crafting level up process ?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Geroblue, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I know how to level up the character's level.

So how do I get crafting levels up ?

I noticed that the xp potion also works on tradeskills. And I noticed some mention of nails to add to boots in this part of the forum ( if I got that correct ).

Made some items for decorating one of the prestige houses and I noticed the craft xp moved from about 10% to 60% after making around 12 items.

Do the daily craft writs they give out in Iron Forge ?

Pick harder and harder items, etc. to make ?
    Desetibrat, Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  2. Avithax Well-Known Member

Rush Orders until level 90, then follow the Yellow Sig Line brick road https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Tradeskill_Timeline . The items you'll get along the way will be very helpful later on and you can double back for Proof of Pudding and What Dreams May Come.
    Desetibrat and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

I prefer to do the timelines all the way up. They're not as fast as rush ordering.. but, if you don't have a guild hall, they're less material intensive. Also, rush ordering all the way up makes my brain leak out my ears ;)
    You also get nice rewards and AA along the way
    Jaden, Desetibrat, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  4. Avithax Well-Known Member

P.S. Crafting with Vitality is much faster, the same as Adventure XP but as a rule NEVER buy vitality refills. The free one from the hammer is fine but i'm almost certain that refilled vitality disappears much faster than accrued.
    Desetibrat, Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay. I get some Vitality via vet rewards. I've been using those to level up.

I'll look at timelines and rush orders to see what will work for me.
  6. Soara2 Well-Known Member

At level 10 crafting, you can not do orders without doing the Halas/Frostfang sea crafting timeline. After you finish those, you can do work orders until level 20. You have to be level 20 crafting to do the rush orders
    Desetibrat and Cyrrena like this.
  7. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Gero, you seem like the kind that likes to take their time and enjoy....so yes, do what Mermut said. Do the timelines, they are a lot more fun than grinding seemingly endless rush orders. Plus, you get some cool stuff, get to see all the zones, level up along the way and you get to see all the individual things you can make that may have escaped you if your jumping 5 levels at a time. Have fun Mr.Gero!

ps you want to do the adorn, transmute and tinker dalies in your home town to keep those numbers up too.
    Jaden, Desetibrat, Hartay and 3 others like this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay, I will look up timelinews on the wiki.
    Desetibrat, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

I think timelines are better too. You usually get some cool rewards and a lot of times the advanced books for your class too. And yes you get the fun of running around. Grinding writs works well for guild status but after about 1/2 hour you will want to scream. I think your vitality goes a lot quicker too because you're just grinding, if you do the timelines it stays a little bit longer because you're not constantly tradeskilling.
    Desetibrat and Soara2 like this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I tried to rescue Raffik, but wound up having to do a different one first. Then saved Raffik on a deserted island. Got Shartara's Outfitter from 10 to 12.

Then the bad part. I decided to go to tinkerfest. Just ignored the 'find your own way back' bit. Anyway, I got 2 floor tiles. Lots of other characters there, so I decided to leave and come back later after lunch.

Bring up the map, and see an exit to Greater Faydark. Jumped off the cliff, bounced twice, and a big 35th level wolf killed Shartara, and I wound up in Gnomeland Security graveyard. So used a globe of travel and went to Qeynos and got repaired. Wheee !

Didn't have a Succulent running. Hired a merc and will try again later on. I want that wolf taken down.

Anyway, I'll research the Frostfang/Hellas timeline and work on that.

edit: I went to make some Globe of Homecoming. And one ingredient apparently must be crafted. Thats why I used the globe of Norrath travel.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Envoy Tami, I levelled up doing tasks for her.

Went to the drakotas and collususiii in Butcherblock Mountains.

Sharatara is now Warden level 30, Tailor 20.

Hurrah !

Now, I shall take a break. All the little marbles in my head need to cool off most definately.
    Jaden, Desetibrat, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

And took Dragolah in today. Now Templar 24 and Jeweler 22 via Envoy Tami.
    Jaden, Desetibrat, Cyrrena and 4 others like this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I do all the timelines, both Adventure and Tradeskill. All of the Hallmark Quests, Heritage Quests, Signature Quests. Basically anything that is in the achievements tab in my journal.
    Breanna, Soara2 and Desetibrat like this.
  14. Desetibrat Active Member

Soara2 likes this.
  15. Desetibrat Active Member

My highest adventurer is lvl40, but Tailor 99!
    Oh just few days ago I got some gnome (goblin?) that is doing harvesting of any level. Interesting!
    Soara2 and Avithax like this.
  16. Desetibrat Active Member

Soara2 and Avithax like this.
  17. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

No, it's a play on words. The tradeskill signature lines are like the Yellow Brick Road from the Wizard of Oz - they lead you effortlessly through the levels.
  18. Avithax Well-Known Member

The best part is when you lose the Gathering Goblin ;)
    Desetibrat, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  19. Soara2 Well-Known Member

You lose the goblin to get the plant that gets the last two expansion materials. Pack ponies, guild harvesters and goblins do not get those materials. Plant comes from Kunark Ascending Crafting line. I'm hoping it gets the next expansion materials or I might go bald getting a new harvest item. Lol
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Desetibrat, Soara2 and Breanna like this.