Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

On the cloak rewards for Great Balls of Fire, the Cloak of Clockwork Dreams only grants something like 1 Primary Attributes, and nothing towards the actual Tinkering skill (ironically), which is probably just as well. Do the other cloaks do the same now, or did I choose poorly? Not that it helped back in the day; getting a 25 boost to one's Tinkering skill was meaningless if it meant you couldn't use that to Scribe the Tinkerfest recipe blueprints. :-/

Uwk
    Kaitheel, Kasa, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

AAAAAAAAAh thank's for clearing up this confusion
    I knew I should's not be talking about something's I's have not tested yet.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol I still had a hard time to find the spezial mode of transportation to further the quest .
    I the skystrider was working right you would end up in the right place to find the disc to take you to where you need to go to find the parents of the really big egg.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're right, we're all speaking of a flying thing that brings us to places but it's unclear which one we're talking about (I was speaking of the Skystrider myself)

The Skystrider is broken (puts you at 0,0,0 in SS from Moors, and somewhere over the marsh from Moors to SS). That one has been an ongoing bug for years, if the dev working on this kind of stuff could give a look it would be nice (it breaks on Test AND Live)

Once I evaced from the 0,0,0 point in SS, I flew to the Skystrider dock and found the disk/pad/skiff that brought me to the isles were the harpies are which worked just fine, and return path was fine too (then I took the Skystrider and it failed as expected).
    So the pad you put in for the event works perfectly fine, it's the Skystrider itself which breaks. And if you have flight, it's easier to go to the isle directly instead of getting back to the Skystrider dock and take the skiff.

So suggestion:
    1/ Either a dev-that's-not-you can fix the Skystrider and everything is fine quest-wise
    2/ or the quest should point to getting to SS real docks (and not Skystrider docks) through the bell and the skiff should be moved there.

Currently, we understand the quest as saying that "we should take the Skystrider to find a hint which is the skiff which brings us to the harpies "(which is what is intended). Except that we cannot take the Skystrider and need to fly/walk back to the Skystrider docks to take the skiff (it's safe for lowbies anyway) and go back to the real docks when the pad brings us back to go to Moors.

tl;dr: quest is designed to use the Skystrider except the the Skystrider is broken which makes that part of the quest at best unintuitive/ at worst a hassle.
    fix: fix the Skystrider OR move quest disk/pad/skiff to real docks (near bell)
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Whoops. The great stat balancing binge hit yet more tradeskill stuff, sounds like. All of the varied Tinkerfest clockwork cloaks (quested, crafted) probably need fixing to once again have +tinkering on them, for all the use that does. (which is, essentially no real use). I will try next week to dig out info on all of them so we have the names and what they had on them so they can be fixed, if someone doesn't beat me to it.
    Kaitheel, Breanna, Xianthia and 3 others like this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

nobody can beat the GREAT NIAMI <3 <3 <3 anybody who brings this up only saw the idea here .
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks! :D

I'm pretty sure all my other, older Testers have the cloaks already, but I haven't checked out the old ones yet.

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Kasa like this.
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

We ran the CL PQ without problem and pretty fast (we were a lot, ended up with 1h56 left!). We had 5 rounds of pillars.It went very well.
    PQ drops Planar quintessence and not CD coins, not sure if intended.
    Kaitheel, Chrol, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  9. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting that, I meant to after PQ but I had to hurry to live for raid.
  10. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you for the added details. I have altered others of the Skystrider issues, and how it's impacting content and player experience, and the quest journal was changed a few days go to help point players to the skiff at the launch dock, no matter how they enter the zone, or where they are dropped off. That quest journal change will be coming to Test with tomorrow's update.

~ Kaitheel
  11. Kaitheel Developer

Niiiice catch. I have forwarded all of the exact cloaks I could find with this issue to Caith. I'm not sure if they will have the tinkering added back to them in time for tomorrow's update, but the fixes should be coming!

~ Kaitheel
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Meh; not sure if that's gonna be necessary, since it was pretty useless to begin with. I always had to be very careful not to even have it in my Inventory bags when I wanted to grind up my Tinkering to 25 so I could scribe the actual recipe books. If the game thinks you already have a 25, it's an exercise in futility trying to do the dailies to get your actual Tinkering up...and the Cloaks never counted for being able to Scribe the books. Very sneaky, since the level needed and the bonus were exactly the same. ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  13. Kaitheel Developer

Looks like we've got some good news on this subject heading our way, thanks to Bunji!

~ Kaitheel
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Yay!

*brings a huge platter of cookies to Bunji*
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

We'll be able to really use it again? :D

Cool! :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Er, are you folks doing that RIGHT NOW, because I cannot get in to Test at all past the login screen; keeps giving me the typical "Trying login server #1" nonsense and graciously giving me the option to get the hell out while I can. :(

If we could at least get to Character Select and see all our toons in red, that'd be one thing. :-/

Uwk
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aaaaand just got booted for my temerity, back to "Trying login server #1" level. >:-/

Uwk
  18. daicia Well-Known Member

I don't know if I am having a middle-aged brain blank or what, but I'm stuck on a step in A Clockwork Snafu: the step to find fishing clockworks. I have looked everywhere in Timorous Deep for the fishing clockworks and/or alleged Yha-lei attackers with no luck. Am I even in the right zone? I only ever remember Yha-lei being in TD. I only remember that MOB being in Fens. What am I missing? This is where the journal says to go. :/
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. daicia Well-Known Member

I meant I don't remember them being in TD, I only remembered them being in Fens.
  20. Pumpkin Member

So Steamfront will be open on Kaladim?

Or will this simply be harvesting cogs in Freeort and Qeynos to use on the merchant in those zones?