Marketplace Items Players might buy

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Character, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Must've missed that one...or my brain deliberately deleted that one. :-/

Uwk
    whose least favorite Doctor on Doctor Who was the 6th one... "Motley Boy" :p
    (not just because of his "taste" in clothes, but the gods know, that didn't help...)
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

I think my least favorite was the old man they just had what was he the 12th I think, maybe the 11th, I'm losing track and it hasn't been on for a while.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The most recent "old man" (other than the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 7th, etc.) was the 12th (loved him; like just about all the rest of 'em, he's perfect for his part ;->); the 11th was a guy everyone deemed "too young" (younger even than Peter Davison had been as the 5th) and "would destroy Doctor Who" because he wasn't as "hawt" as the 10th had been. :-/

Uwk
    who agrees with Da Hubster: loves them all, just not sure likes them all (and is firmly convinced that the 13th'll do; she IS the Doctor, for sure ;->)
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

David Tenet (spellcheck) was my favorite. But yea I'm really liking this female one so far and I didn't think I would. The old man (whatever his name was, never bothered to remember it) to me he just seemed bland.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

David Tennant was cool, yeah, but so was Matt Smith (11) and Peter Capaldi (12). I loved/liked them all, even Christopher Eccleston (9, the Queen's actual favorite ;->), though we didn't get enough of him, poor sod. Still not sure what happened there; Russell T. Davies didn't have any issues about working with him (they'd worked together before Who on other projects), but after his run, the BBC apparently blacklisted him from British TV for a bit. He had to get work in the States in films and such and do stage stuff in Britain, which he apparently preferred. :-/

For a non-bland scene of a kind of a bit of a sequel to the 50th Anniversary episode ("Day of the Doctor"...highly recommend!), with Peter Capaldi, might I recommend this one:

The Zygons are shapeshifters, near-perfect ones, and there was one disgruntled young one who wanted "freedom for her people to be themselves NOW!1!!1!!" on a Level 5 planet (so low level, they're not supposed to know about aliens yet, since they might not handle it well...) where they were refugees, safely in hiding. Like most young idealistic terrorists, she didn't particularly care how it came about, as long as it was immediate and vengeful.

The Doctor, on the other hand, is far more a big fan of peace...always has been, but has more personal reasons for such these days.

Uwk
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yes that's it now you say it I remember it Peter Capaldi, still didn't care for him LOL. Another of my favorites and I'm not good with names sometimes. Was the one that had Rose as his companion. I liked Rose too one of my favorite companions. And Emily Pond another favorite companion of mine.
  7. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Eh, it's entirely possible I'm totally remembering that wrong, or it might have been a drunken conversation at the Atlanta Fan Faire.
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amelia "Amy" Pond; trust me, I've got a toon in here based on her as a Fae Illusionist. ;->

And both 9 and 10 (for a good chunk of his run) had Rose as a companion; the first ever New Who episode was "Rose." :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  9. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

...and special ones for Druids who need to feel connected to the ground...
    Birkenflops of Grounding

[IMG]

And for my monk... traditional Zori

[IMG]

For the Whovians out there... who ALL know Tom Baker was the best Doctor..
    [IMG]
    Jaeded, Rhodris, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nah, nah...if they're gonna be Birks, they gotta have an ankle strap in the back. I'll not wear sandals without 'em. ;->

Complete with wooden soles? Cool! :D

Yep! He was my first. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  11. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Tom Baker was the best!
  12. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Dangling appendages or phalanges isn't necessarily a requirement for a cosmetic is it.... I mean heck, I have to wear pants and I don't have
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ohhhh, sweetie...make a Monk or Bruiser toon and see what kind of Gi outfits those supposedly celibate (?) boys get to wear... ;)

You can definitely tell which toons are male with those on. ;->

Uwk
    who really likes watching her Barbarian Monk boy swimming... :D
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I would love a way to access my bank from within my prestige house.

Otherwise I have to zone out to the city, travel over to the bank, get what I forgot to bring last time, go back across the zone, go back into the prestige house, and try to remember what I was working on.
  15. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Unfortunately, bank access is a guild hall amenity. You can't access the bank from inside a house (ordinary or prestige).
  16. Dude Well-Known Member

If you're on an all access account it's more like fast travel to town, go to bank, get what you need, and then use the housing tab on your character sheet to immediately return to your house.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yeah, I keep forgetting the housing tab is there. First game I have had houses.

But if I did have bank access in my house, well, just think of all of the 'neat' sayings the local NPCs wouldn't be able to tell me. Argh.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

We used to have the option to do that, waaaay back when in the depths of time (back, I think, when we could only have ONE Broker "agent," and if you wanted to sell something from your house so your buyers could avoid the Broker fee [I really, really wish WoW would steal that from us], you had to be online, in-game, with that agent in the house, 24/7); it was something like a really uber-rare bauble thing you had to jump through flaming hoops on a pogo stick with a Slinky spring in order to earn, and I think it was like a physical house item, like the mailboxes you get from the City Festival collectibles. :-/

I think. A buddy who'd been playing EQ2 since Beta had one in one of her toons' houses (back when we could only have 1 house per toon at a time); I think it was still possible to get one when I'd come in back in 2006, but by the time poor Uwk could possibly earn one, they took that away. :-/

Uwk
    who wishes that at least we could have a Tinkered thingee that would bring up an Automated Tinkered Magibanker or something like they have at Gnomeland Security; 5 charges or so, with a really high Tinkering level to make it? Or sold during Tinkerfest on the Marketplace or something?? What would it hurt, o devs? :-/
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  19. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I remember when we used to be able to craft house expanders. Now the only place to get them is for DBC in the Marketplace :(
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's not true; Tinkerers (or is it Sages? Can't recall) can still make the 100-slot house expanders, the last I knew (they can't make 200-slot expanders; I don't recall if they ever could). As a matter of fact, you'd better use one of those; the 100-slot and 200-slot ones from the Marketplace DON'T stack with each other, which is foolish on the part of DBG (for 300 slots, use a 100-slot player-made one, and the 200-slot Marketplace one). :(

You may be remembering the Vault expanders, which we don't need any more, since all houses now have 6 Vault slots. :)

EDIT: Ah, it's a level 70 Sage thing, Dimensional Pocket Expander, from the Danak Arcana Volume II recipe book, according to the Wiki. I hope that's still right; otherwise, the devs had better fix their dang stacking ability on their 100- and 200-slotters. :-/

Uwk