way back, geez that must have been 1993? I also got to meet Debbie Harry, Lou Reed and Billy West while working on that game.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Ah, I remember them. Use to play their music to. When I wasn't listening to Janis Joplin.
  20. Noctew Active Member

Wait, what? Did you work on Desert Bus? That..would totally make sense.