Fire Up! Scorched Sky Celebrations Return!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Scorched Sky Celebration Are Back!

The pyres of the Scorched Sky Celebration have been ignited once more, and worshipers of Fennin Ro and his son, Solusek Ro, can be found celebrating their gods across all of Norrath!

During this special celebration, the devotees of Flame are offering a chance for all to rejoice in the primal power of Fire and Flame, with no grudge towards those who have embraced other deities. They believe that within the flames all mettle is tempered, both literally and figuratively. That which is weak, distracting, and fleeting will be burned away in battles against fire elementals, leaving only the strong, pure, and resilient.

From Wednesday, June 26, 2019 at 12:01 AM PT until Monday, July 8, 2019 at 11:59 PM PT, you'll be able to join the devotees of Flame for this fiery celebration.

[IMG]

If you're looking to learn a bit more about what's in store before facing the inferno, read on for details about the celebration's unique events and rewards!

Where to Celebrate:

You can partake in the fiery festivities by finding a fire worshiper in one of the following areas:
    • Antonica
    • The Commonlands
    • Darklight Wood
    • Lavastorm
    • The Pillars of Flame
    • The Sinking Sands
    • Butcherblock Mountains
    • Great Divide
    • Tranquil Sea

Quests:

Lend a hand in kick-starting the celebrations or help care for cold-bloodded creatures attracted to the flames in the following quests:
    • Festive Fireworks - Speak with a Fireworks Coordinator in any player city.
    • The Heat Is On - Speak with Limora Roamhill in Darklight Wood.

[IMG]

Achievements:

Face the fire elementals to become tempered by the flames and earn a title!
    • The Scorched

Collections:

Complete this event collection and you'll be handsomely rewarded!
    • Corilac Gems

Buyables:

There are a number of new, red hot items that you'll be able to purchase during the celebration including:
    • Frock of Flame Armor Crate
    • Cracked Lava building blocks
    • Petamorph Wand: Ravenous Hellhound
    • Fire-themed house decorations
    • A variety of hot plushies
    • And more to get you fired up!

[IMG]

TLE Servers:

No participation on Kaladim.

Want to learn more about the events and rewards available this Scorched Sky? Take a look at some of the helpful guides available from these fiery Fansites:

The celebrations are all ablaze, so head on out and enjoy the Scorched Sky before the festivities end on July 8, 2019!
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the stuff we get new is really awesome . That little picture is not doing those items justice.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Oh no....not yet another event.....
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

jesh another it was introduced last year and you get's nice new things this year I's have seen them on the Public Test Server
    Theys are way pretty.
  5. Theunholy New Member

The collection reward will be BIS ..... Not!
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the collection is from last year , I forget what it was.
  7. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Is there a new recipe book for Scorched Sky?
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Carynn Well-Known Member

No recipe books. A ton of building blocks, though, and it's easy to earn coin farming elementals.
    Soara2, Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Occam Well-Known Member

The petamorph illusions are tiny! I'd love to see them made a little bigger, at least the same size as the elementals that are part of the achievement event. Better yet, make them bigger, and allow us to shrink them to the size of the event elementals with our shrink pet spell. :)
    Soara2, Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

2 kinds of building blocks lava tiles and a fire bridge and the building blocks come in big packs.
  11. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's one new building block set ontop of last year's. I like the cracked lava tiles, too bad you cant craft them anytime you want, but it's pretty cool the tiles come in a pack of 15 at such a cheap price!
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Xianthia and 2 others like this.
  12. Naramsin Well-Known Member

I like that bridge that they offer but it is kinda testy using ingame edit mode, but I could imagine tweaking that with JesDyr's Layout Editor to fit just right. I know it was a rainbow bridge, but for some reason it reminds me of the Bifrost from Marvel's Thor movies and comics.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I don't know but is the spawn rate for the shinies a little low ? I was not able to even find any at all in Sinking sands on the Maj'Dul. server.
    On the test server it was easier to find shinies so I don't know.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I earned enough Coins to get a box of floor tiles, some wall divider sets, 2 chairs, and a table. Butcherblock Outpost. Up where the Yarpsnarl whelps live.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Can't seem to complete the collection from the blue ? areas... Three or so are rather common. Seems the rest are rare.

Anyone else complete this collection... in one year ?
    Soara2 likes this.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

They are divided into 3 sets of 3. So you can get 3 in one area like Antonica, 3 in another area maybe Commonlands, and 3 in another area maybe Butcherblock, not sure which ones are the different 3, some will jump in with which ones are different though I am sure.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Ah, I have only been to Butcherblock. I suppose I can share via shared bank ? Hmmm... I'll have to check and see which one is on which account though.
  18. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  19. elflover Well-Known Member

Also at the end of the announcement there is a link to eq2 traders where there is also info for the event/s
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Unzippped the zip file, and there is in installer in it. Didn't have to modify a file in the EQII folder myself.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.