So a nice bonus week and again a long downtime?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by jbc1948, Jul 1, 2019.

1. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

Just curious but it seems to occur fairly often. Unless you have found some major flaw that needs fixing why" All EverQuest II Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 6:00 AM PT (14:00 UTC) for an update. Estimated downtime is expected to last up to 6 hours."?
    Wouldn't it make more sense to run the bonus starting Weds after such a long DT?

2. Avithax Well-Known Member

Hamsters deserve a brief vacation now and then, 6 hours isn't a lot to ask.
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  3. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Look at the bright side. Our play time has been freed up so we have more time to scan the forums and post our thoughts on the game and make suggestions for improvement! (That sounds better than: "We have more time to complain.")

Of course, we could do some chores or workout.:eek:;)
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Frankly, I have no problem with the DT if it fixes the major lag issues we've had. The event started yesterday and I was pleased to see (as I know others were), they rolled back the time for those of us who did the PQ early. It's running all the rest of the week, so kudos for that in my book. No disrespect to anyone, but I refuse to snivel about a 6 hour DT to fix/repair what they need to.
  5. Katzandra Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same on the Maj'Dul server lag issues. However it would have been nice public relations for them to give an explanation for the extended downtime, i.e. a fix for lag and server stability issues, etc. We can wonder and hope.......
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Katzandra Well-Known Member

7. Laaw Well-Known Member

Klackers, Cyrrena and Jaden like this.
  8. Meredithe_Soulsfire Member

I am very glad the lag issues may be getting fixed, they are pretty bad. I just wish it wasn't on my only day off lol. =/
    Ah well, le`sigh.. whats a necro to do but play with her minions while she waits...... >=)
    Juraiya, Cyrrena and Laaw like this.
  9. Gullveig New Member

Do also note that most Tuesdays we have downtime for updates, bug fixes, and/or server maintenance. It's the usual schedule, pretty much.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Bunji Developer

We performed some database cleanup during the downtime, which will help in overall performance.
    Juraiya, Siren, Hartay and 6 others like this.
  11. Mojohippie New Member

I'ma make a sammich
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing, Bunji. I had inferred from the message that the server being down for six hours would be addressing some things that will help unclog the system.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

Schedule is usual, but most Tuesday downtimes (especially with such lean patch notes) are 2hrs, tops.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

forget about it !
    Cyrrena likes this.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Would help clean it up more if you would give us craftable furniture depots and building block depots for our houses and the same for guild amenities and armor and weapon depots as guild amenities *grins snarkily*
    Juraiya, Siren and Jaden like this.
  16. Gullveig New Member

Bunji, I don't know how much improvement in CD zones we're seeing. but harvesting on Maj'Dul in Planes of Power was hideously laggy. You'd click a node, the bar would fill to the end, then just sit there a second or two. And I was using the Harvest Tracking tool, with "ether" in the filter box, and I was waiting 5 seconds or more at times before the harvest tracker would open. There were only 9 people in the zone, including me.
  17. Oradim Well-Known Member

Not a major thing, but it always makes me chuckle when I see it, and I just did. I completed the four Anchorage harvest quests and after I've done the harvesting, ported to guild hall, crafted the items, ported back to Anchorage, and turned in the quests, I still am getting updates on the screen about what resource I have harvested. It makes me think, "Wow, that's like running on the lowest priority background thread or something."
    Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  18. Bludd Well-Known Member

no that's just because the way that popup is programmed wrt. time on screen. You can tweak it somewhat to have less time on screen for each popup, but the stuff is already in your inventory and you can log out even if it's not finished and you would not lose anything
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Gullveig like this.
  19. Oradim Well-Known Member

Sure, understood that nothing is lost and this message is essentially just "Gee whiz!" information. I just find it funny sometimes that I still get messages like this after what feels like 5 minutes post-quest completion/turn-in. Kind of like when Twitter notifies me of a tweet that I may be interested in. Yeah, I know, I replied to that exact tweet earlier!

Maybe my sense of humor is just warped?!?!
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  20. Bludd Well-Known Member

no I agree it is mildly amusing having the game tell you "hey you got a rare" a long time after you've already sold it on the broker
    Breanna, Oradim and Cyrrena like this.