Would love a head's up

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Soara2, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Soara2 Well-Known Member

As I sit here getting plants on my last 9 characters, I would love a head's up from the dev team on the upcoming expansion, like am I totally wasting my time and these plants won't get the new materials, that information would be real nice, cause I would be doing the CD line on all of them instead if it's a total waste of time.
    Avithax, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Such information usually is subject to change at the drop of a hat, any hat, until the expansion hits. They likely won't give you a response because of this, as they've been burnt before when they said they "want" to do something, only to have something cause that to change before expansion launch. (Folks suddenly scream "You promised!" and stuff like that, even when it was just an individual developer desire, not a "we WILL do this".)

By now, they know the broad outline of what they're going to do in a few months with the expansion, and have the bigger details discussed, but smaller details, like whether a crafting plant gets updated or not won't get finalized for a bit. Even once the beta hits (which I'd guess is well over a month away, and probably more like 2 months away), the small (to them) details like that will be likely to change without warning.

I'd say that if you're going to be doing a lot of crafting in the next few months, the plants from KA, and the autonomous harvesting update to the pony from PoP would be handy -- whether you need a farm of 9 of them or not is up to you. For myself, "most" of mine of Test have both their garden and their fully upgraded pony, but not all of them, because some of them only get logged in every month or two to make something for the others. :D
    Yenk, Hartay, Sigrdrifa and 7 others like this.
  3. Avithax Well-Known Member

+1 to all this and it would also be nice to know if Raffik will be getting an update for Amalgamations as well as the Pack Pony becoming relevant during non-holiday times.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Gninja Developer

The only info that has been released is that we ARE doing an expansion and it will have a 10 level cap increase.
    Snikkety, Hartay, Dude and 9 others like this.
  5. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Thank you for responding. I will try to fit it in before November. I am not an unsatisfied customer, as I always get a response from you guys, and things fixed. I might not like it every single time, but understand the thought behind it. 3 or 4 months is a good chunk of time to tweak things on the next expansion, so I can understand that. Thank you also for my harvest cloak back, no idea when I destroyed or sold it, but I really appreciate getting that back!
    Rosyposy, Dude, Cyrrena and 4 others like this.
  6. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

....wouldn't it be exciting if after [account] completes / accumulates [x+1] number of harvesty plants, that a new "feature" is unlocked, and there's now a 42 percent chance the plant becomes aggro (carnivorous) and attacks / eats you?
    ...likewise with in-house depots.. they turn into a strongbox mimic and ommnom nom nom..
    Snikkety, Whilhelmina, Dude and 4 others like this.
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

LOL um NO!
    Rosyposy, Mermut, Dude and 3 others like this.
  8. Avithax Well-Known Member

But if eaten, you are granted a 2hr +10% to rare harvest buff.
    Cyrrena, Dude, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  9. Ozien New Member

Sounds like a great Bristlebane Day gag. Your house plant eats you when you try to collect your harvests, Bristlebane shows up and has a good laugh then rewards you with a buff.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Dude like this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Would kind of present that element of danger like the forge of death that you could save yourself from as opposed to the mobs in the PoP tradeskill sig line where you could not in any way save yourself if you aggro'd them.
    Dude, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Don't give ideas to Gninja!
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy, Dude and 3 others like this.
  12. Gninja Developer

I like the way you guys think! Wrote it down! *evil grin*
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Back when I ran paper and pencil d&d, my players quickly learned to never make suggestions. My imagination was quite enough as it is.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

We love Gninja, he just appears randomly in threads, even ones we don't think he would ever visit like the Look and Feel thread, that shook Ttobey up when he paid a visit in there.
    Soara2, Yenk, Geroblue and 3 others like this.
  15. Yenk Active Member

Since tier 11 Raffik dont more give new quests to craft the newer raws. :oops:
    Soara2 likes this.