Year of EverQuest Pack Discount Extended!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Jul 26, 2019.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Hail and well met Norrathians!

Remember when you opened your first YoE Pack? Those cool drops, that sweet, sweet loot. We’ve extended the introductory discounted price to last through August 30. Get them now, before time runs out! Details HERE!

[IMG]

Reminder: Pride Bunnies end soon, get yours before they hop away!

Reminder: Nagafen 2.0 Launches this Tuesday! Missed the original announcement? Find it HERE!
  2. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Well hello there Dreamweaver! Based on your fancy red name and wielding the title of "Community Relations", will you be the new liaison between we, the community, and whomever we're relating to at Daybreak? Trying to slip in without much fanfare? Hmm?

Thanks for the heads up on the extension - I'd completely forgotten about this YoE pack !

...now I can't get that dang song out of my head !
  3. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

uumm,.. might there be an option of GIFTING these packs to others,.. by chance? :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

Gifting is only for in game purchases made with DBC. If you want to buy someone anything from the website you can always send them a gift card, which they can use to buy the item/subscription/expansion/etc.
  5. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

since DBC can be purchased with real money, the mechanics already exists to make purchase of the Pack with Real Money, and Send to Soandso-PlayerName.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

You just identified two things (DBC and the packs) that can be purchased from the website for money. Neither of those things can be gifted.

You have an easy way to achieve your goal, but instead you want the company to change what they do. That doesn't make any sense.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Snikkety like this.
  7. Alexstrasza Active Member

Every post he makes is about having DBC cater to something he wants.
    Dude and Snikkety like this.
  8. Melt Actually plays the game

but DAAAAAD I CANT FLY
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Arkmarux like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"You will, once you're at the right level. :)"

Uwk
  10. Carribea Active Member

to me it would make sense to have anything made giftable.....i mean it be money in DB's pockets if people could buy all items and DBC for others.
    :)
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

First of all, uncalled for and completely not true. You know nothing about the care and generosity of Ceyarrecks, and attacking people you know nothing about is not at all helpful to anyone, even to you.

Secondly, not at all constructive - if you can't post something constructive, perhaps you should keep your comments to yourself.

Thirdly, gifting of items such as expansions and other items like this used to be a possibility. I do not understand the reasons why these options were removed as it seems a backwards move on the part of the company, and a good alternative method for the company to earn revenue, so why one would choose to shoot such an idea down in the first place is beyond me, unless they really don't want to see the company flourish financially. This is a benefit I think many people would like to see returned to the marketplace.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What she said. All of it.

As for that last, yeah, I often wonder why SOE/DBG (yep, even SOE had been guilty of it sometimes, imho) seems to be allergic to making money. Is it a matter of pride that they rarely take our suggestions on any of their decisions, and frequently spring them on us completely out of the blue with little more than a "It's a done deal, so just smile and deal with it [being polite, excluding any number of possible phrases]. You'll be getting Vaseline Soon(TM)."

I wonder why the extended the sale; not that I'm complaining, mind (finally got one myself!), but I have to wonder how well it was selling...

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Melt Actually plays the game

Dude likes this.
  14. Vasciagio Well-Known Member

It is official... RPGs are now just PGs. Because wanting to actually ROLEPLAY in a ROLEPLAYING game is no longer an acceptable expectation.
  15. Vasciagio Well-Known Member

Ceyarrecks was asking the question of gifting due to me because I am on hard times right now. I know he was wanting to surprise me with it, but I don't want it and I don't want him getting slack from others for trying to do something nice for a friend, me. So. In the end it doesn't matter because I don't want it.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Gifting of things like DBC/SC and expansions was removed due to people using fraudulent credit cards and such and buying a ton of these items and reselling them on websites and then the cardholder reversing the charges but people that had no ties to the use of the fraudulent card had used the codes for the expansions or whatever. It was a nightmare for SOE, it was already gone before DBG took the helm.
    Siren, Dude, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  17. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

The slipping in without fanfare was unintentional but necessary since we had news we wanted to share with you, stay tuned for an official hello!

-dw
    Merriel, Dude, Breanna and 4 others like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cool! Well met, and thanks for the reminder! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Melt Actually plays the game

If you inconvenience yourself then complain about being inconvenienced then my sympathy is significantly lessened.
  20. Vasciagio Well-Known Member

Medical conditions - nerve damage, chronic pains from organ failure, etc. - you classify this as an inconvenience that someone brought on themselves? You don't know people yet you judge them as if you are better. Don't want you sympathy; don't need it. don't judge people before you judge yourself or you might be too late when you are yourself judged.