Marketplace Items Players might buy

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Character, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Character Member

Let's give the folks at DBG some ideas worth your cash. Things that already exist that would not take much effort from the dev team to implement and/or re-skin. Here are a couple.

\aITEM -1445662520 2111294000:Wings of the Scorched Skies\/a
    - in other colors like green, black, blue, you could make a rainbow of colors.

The old 2017 eth weapons should sell in the $hop. It was already done with the blazing bow as a choice from the \aITEM -681195426 -939910509:Malevolent Caisson\/a.
    \aITEM 251868874 -542384262:Blazing Bow of Light\/a
    \aITEM -1251225066 -760407232:Mikun, Seeker of Truth\/a
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Why not just let the Player Studio continue. The folks that were contributing to that are very talented and working hard to submit items the players wanted and were purchasing and they had to follow a specific format they were given in order to submit them and have them considered in the first place. So there would have been little work on DBGs part to implement them into the game as the artist had already done the work to DBGs specifications.
  3. Character Member

No one said anything about Player Studio, or ending it....well you did and implied it.

Personally, I have yet to purchase anything made through the Player Studio. While I applaud the attempt to include the players in the creation process, generally speaking, the flavor of the items created has to date been less than spectacular. Not enough 'oomph' for my wallet. Unless of course I've been purchasing items made through the Player Studio that have not been marked as such, I could be wrong. Come to think of it, I don't see many appearance items made through Player Studio, unless of course it is decorators purchasing house items that are making Player Studio worthwhile. This was simply an attempt to get the devs to mix it up with some EXISTING money makers by changing the color of EXISTING item models. No creation process required.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

6. Appearance Flip-flops.
  5. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I'd take any footwear that will actually show on some dresses. I don't like running around on bare feet when using risque dresses...
    Quiarrah, Cyrrena, GrunEQ and 3 others like this.
  6. Soara2 Well-Known Member

How about. /copy. I will pay for it. Lol. Also, if you want my money, sell the recipes for the upgraded expansions. Due to rl, I might have missed a few.
    Cyrrena, Momo, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Really, all the devs would've had to do was go, "Does it tick this box on the checklist? That one? The other one? Brilliant, send it along."

Trust me on this one, everyone in the Norrathian Homeshow forum is very much aware of the death of Player Studio in EQ2 (at least for new submissions; not sure about the other games). I've bought several such items for decorating, but hardly any appearance weapons/armor from there.

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Charge us through the nose for them, make the crafted items still No-Trade, whatever. I know for a fact I've missed at least one. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Momo, Soara2 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Conifur Well-Known Member

Ability to dye gear
    Dyes
    Appearance gear sets from old content
    Hot tub housing item you can actually sit in - with bubbles
  10. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Hairstyles. I understand it was something that was being explored, but never came to fruition.
    Alyndrys, Juraiya, Quiarrah and 5 others like this.
  11. Momo Well-Known Member

+1 to that. I would even buy CE/PEs of Expansions that I missed due to RL, if I could, cuz prestige homes, mounts, mercs... or put that stuff on the MP individually, I would pay for it either way.

Mh, how about the fluff pet section in the Marketplace? Would it be easy to make all availeable Petamorphs into fluff pets and vice versa? It depends a lot on class, what I prefer to buy - I would buy more if everything was availeable in all sections. Also, additional fluff pets? There are so many cute critters running around in Norrath :) With the Release of DoF on Kaladim I wish again for a monkey for instance... there is a petamorph one, but no pet.

And DoF again: Its appearance gear and house items. Neither the clothing of the NPCs nor the decorations inside the Maj'Dul houses (the instances you go for quests) are availeable as tailor or carpenter recipes - I would prefer that, but I would also buy them from MP.

Cool thread! I return when I have more ideas.
  12. Jabbso Active Member

A heritage quest display cabinet with a spot for each reward.

I used to love doing these quests and the sense of achievement on completing them was immense. I miss those days of EQ2.
    Alyndrys, Juraiya, Febrith and 7 others like this.
  13. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

14. Zenji Well-Known Member

A well balanced and properly itemized TLE server, with expansion unlocks less than 3 months apart.
  15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

You'd think those would have already been made since we all live in San Diego.
  16. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

That would require our characters to have toes.
    Febrith, Soara2, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  17. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I know! Aerakyn have toes though.
    Faeonara, Soara2, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  18. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Aerakyn aren't real.
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

God yes. Especially considering things from the last two expansions all look the same across the board. Dyes seem like something that should have been in the game years and years ago.
  20. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

We brought up dyes as far back as classic. We were told the way the armor graphics were done with the various layers that it wouldn't support dyes like EQ1 has. But that was a long time ago so I'm probably remembering that wrong. If it was something easily implemented I'm sure we would have had it back in KoS when armor was so colorfully mismatched that it felt like we were all wearing clown suits. Except paladins. They looked like bananas.