stop sharing room vault across properties ?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Geroblue, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Turns out I broke something in the new UI I installed. I got it working again. Only glared at the computer a 'few times'.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, still broke. For one or two characters. The rest it works fine. Digging through various things trying to figure it out.

No / chat anything for at least one character. Rest are fine.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Admirable restraint! :D

Could it be the settings for that character? I know that if/when (when, let's face it...when) I make a new character, if I don't load a UI setting from another, existing toon, then I have to wrestle about with changing a bunch of my presets...very frustrating.

Of course, I could be just remembering what happens on my other accounts, whose paths aren't worn into solid stone yet... :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Got it fixed by copying the main xml file over the two broken ones. Not I can use / commands on those two accounts.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Now I can use, not I can use. Still tired from my visit to relatives, but I am not as tired today.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I was going to say there is a slash command to load the UI from the working character to all the other characters you create or already have. I always do that when I make a new one. The command is:

/load_uisettings

A box will pop up and it will give you a list of character names and you pick the one you want to load the ui settings from.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brilliant! Not just when I create a new toon? Cool (saving this page to a file...)! :D

Uwk
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Good, because my XP and other icon bar at the screen bottom are different lengths for some reason. Need to locate which one is all the way across, and load the others to match that one.

Some are only half the screen. Hard on my eyes.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Gee, I just didn't notice. Have to click the button at the top of the Dungeon Maker page in Character to start the instance.

Still twiddling with it. How do I store items in a dungeon ? A depot ?

The dungeon I'm working on currently will be on Maj'Dul. This one could be an adventure... or storage. Depends on if I can figure it out or not. Probably should visit several. Time to log off for the day.
  10. elflover Well-Known Member

Most use the dungeons for house item storage..you just place the items down as you please and then pick them up when you ready to use them. Also not a bad idea to add alts on same sever to the access list so they can place items as well. I would keep items that are bound to a character in their own homes because alts wont be able to pick them up.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The way I understand it is, if you want to make a dungeon where even the denizens will be after YOU (I think; again, not really clear on the process), then you place the NPCs here and there where you want them. If you don't want them bothering you, just don't place them...I think.

And there's a way to just scoop up all the "set decorations" that come with a dungeon; I'm just not sure how to do it. I got helped with it once, but it didn't sink in. :-/

At any rate, once you clear out a place (even if you're going to do an adventure dungeon, you might want your own placement of everything), then you can do whatever. There was one storage dungeon I had, long ago, where I put all the stuff in the front room when you first come in; smaller than some of the others deeper in, but it was a complex layout with lots of rooms. Faeonara showed me her favorite layout (I think it had something to do with lizards or scales or something) that only had four main rooms, and the third one was the biggest, so I went and got one for myself. She showed me how to move both the entrance and exit portals to the biggest room, and started putting some "starter sets" of furniture in there for me, which was very cool. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

The furniture, and braziers, can be moved just like regular house/Inn furniture.

I almost put something on the floor, and the old 'Destroy yes or no' popup came up. So I don't know if I can just place things on the floor, doesn't seem so.

I don't remember off hand, but I think there were around 10 layouts. Lets see: Crushbone 1 through 5; Lair of Scale 1 through 3 are the ones listed on the one screen shot I did. There are several labelled Mistmoore to.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Lair of Scale! Yeah, that was it. :)

One of those Lairs has a very limited layout, which is great if all you need it for is storage. Still get 2000 slots that way, which is why folks love them as "warehouses." ;->

Uwk
    who just uses the 7-Year Veteran free Mistmoore Crags Estates as warehouses at the moment...
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have 2 years to go before I get the 7 year vet reward prestige house.
  15. elflover Well-Known Member

Sometimes when your placing it thinks your dragging an item out of bag to be destroyed, happens to me a lot. So yes you can place items on the ground in the dungeon.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yahooo ! Yeah, that 'destroy' popup does puzzle me as I don't seem to be doing anything different when it shows up, or doesn't show up. Thanks. I'll move a bunch of items to one of the dungeons.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

try right clicking the item in your bag and selecting place so you do not get the destroy pop up.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Ah, okay. As I did get the destroy popup in Poet's place when I tried to just drag and drop. Those bobbing ceiling lights startled me for a bit.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Still trying to get Group Loot off one of my Accounts.

Now I have to select which character to give it to. Its only my character, a merc, and the hare familiar. Hare doesn't need loot unless it has feeding problems, or girl friends, and the undead merc doesn't likely need it either... unless he has a sweety back at the crypt.

Anywho, so how do I take it back to loot just for my characters ?

Thanks.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Er! Not sure; I almost always have the opposite problem in how to get it from Loot All to letting others have a chance at it during the very few times I actually group. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.