Intentional for contested raid mobs to be easier than Heroic bosses?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Somedude, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Somedude Active Member

Looks like things were not tuned appropriately.

Incoming damage from Cazel the Mad (Heroic): 511.65 DPS

Incoming damage from Barakah (x4 contested): 497 DPS

Note, these are damage samples with characters wearing last expansion gear and using last expansion abilities. Net result, content is EXTREMELY trivial. Once geared they'll be even more trivial.

It appears the tuning was left the same as Nagafen (no blue stat server). Given the stats we have on gear on Kaladim, the resulting challenge level of the content is super trivial, like significantly more trivial than T5 was which was already a phenomenally low bar.

If its intentional for there to be no challenge, that is your choice, but it's hardly rewarding to play.
  2. Xevran Well-Known Member

I dunno about the raids since I haven't done any yet, but the heroics are way too easy. I don't think any of them are even close to being as difficult as Icy Dig. Pretty disappointing.

Edit: And this is with level 50 spells and mostly level 50 gear, I can't imagine how easy they're going to be with upgraded spells and gear.
  3. Somedude Active Member

I agree, heroics are very easy, and epics being even easier, I think we have a problem.
  4. Zenji Well-Known Member

Going to be a very long 16 weeks, if nothing changes.

Even if you ignore the population decline that is expected from the game we do no speak of, releasing it's Classic server the end of August. This server is going to end up a ghost town before we even get to the "good stuff". (KoS, EoF, RoK.. etc.)
    Lexxah, Schmetterling and Shihan like this.
  5. Shihan New Member

Hey, I almost died one time in Ancient Table when I accidentally pulled 10 encounters at 51. I was nervous for a second.
    Arielle Nightshade and Bekkr like this.
  6. Tobias Fünke Member

Devs, please make it harder. Please. A lot of people have been looking forward to the expansion and having at least some of the content be difficult is what makes it fun for longer. It's not like there are *that many* people playing, and most of them know all the ins and outs of the game at this point. Give us a challenge or they're going to leave... please.
    Bekkr likes this.
  7. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I have spent all of 1 hour playing DoF mass pulling. The entire lifespan of Kaladim nothing hits hard, nothing is challenging, guardians are obsolete, so many people solo farming named. My main has been shelved for months and no reason to f with it now.
    dirgenoobforreal and Bekkr like this.
  8. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

My level 50 Templar (decently geared, but not amazing, but does have Prismatic) solo killed a level 53 ^^ Broog the Banished without even breaking a sweat, with plenty of power left over and without almost dying even once. That's a pretty good indicator of how soft the mobs are.
  9. Somedude Active Member

I've been watching my kid run around and solo most of the heroic instances on his wizard...

So I guess raid content became group content, group content became solo content.
    Zenji likes this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I always complained about things being to hard and without groups you could not do anything it took me for ever to level up my Templar to level 40 last expansion.
    But hell this expansion I was level 60 from 50 in only 2 days , what do we have 16 weeks for if your at endgame ( for some )
    in a view hours ?( for others days )
    O I know it will probably take me a week to do Peacock and another to do the factions most of the time I can spend harvesting , at least that has not changed .
  11. Bekkr Well-Known Member

I'm as casual as they come but this is ridiculous. I feel ripped off tbh.
  12. Chimeron Member

aw my post was deleted, how cute. lol
  13. Byron Member

People who continually play on PVE TLEs must have a special kind of madness, because historically it's been literally impossible to balance content and preserve players. At least PVP adds a dimension which means people log on more than for two weekly raids and a daily broker check.
  14. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

It's not impossible. Somehow Daybreak just continues to fail at it.
  15. Satyr Well-Known Member

Sure it is. If you think back to the release of KoS on Stormhold (ignoring the broken raid content). Heroic content could be mass pulled at level cap with full AA, but you still had to be careful in instances particularly while leveling. People here complained that as necros with no gear and no AA in the high 50s they died to solo mobs in TT. Same deal with raid content, there are players who want reasonable difficulty i.e. you can't just fall asleep at the keyboard while others think they are entitled to see all content in the Xpac. You have two competing player bases with two different sets of preferences. DBG has chosen to make one of those groups happy.
  16. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Since we are experienced TLE/Vanilla server users, I wonder if The Game We Do Not Speak Of's player base knows what they are in for. It's like that first time you saw the Millenium Falcon go light speed, you just can't see that again with the same sense of wonder.
  17. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

At the same time, developers of said game have probably assigned more people to that project that Daybreak has on it's entire staff roster.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  18. Zenji Well-Known Member

I am sure there are some Rose tinted glasses fans, that will be disappointed. But the main gripes we have in the TLE servers for this game, are not the same ones people will have for Classic.

Much of that is do to what MightyMeaghan referred too. The team resources they have available for classic dwarfs what DBG has access too.
  19. Hogwash New Member

Byron,

The EQ1 TLE's have been a bit easier than when they were live, but were still fun and challenging. The people there stay long term to get to the content they loved... It should be the same on EQ2 TLE....

Maybe this was done on accident, but in Shattered Lands there were two raid encounters that were challenging for the players which led guilds to gear up, pharm content, and git gewd. There doesn't seem to be that same challenge in DoF.

I personally 7 manned Terrorantula yesterday with out much issues... same with Barakah. Im hoping that the update today will include a massive buff to all content... but im not holding my breath... The EQ2 team at DBG has time and time again proven they just don't care about the health and wellfare of their TLE servers... which makes me sad, because they are so fun.

The only way you can justify making the content this easy is if people are only given 2 months to consume it. Which i know the majority of the server agrees with. I can only hope something changes soon, or ill end up playing the game who shall not be named instead of enjoying Norrath for the next few years.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  20. Byron Member

Keep in mind Hogwash, that was posted before DoF release.