Dragonfire is Obviously an EXPLOIT that the Devs Blatantly Choose to Ignore

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Morphius, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Morphius Member

Monk's dps spell, Dragonfire does anywhere from 4 times to 10 times more dps than T1 dps class top dps spells.
    Anytime a player/class is given an unfair advantage over all other players or classes. That is a form of an Exploit.
    Since this has been going on for quite some time, it is obvious that the Devs choose to just blatantly ignore it. I am the top dps in one of the top guilds worldwide and this particular Monk is beating my dps by 4 times to 10 times what I am parsing.
    Heroics single target nameds. 30 bil to 60 bil dps. AoE dps up toward 80 bil consistently. I couldn't believe what this monk was doing so I pulled out my act and looked and 90% of his dps was from Dragonfire.
    Pushing one button to do that kind of dps is just stupid and makes anyone else playing any other class very discouraging.
  2. Obano Well-Known Member

To get that kind of DPS out of Dragonfire they are probably using resets. If Dragonfire is an exploit then so are those reset mechanics that certain classes get. I have seen Monks parse what you are saying but pushing one button, then nah. There is more to it than that. Hopefully class balance will be looked at next expansion and things adjusted up and down so all classes have a role to play.

Note I am not a Monk.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's not an 'exploit' for players to use normal tools in normal gameplay.

Note: I do not play a monk either.
    Hiza, Udonn, Beee and 2 others like this.
  4. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

This isn't an exploit. We have instant spell refresh mechanics baked into certain classes now, we've actually had these for a good while tbh. It's just that their effective use wasn't as noticeable because people theorycrafted them out of the equation, figuring our abnormally fast reuse/recasts were enough.

Class balance, and Ascensions, need a good looking into going forward. Preferably, on the Ascension Front, they should play a much lesser role in our DPS. But the other class stuff needs looking at on a class-to-class basis.
    Jaden likes this.
  5. semisus Does not play this game

If a monk are doing 4-10 times your dmg as a dps then its time to look at yourself and figure out why you do so poorly
    Cyrrena, Dude and Blazen like this.
  6. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

Sounds like sour grapes to me.
    Cyrrena, Blazen and Rhodris like this.
  7. Morphius Member

Semisus obviously doesn't know how to read. The remaining part of my post explains the level of my ability.

As far as sour grapes goes, Kingmob23. All classes have their role and part to play in the game.
    When one particular class is allowed to overstep into another class's ability to the point of where they not only perform their class's function but out perform another class's primary function as well, it makes it very discouraging to play that other class.
    enotirab likes this.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's also not JUST dragonfire... it's elementalist monk using temps to boost the damage of dragonfire
    Udonn, Jaden, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  9. Shadowfoot New Member

Why is anyone Parsing HEROICS (less then min fights) at the End of a Expansion and worried about it?
    Gelenor and Mermut like this.
  10. Jabbso Active Member

Not a monk but that opening post is painful.

All I read is "Another class does more DPS than me, EXPLOIT, NERF THEM, WAH WAH WAH".

Come on, really?
    Udonn, Beee, kingmob23 and 3 others like this.
  11. Earar Well-Known Member

DF is too strong and has been too strong for quite a while.

especially in PoP where monk was also one of the best tanks, they had also one of the best damage ability.

numbers are strong and the reset is really high so u can sometimes chain DF.

first ... monks now are stronger than some dps .. second .. even for the monk, now their rotation revolves too much around DF and its reset .. making the whole kit insignificant.

but it's a choice DBG did ... if they really wanted to nerf it, they would have a long time ago ... so just deal with it
  12. Gematria Active Member

Instead of calling for nerfs, maybe call for buffs for the T1 dps classes that currently struggle a bit? Some are doing fine, especially Assassins can ditch out some insane numbers this expac.

DF was recently nerfed twice, in PoP and at launch of CD. It is still often the top parsing ability for a monk, but just as often is taunts, boneshattering combination and ascensions.
  13. Dolgrin Active Member

1. If you get outparsed 4-10 times by DF on a SINGLE named without adds, then the problem is definitly on your side.
    There are many classes they can outparse monks on single nameds very easy.
    2. An effectiv DF use is not a single hit work. This myth is running around since some years.
    3. Almost all other monk abilitys are dps junk and not worth using them (except Boneshattering, DragonStance (passive) and taunts).
    4. For good DF dps you have to setup more 35+ point of AA (thats 10% of AA) and a focus effect.
    5. You need a good Ascension setup (GM+)
    6. You need at least "Celestial Rune: Chorus of Night" and "Celestial Rune of the Tainted Blade"
    7. DF has to be at least Ancient or Celestial, Rising Dragon hast to be at least GM.
    8. Every 4-6 month there is a troll post DF is too strong.

Conclusion:

IF Dragonfire is to strong for you, you are to weak!!!
    Blazen, Cyrrena, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  14. Morphius Member

Dolgrin YOU ARE AN IDIOT WHO DOESNT KNOW HOW TO READ !!!

I gave general dps parse numbers that this guys putting out on my original post.
    With the ability to instant reset DF, he was parsing those numbers on every fight.
  15. Obano Well-Known Member

Posting some actual parses might be more helpful to the argument you are trying to make than just a few general observations. We have all seen high parsing Monks before but the player base generally doesn't seem to think it is a big deal. But if you are seeing something extraordinary then please post the parse so we can see what you are seeing.
    Blazen, Cyrrena, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  16. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

All I am still hearing is "I was number one and I'm not anymore because of a mechanic that's working as intended, but it's making me not number one anymore so I'm going to call it an exploit!"
    Then your random brag about being the top parser in one of the top guilds...c'mon, what does "top guild" even really mean in this game anymore? Back when there were 30 or more endgame guilds out there literally coming within minutes of each other to get server and global firsts, that meant something. Nowadays...eh.
    You say it's just a one or two button I win move, well, what elaborate DaVinci Code puzzle solving set up are you using? I'm sure you've got your rotation wired to the point where you could do it in your sleep, and you (used to) top parse EVERYONE everytime...that sounds like an exploit if you can be number one every single time.
    Blazen, Roadkillusa, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  17. duckster Active Member

Dragonfire isnt the 1st thing id look at on monk personally if i was a DPS class.

Its the other abilities available to them that inflates the damage potential but ill leave that there...
  18. Redlight Well-Known Member

Because this ability has been disrupting class balance for 2 years now.
    To those with the argument "don't nerf classes, buff other classes!": I want to have the same defensive tools as a monk, while playing an assassin, then.
    Dragonfire is a broken ability that received a random x10 base damage increase for no reason at some random point in time, making monks t1 dps.
  19. Soara2 Well-Known Member

If monks were for sale, you would have just boosted sales. lol
  20. KingDragon Active Member

I dislike these troll posts.... here's some facts.

Dragon fire got an increase along with every other class getting level 100+ damage spells on release of Plane of Prophecy to align everyone with new content.

November 28, 2017 https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?posts/6480085/

There were SEVERAL nerfs to dragonfire following.

June 26, 2018:

ABILITIES

Reduced the base damage of Dragonfire V by 27%

November 13, 2018:

Monk

Reduced the damage of Dragonfire V by 35%.

I was pretty sure I saw another nerf in between the June 26 and November 13 (2018) but I am not finding a patch message on the forums to coincide that information. The skill was already nerfed TWICE, leave it alone already.
    Soara2 and Jaden like this.