Housing this and that question

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Geroblue, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay, I looked over the prestige station cash houses. ( Second oldest account has 23 loyalty coins... I may get one of the loyalty houses, but cannot get a tour from the purchase window. It just says rent free and 900 items.)

Anyway, some, no mount indoors. X-ed off my list: Uncanny Estate, Maj'Dul Vacation Suite, Maj'Dul's Astronomer's. That huge planetarium... more room on that floor would be better, but no mount.

Some, cannot look out doors. I realize its in game outdoors, but I think a few windows where a player could look out would be nice. Particularly those of us with large screens to look at.

Below houses, I can ride a mount hither and yon.

Felwithe mansion: nice. I gave it one check mark on my list. Roomy.

Isle of Refuge: I gave it two check marks. Couldn't get to the lighthouse. That would be a plus in my book. I happen to like light houses. And couldn't get all the way up into the tree house. Cave was interesting. But why the graveyard in a place of refuge ? Really wanted to at least get out to the lgiht house, even if I couldn't walk up the stairs. And does it shine a light at night ? That would be great to.

Darklight Mansion. one check mark. I realize its for evil characters, but a version for good characters, or the ability to brighten it up a bit and get rid of the ghosties and add birds instead, would be nice. I guess I could turn off the music by muting my television. Bluebirds maybe, not ravens nor vultures. Large building, but seems the stairs take up lots of room. Maybe too much. Took me a minute or so to find the stairs up. Almost took it off my list because I thought it was one floor available in a multi-floor building.

The Grotto: I don't remember if I could ride my mount in there or not, but well, no 'dry' areas and no ability to look outdoors. Gurgle gurgle.

Most are large. I like that.

But the ability to at least look outdoors of the house is good. Probably why I'll shut down any Inn rooms and move those items to the house I get. Inn rooms have windows, but I guess they are instances and have no actual look out of doors.

Anything I missed ? Any suggestions of which is better than I said ? Worse than I said ?

Thanks for your assistance !
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  2. Seefar Well-Known Member

Not sure what you're saying here. Inn rooms have windows (but there's no view outside)? A canny decorator can make a window for you that looks like it has a view outside -- I have one in my inn room, in Fish's Alehouse & Inn, Qeynos Harbor (upstairs, second door on the right) (Halls of Fate server), it was made by Spellena.

Oh, and by the way, if it's the rent on inn rooms that's bugging you, get yourself four Treasure Hoards from the loyalty merchant. That'll bring your rent down to nil :)
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Rent is not a problem... its the lack of room.

The two prestige houses I like so far I can look out the window, and see the part of the zone I was just in.
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

Have you checked out the houses in Qeynos or Freeport? I forget if you're good or evil but those are really roomy. Take a tour of those and see if you like them. You can go outside off the balcony and see Qeynos. They are the 2 big houses by the Mage Tower and the zone for Qeynos harbor it has the housing portal in between them. You do have to buy them though and have rent and stuff but they have 4 floors.
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  5. Seefar Well-Known Member

Do what I did... expand your house simply by adding portals to your new homes :)
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

If I could portal between Inn rooms owned by multiple characters/different accounts on the same server...

Anyway. I think Mistmoore for the prestige house, and Isle of Refuge for the loyalty points.

Maybe do Mistmoore purchase later this week. And get enough loyalty to get Isle later, maybe next week.

I don't want to make a snap judgement on this and then regret it later.

Anyway, its supper time, and maybe nap time.

I have some other things to do tomorrow, so may or may not check back in here on Wednesday.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. Soara2 Well-Known Member

You can get the mara estate by doing the tour quests for the Panda (sundered frontier by wizzy spires) on any subscribed character. It has blocked out windows though. You can use your mount in it though, and you can get it for 0 copper from the merchant on all your characters on that account. Even though you don't need it for a long time, doing these quests gives you free ascension levels also (level 15, 11 and a 5 boost) for each character on the account at level 101. You can also get a familiar and a decent inquisitor mercenary from them as well as some house items, familiar level boost and adornments. You only have to do it on one character to flag the whole account.
    Dude, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 1 other person like this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Back from my trip to visit relatives.

I looked over all of my characters and now to do the spreadsheet so I can compare.

One of my accounts has the most station cash and the most loyalty points. So its likely I'll have that one as the owner to the station cash prestige house on one server. And the loyalty points house on the other server.

I have one character on Skyfire and one on Maj'Dul on most of my accounts. And some with several characters on Maj'Dul. Not all characters are listed on my web page in my .sig.
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Like Soara was saying, if you take a character on your subscribed account to Sundered Frontier, you can either use Fast Travel from the mini map or a wizard spire then walk over to the Panda and do his Summer 2017 quest Series you can get the Mara Estate and a bunch of other stuff for 0 copper when you complete it. Then if you do his Summer 2018 quest Series you can get the Tinkerer's House and a bunch of other stuff for 0 copper when you complete it. There are 9 deco packs for each quest series with some very nice decorations in them. Each quest series is a set of discovery locations. There are walkthroughs on the wiki for each of them. I highly recommend doing this as your entire account is flagged by one character completing the series. So every character on that account no matter what server and no matter when you create them will be able to go to the little Panda named Pas Yu and purchase all the items he has available. The quest Panda is named Yun Zi.
    Soara2, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I likely don't have that expac...

Anyway. I made a decision.

Station cash house; Maj'Dul server, Isle of Refuge Prestige.

Still cannot get out to the lighthouse, and the door on the tree house, nor the door where the reflecting pool and fire pit is located, don't open.

But I did find the tower had a basement. Didn't even realize that was there.

Have lots of goodies on various characters/accounts so I'll have to email them or make a trustee. Lots of floor pieces, dividers, chairs, etc. from the last special event.

Owner character placed a simple candelabra on the rocks out by the ship. Not thyere now... have to log the owner character in and look for it. A character I had set up as friend didn't see it, but did see the items added to the ground floor of the tower.

And the waters are good for working on swimming skill.

So I have Public Visitor set up for this house.

Oh, doesn't look like the DraqUI inventory thing inventories house/inn vault locations. Just that character's packs, bank, and shared bank.

Currently working on inventory all my characters, stats, etc. so I can see which one has what. So i'll be busy with thatr, eat supper and get some sleep. Still tired from the visit to relatives.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

Gero I don't believe you need any expansion for the Panda quest Cy was talking about. That is a summer event thing you can do.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

My thought might be due to something in character select. Don't think I bought an expac yet.

Check into it when I can.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

According to the fandom wiki, its Journal level 100.

I have no idea what that means.

But Sinking Sands is for level 45 and up. My highest character right now is 25. It appears I should wait until my characters are higher level.
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Sundered Frontier is an area that is within the FtP areas so even if you never bought any expansions, you can get there. When you can fly, if you have any of the mounts that allow you to fly at level 35, you can easily do Yun Zi's quests as they are discovery locations so you can fly, you may have to dip low to catch a certain point but they are reachable by flight.

Congratulations on your new Prestige Home. Have fun decorating it, I am sure you will love it.
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have several Inn 'gee you found it' 2 items that will look great in there...

Are there little sign posts, or some sort of note capability, I can use to label a room or area ?

Things like 'Neon Room' or 'Barbeque Area ! Bring your own drinks !'.

Notes like that.

Or a way I can connect to the Banker from the prestige house ?

Thanks.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I need to look over the DarqUI inventory listings...

Account I chose to buy the Isle house... one character has things I can put in there. So I wound up adding several characters from another account as trustees.

So far, I have two simple candelabras at the entrance of the tower.

The lighthouse does shine at night and the light rotates. Can't find a way to get up there though. Maybe fly later on at 35, but it looks like the zone ends and its just for show, the lighthouse.

Bought two koi, put them in the pond. They sank to the bottom. Looked them over more closely, and they are for the house floor... but that wouldn't look right either. I'll just leave them in the pond.

Didn't see any room labels in the station store, but I could have missed them.

Saturday, I'm going to look at some movies on dvd I bought in the past. Time to relax.
    Faeonara, Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  17. elflover Well-Known Member

There are crafted signs and signs you can get during some events. http://eq2furniture.com/ The website there has most of the house items and usualy says where you can get them. Some people will sell some on the broker but its cheaper to gather the rares/materials for them and make yourself.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Bookmarked ! Thanks.

Five characters have added things to Dragolah's Isle of Refuge. Some are where they should be...

Like Oceansfull items next to the stream and tree house. Brain coral and the Fire summer event items on the wood deck with the little hut.

Maybe make more lights next week. Hanging a candelabra is a pain.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Updated my site to show 8 screenshots of my Isle of Refuge. Only one shows my additions.

There are 3 Dojo portals back to Qeynos. Two are easy to find.
  20. Breanna Well-Known Member

Gero if you pick up the fish and hold down control when you are placing them and the mouse wheel you can lift them up off the floor so they don't sit in the bottom of the pond. Well don't hold down the mouse wheel lol the mouse wheel will move them up or down.