Kaladim & Nagafen Season 2.0

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Kaladim Time-Locked Expansion Server

It's time for a Time-Locked Expansion server update! Kaladim will unlock the Deserts of Flame expansion on Tuesday, July 9, 2019. Click here to refresh your memory with the Kaladim server FAQ.

Nagafen PvP Season 2.0

The Nagafen Seasonal PvP Server will begin its second season on Tuesday, July 30, 2019! Season 2.0 will launch with the Shattered Lands, Deserts of Flame, and Kingdom of Sky expansions simultaneously open. Click here to refresh your memory with the Nagafen server FAQ.

Several adjustments have been made from our last season. Take a look:
    • New Achievements, Appearance Armor, and Titles for Unique kills.
    • Players can now disable PvP experience if so desired.
    • Level 70 buff baubles will be offered six weeks into the season. (These will not include equipment).
    • Scout Damage has been raised.
    • Autoattack damage has been increased for all classes.
    • Discovery XP has been greatly reduced.
    • Quest experience, including PvP quest experience, has been reduced.
    • Healing has been reduced overall by 30%.
    • Druid Regens have been reduced in PvP combat.
    • Crusader heals have been reduced in PvP combat.
    • Control procs have had PvP templates applied.
    • Icy Dig has been lowered to Tier 1 heroic and the items have been also lowered in quality.
    • HPs and Damage have been reduced from DoF and KoS mobs.
    • Experience potions have been removed from the DBG store on Nagafen.
    • Season 2 will continue with the 1 character per account policy.
    Nagafen PvP Season 2.0 will begin on July 30, 2019, and will end on October 29, 2019.
    Umuk, Cyrrena and Durzo like this.
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

Isn't Icy Keep a Frostfell zone? Do you mean Icy Dig?
  3. LeeT New Member

3 Months of KoS?
    Had a lvll 70 in KoS and all the players left. Don't see much in the way of changing apart from caving into the raiders so they can get easy OP gear.
    No PvP vendor, no fixes. Nothing
    :mad:
  4. Eradani Well-Known Member

think i'll pass for several reasons. thx for saving me $45-90
    dirgenoobforreal likes this.
  5. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Can't believe they keep wasting ressources on this Nagafen thing.
    Bekkr likes this.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yep, good catch.
  7. Trasor Active Member

Any word on whether or not taunt immunity abilities will be fixed (Deathmarch, Sanctuary, etc.)?

This may affect my choice on character selection, so was just curious.
  8. Prasecisqo Member

EXCELLENT news on PVP! No pots and lower xp gain will make ppl tun all zones. BUT:

NOW PLS CONFIRM NO WIPE OF SERVER, so that you unlock Nizara and RoK instead!
    Umuk likes this.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

Nagafen PvP Season 2.0 will begin on July 30, 2019, and will end on October 29, 2019.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  10. Byron Member

All good changes. Thanks for listening to player feedback.
    Umuk, Siren and Durzo like this.
  11. Durzo New Member

Good changes, thanks guys. Looking forward to checking out Naggy Season 2.
    Umuk likes this.
  12. oldskool Active Member

How long will Kaladim be on DoF before KoS is opened?
  13. Zlith Member

I would say likely 16 weeks, as it was in the FAQ at server launch that expansions would be released every 16 weeks with mid content at 8 weeks (no mid content for DoF other the Hunters quests). Would put KoS release estimated on October 29th. There has been no indication from DBG that DoF would be on a shorter release.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Ishtara Well-Known Member

I am really disappointed that the only balancing for tank classes is, "Crusader heals have been reduced in PvP combat.". I guess the 5 Paladins playing on Nagafen 2 was too many? What about the non-crusader tanks? I really wish we could have had a short beta to test changes and provide feedback before launch.
    Siren, Hekter and Prasecisqo like this.
  15. Prasecisqo Member

Also remembered... What about classes who rely on CC, are durations longer now? And if you increase scout dps and nerf heals, scouts will rule whole game? Only issue was with druids being able outheal anyone, but shamans for example need boost instead of nerfing. Please make beta as Ishtara said with character buffer so we can test out 1v1s
    Siren likes this.
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

Any gear balance changes for Naggy 2.0 and Kaladim?

I like the titles for *unique* kills. Hopefully this cuts way down on the alt/guildie farming and buying/selling of fame.

No XP pots in the shop this time, hooray! So I take it there will be several upper management suits gagged and straight-jacketed in office closets during this season, or at least until week 6 when the L70 baubles hit the shop. Still, it means 6 weeks of PvP fun in various tiers before most people pay their way to cap.

I hate level locking in general because of the "twinked walls of power" that usually erupt from them, but there isn't that much gear or time for that with 3 month seasonal wipes. Maybe locking will keep some players around in various tiers (instead of in the cash shop buying capped characters).

If every sub-cap tier empties out once the L70 cash shop baubles hit, those not wanting to purchase Pay to Win 70s can just cancel their subs and not pay for the final month. I'll bet the SC 70s are $35 like heroic characters are; maybe between the high cost and the "only 6 weeks left til shutdown" reality of buying them, not that many players will bother with them.
    Umuk and Breanna like this.
  17. Shaagul101 New Member

Have they balanced the summoner class on Kaladim yet? Both the necromancer and conjurer are very OP in the beginning of the server with whole guilds running them.
  18. Zenji Well-Known Member

Summoners classes always have started out strong, it wasn't new to Kaladim. Yes they still solo well, yes they still DPS well. Conjuror's pet did get an undocumented nerf a couple months back on Kaladim.
  19. Obano Well-Known Member

These look like pretty good changes if you ask me. I am pretty excited about season 2 now.

Just one suggestion is they should disable the API that gives out character locations to 3rd party websites on this server. The challenge of PvP is not know where your opponent is. Who gets the jump on who determines the outcome of a lot of fights. People using those 3rd party websites to track players leads to balance issues. Not seen anyone really talk about this yet.
    Siren likes this.
  20. Pumpkin Member

I think u can disable this is character options in game.
    Umuk likes this.