Raid Bulwark Question

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Drik The Troll, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Drik The Troll New Member

Is anyone successfully using short duration invuln spells to live through Raid Bulwark (as opposed to DR/death prevents/longer duration invuln).

I'm a pally, so I'm attempting to use Manawall (4.2s duration) and Faith (3 seconds) and can't get them to work consistently -anyone else tried this or something similar?

Could my timer be off? I'm triggering 4 seconds after the Bulwark call.

Alternately, is raid lag just so bad that short duration blockers will not work consistently?

Any feedback on your experiences appreciated.
  2. SteelBattleguard New Member

As a paladin from back in 2004, mostly main tanking in raids, you should have no problem using Faith and Manawall to counter the Bulwark hits. Make sure that besides having 3 points in Faith, you also invest in 3 points below it in Divine Faith to extend the time to 4 seconds. With Manawall, make sure you have 10 points into Ancient Focus (Dragon tree top option on the third column) to extend duration to 4.6 seconds. I have a act trigger that tells me bulwark, which i then cast the spell then i follow it up with 3 more spells/combat arts before either casting Manawall or Faith. For example i might cast Demonstration of Faith, Devout Sacrement and Stonewall then cast Faith. Don't cast Lay on Hands as part of three as it is instant cast and wont buy you time. Unless we are talking tremendous lag, you should be able to counter each bulwark with np.
  3. Benj Well-Known Member

I've been playing a Paladin since 2005 and often main-tank for my guild's raid force. When I hear the ACT trigger, I immediately cast Devout Sacrament for the 40% damage reduction (Divine Knight's Armor, Prestige). Three to four seconds after I hear the trigger, I cast Faith (with 3 points in Divine Faith, Prestige). If Faith is down, I cast Lay on Hands instead, which is spec'd for a single-use Stoneskin and Stoneskin Reaction. I also have the Divine Favor death prevent running (you should have this on anyway). The healers in my raid will also add Infuriating Thorns, additional death prevents, and additional damage reductions.

I will have to look into Manawall. I'm not spec'd for it currently, but I'll ask around in guild.
  4. Tupperbeast Active Member

Would it be possible for someone to share Bulwark of Order trigger thx?
  5. SteelBattleguard New Member

<Trigger R="looks for .* most hated" SD="Temp up" ST="3" CR="F" C=" General" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    Dude likes this.
  6. Tupperbeast Active Member

Thank you
    Dude likes this.
  7. Benj Well-Known Member

Here's the raid version of the trigger:
    <Trigger R="unleash a mighty barrage in your" SD="Bulwark" ST="3" CR="F" C="General" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />

Note that some bosses use a different wording and will need their own triggers.
  8. Tupperbeast Active Member

Thx you too)))
  9. Tajar Well-Known Member

Manawall is good, on my SK I was using that paired with Legionairs for barrages. Pretty sure Pally's also get both of those abilities.
  10. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

To the original question - I have a whole row of "keep me up" or "can't touch this" combat arts - so for me as a Guardian - I only die on a Raid Bulwark when I go brain dead and miss casting Bulwark.

I tend to cycle with Tower of Stone/ Guardian Sphere and Tower of Stone/Dagroon's Reflexes, and cast other ones on as needed basis. (Of course my healers are also casting death prevents etc)
  11. Benj Well-Known Member

I've started using Manawall as a backup to Faith when it's down. 100% damage reflect for four seconds beats 100% damage absorption for 15 attacks, especially when fighting multiple bosses (looking at you Avatars of Air). Does anyone know what type of damage the bulwark is? I've always assumed Elemental based on the theme of the expac. Legionnaire's Conviction only blocks Magical damage.