Tradeskill Levelling 100+

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Maverix, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Maverix New Member

Been happily leveling my crafter and once I got to 100 i noticed leveling was a tad slower.. but then noticed the Rush Orders/Trade Writs i were getting was 99, then jumps to 110.. leaving a gap in between.. is this right? I've had my little goblin gathering 100-109 items, which are not being used... is there something i need to do to unlock Tradeskill Writs from 100-109.. if so, would be grateful in finding out where.

Thanks in advance all.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Crafting writs is extremely slow one you hit 100 and yes the next is 110. You will have to harvest in Plane of Magic for materials for those new writs. Fastest way to level is do the Plane of Magic tradeskill timeline. You will easily reach 110 crafter before you even finish it.
    Dude, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  3. Maverix New Member

Thanks mate. Glad i'm not missing anything.
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  4. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Writs are not "extremely" slow 100-110. Not necessarily that exciting (which probably makes them seem slower), but not that bad. All my 110 crafters did the rush order tradeskill writs to level* and with the Hand of the Maker and other tools, each one took less than a week of intermittent play time to get to 110.

*I refuse to do the PoP tradeskill timeline on principle, it's so screwed up.
  5. Maverix New Member

I'm 102, and have 99 and 110 available.. will i get a rit in between if i level slightly?
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

No, you won't. They jump straight to 110 with nothing in between. And you will be making the same 4 items repeatedly. They are not difficult to make, though.
  7. Melkior Well-Known Member

Slow is relative. A week of intermittent play is slower than an hour doing the timeline (which is all it takes me to get to max level). However, if you don't like the timeline, or have trouble dodging mobs, or don't like that, writs are way more straightforward and probably relaxing.

For what its worth, I really only do the timeline because the rewards are so useful. If I'm going to go after the rewards, I might as well get the leveling along the way.
  8. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I hit 110 on part 2 before it's finished so you don't have to finish the PoP line if you really don't want to do all 5 parts. Just have to use the hammer after the first experience on part one. You get experience twice for these parts. You could even do part one then rush orders to 110. Now with vet bonuses you just need to get part 1 done.

I've done part 1 and 2 30 times. Part 3 and 4 is hard for me. You only die in part 2 if you fall. You can die a lot on part 1,3, 4, 5.

It takes a lot less materials to do the timeline
    Laaw and Breanna like this.
  9. Avithax Well-Known Member

The bonuses for doing the KA and PoP timelines are so nice I can't imagine why anyone would have an issue doing them. Spending a day or two doing them results in a fantastic harvesting mount, cutting your harvesting time by more than half, a seventh bag designated for crafting materials and fuels only and a familiar with lots of great stats. Add in the CD timeline and you get 2 items that will hold 7 nails for crafting/harvesting and access to the daily quests and the Anchorage quests which reward nicely for crafters.

Not to mention the PoP timeline which with a potion will take you up to 110 before you finish the second stage.
  10. Melkior Well-Known Member

It's because she does not enjoy dodging mobs and prefers to craft. She is far from the only crafter I've heard make that complaint. I don't mind it so much, especially for the rewards. But several prominent crafters on these forums have mentioned repeatedly how disappointed they were in the timeline. Having done it multiple times (I'm an altaholic), I can say it gets way easier after the first attempt or two, but for some it just was way too miserable for them to want to complete it.

Edit: I realize I committed an error in trying to state for others, what their rationale for not doing the Timeline is. If I misrepresented, or outright butchered your positions, I apologize and please correct me. I was just attempting to explain some of the reasons I have seen here why some actively avoid it.
    Soara2, Rhodris, Xianthia and 2 others like this.
  11. Avithax Well-Known Member

Thank you for clarifying this, However just about from the beginning of the crafting series dodging mobs has been a requirement in order to get the better crafting boost items. Take the original epic, remember Bathezid watch faction on a crafter? Or earning 40K faction with Thurgadin by doing the quest once a day to get the shawl? (I remember them vividly because I did them on a PvP server which resulted in toons 80 levels higher strolling by the crafting tables on a regular basis and killing me for fun).

My point is that it isn't intended to make you have to fight, just about every Sig line pits you avoiding mobs that are immortal and will 1 shot all but very well geared toons. The rewards are there for those who choose to take on the challenge.

My only issue is with the dolt who thought 5 minute long crafts were a good way to enhance the Quests.
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. Soara2 Well-Known Member

She is not me. I have only issue of Time with way too many characters and ts signature lines needed. Hands be hurting so that doesn't help. Oh I knocked out tonight 2 more of part 3, wasn't as bad as I remembered. Still have 16 though. The CD one is long, only did it once in full. Again, time...

Now, if you do KA first you get a plant that harvests the crud for you to do the PoP line
    Avithax and Breanna like this.
  13. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Also I think the difference between the older lines and the PoP ones were that we could get to max level before and just kill them by ourselves. PoP can't do that unless you are mega Uber on each character. I did find that annoying seeing how I only leveled my crafters to kill the mobs while doing the crafting lines. I had to upgrade to MC gear on 4 alt sk to 2 box the rest for CD crafting line. Lots of harvesting. I'm not one to avoid mobs either, much rather kill them and go
    Avithax and Breanna like this.
  14. Avithax Well-Known Member

Doing Anchorage quests must be a nightmare for you. It finally got to the point where I made the macro to harvest while flying so I could avoid fights or it would take 5 times as long.
    Rhodris likes this.
  15. Melt Actually plays the game

Could you elaborate on that? My harvest macro is a lot better than the darqui harvest helper, but I can't get it to work while flying. Thanks!

I mean, I have no issues with harvesting, I can just ward through all enemy attacks, but just for speed's sake.
    Soara2 likes this.
  16. Breanna Well-Known Member

I don't have any special macro's but I do have darq not sure if it makes a difference or not but all I have to do while flying is target the node and the type /use and it works everytime.
    Soara2 likes this.
  17. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

That's the command my harvest-while-flying macro has - /use.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  18. Breanna Well-Known Member

Mine works without having to make a macro :D
    Soara2 likes this.
  19. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

To clarify back on the original subject.

The xp needed for level 100+ (both adventuring and crafting} is a massively steep, utterly no comparison leap from what you saw at 99 and below. Any quest in pre-PoP content (which includes level 99 writs, which use prep-PoP mats) won't budge your xp bar enough to say so. This also means tinkering/transmuting/adorning dailies, which have xp amounts suitable for 99 and below, don't give enough to say so when you're at the 100+ part of the xp curve.

There is only one batch of writs using the PoP mats, and they are level 110 or 106, depending on what number you are looking at where. If you are going to do the writ-grind, though, these are the writs you want to be doing (the number is not the level at which you can get them, but rather the level used with regards to quest xp and status earned.)

The PoP crafting sig line, while it has nice rewards and a HUGE amount of xp, isn't for everyone. I get that. If you DO decide to go questing, I recommend watching the videos, so you can see where stationary mobs, and pathing mobs are likely to be. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJ1nVWBorBdVHxyxEKf01mphgy1wnWtgl

If you decide to go the writ route, then make sure you're doing the level 100-something writs, and nothing lower.

(Dear, sweet Bristlebane, if you suddenly decide at level 100+ that you don't like your crafting profession, "just" make a different alt the new profession. Respeccing a 100+ and re-grinding through the levels means you will HAVE to level via writs for 100+ ... period, as crafting quests aren't repeatable other than writs and dailies.)
    Soara2, Xianthia and Breanna like this.
  20. Soara2 Well-Known Member

lol no I don't do them on my alts sporting freebie gear. Just my mains. Anchorage quests. Fantastic tip for flying and harvesting though. I will use that
    Breanna likes this.